We stayed at the Zanzibar palace for two nights at the start of this month after a week in mainland Tanzania and a week in northern Zanzbar.
Robert and the staff are superb and could not be more helpful giving us first class guidence on what to do in Stone Town. They arranged a guided tour with a local guy called GODFREY KASISI who was really very very knowledgable and helpful.
The buliding is lovely with many original features but if you cannot " hack " stairs this is not the place for you, we stayed on the top floor in the Rosewood Room that was good.
We did not eat in the hotel at night, and for that matter few others did either. This is an area that we felt they needed to be bit more ambitious, there is a spa treatment room but it only open on request. This is situated in a building next to the hotel that also has a roof top terrace, perhaps the restauarnt should be up there??
Anyway they are really nice people and desreve to suceed but there is an awful lot of new and very good competition about.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Zanzibar Palace Hotel is a luxurious nine room boutique hotel located right in the heart of Stone Town (an Unesco World Heritage site). It is independently owned and daily under Dutch management and an ideal home to explore and experience all the beauties of this magical town and Island. Zanzibar's rich history is integrated throughout the hotel by Arabian, Indian and English designs, this in combination with all modern comfort (airco, free WiFi, flatscreen TV's, etc). Each room/suite has its own unique decor with many local originating antique pieces of furniture, magical beds, Persian rugs, colourful silks, etc. Room rates for every purse definitely makes this a place to stay. In its adjacent building there is the Palace Luxury Spa, with its contemporary look and feel with one-of-a-kind art and furniture. As you walk through the front door, you notice the soft aqua blue interior colours along with the antique furniture. You are immediately put into a state of calm and relaxation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda and Despegar.com so you can book your Zanzibar Palace Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Zanzibar Palace Stone Town
- Hotel Zanzibar Palace
- Zanzibar Palace Hotel Stone Town