My wife & I stayed in the Dunia Suite at Zanzibar Palace Hotel for the first 3 nights of our honeymoon in Zanzibar. Now, let me tell you something: It was amazing! Robert & the rest of the staff are very friendly, helpful & professional. Breakfast is good. But the best part? The Dunia Suite. Wow! Wow! Wow! It is a neat room with a typical high, four-poster, King size, Zanzibari bed. The room is large, the ceilings are high, it delightfully decorated with Zanzibari art & furniture. You have a balcony with a view of the street below & the magical Stone Town. But the best bit is when you open "the other door": There is a stairway leading to your bathroom, which is simply magnificent!!! You see, this is not your normal, everyday kind of bathroom, but as my wife & I would like to call it: "Bathroom Heaven". There is a huge bath (or small swimming pool if you like), a great shower, a basin, a toilet (obviously), a table with two chairs & to top it all off, two deck chairs (these are a few steps up from the bathroom). You have awesome views of Stone Town, the ocean, sunrise & sunset from here! Just imagine standing in the shower while gazing at the beautiful, mystical surrounds that is Zanzibar! It is most definitely the best little spot in the whole of Stone Town if you are into indulging all of your senses! We spent about 90% of our time on the deck chairs just admiring the views & sounds of Stone Town, whilst sipping on beer & wine. Sounds you ask? We were there during Ramadan, so the Muslims pray a few times a day during this period. There are probably about 12 mosques close-by, so you can actually hear all of the sounds coming from each mosque. It is a truly unbelievable experience, one you cannot truly explain to someone who has not been there! Tick this hotel, no, the Dunia Suite, as 1 of your 1000 things to do before you die. You will certainly be sorry if you don't!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Zanzibar Palace Hotel is a luxurious nine room boutique hotel located right in the heart of Stone Town (an Unesco World Heritage site). It is independently owned and daily under Dutch management and an ideal home to explore and experience all the beauties of this magical town and Island. Zanzibar's rich history is integrated throughout the hotel by Arabian, Indian and English designs, this in combination with all modern comfort (airco, free WiFi, flatscreen TV's, etc). Each room/suite has its own unique decor with many local originating antique pieces of furniture, magical beds, Persian rugs, colourful silks, etc. Room rates for every purse definitely makes this a place to stay. In its adjacent building there is the Palace Luxury Spa, with its contemporary look and feel with one-of-a-kind art and furniture. As you walk through the front door, you notice the soft aqua blue interior colours along with the antique furniture. You are immediately put into a state of calm and relaxation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Agoda and Despegar.com so you can book your Zanzibar Palace Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Zanzibar Palace Stone Town
- Hotel Zanzibar Palace
- Zanzibar Palace Hotel Stone Town