We had the pleasure of staying at the Zanzibar Palace Hotel for the last two nights of our month long stay in Tanzania. What a wonderful way to end our dream holiday! We were welcomed with the customary cool drinks and hand towels, and throughout our stay, the gracious staff and owner, Frans, took care of us so graciously and beautifully, it was hard to leave. They answered questions, discussed life in Stone Town, gave us local tips for sightseeing, shopping, places to eat, how to not loose our bearings, arranged last minute taxi service and really made us feel at home. Our breakfast was delicious. The hotel is an amazing architectural and historical building which has been lovingly restored with beautiful features and furnishings in keeping with the original Indian Family design, a tribute to Frans and his vision. We had the honor of staying in the Dunia Suite....yes, it's on the top floor, there are stairs, but it is gorgeous. A lovely bedroom area, comfy bed embellished with flowers on arrival, and then another flight of stairs to the roof top bathroom, which overlooks the city. It is spectacular and showering there during daylight/evening hours was marvelous. Having been born inTanganyika and returning after 50 years of absence, I felt so lucky that my Hawaiian/American Husband and I chose to stay and share such a lovely, locally owned and operated hotel. Fond Memories which we will treasure Forever.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Zanzibar Palace Hotel is a luxurious nine room boutique hotel located right in the heart of Stone Town (an Unesco World Heritage site). It is independently owned and daily under Dutch management and an ideal home to explore and experience all the beauties of this magical town and Island. Zanzibar's rich history is integrated throughout the hotel by Arabian, Indian and English designs, this in combination with all modern comfort (airco, free WiFi, flatscreen TV's, etc). Each room/suite has its own unique decor with many local originating antique pieces of furniture, magical beds, Persian rugs, colourful silks, etc. Room rates for every purse definitely makes this a place to stay. In its adjacent building there is the Palace Luxury Spa, with its contemporary look and feel with one-of-a-kind art and furniture. As you walk through the front door, you notice the soft aqua blue interior colours along with the antique furniture. You are immediately put into a state of calm and relaxation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Zanzibar Palace Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Zanzibar Palace Stone Town
- Hotel Zanzibar Palace
- Zanzibar Palace Hotel Stone Town