A nice layout just a short distance north of Stone Town. The room was a bit worn down but the staff had made a nice swan sculpture of the towel and decorated with flowers. Very nice! The pool area and the beach was very pleasant and tours to Prison Island was arranged to go snorkling and watch giant tortoises. The bar and restaurant was okay even though service sometimes was a bit slow. But when you're on vacation, who cares? The food was also fair but it didn't quite reach the ambitions that the restaurant seemed to have.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mtoni Marine is located on the west coast of Zanzibar, 10 minutes north of Stone Town and neighboring the legendary Mtoni Palace. This laid back and family friendly hotel is the ideal location from which to explore Stone Town and the rest of the island, while providing a peaceful retreat from it all. The hotel offers great facilities including a newly built infinity pool, a variety of restaurants and entertainment, The traditional Mrembo spa, the neighboring Mtoni Palace where Princess Salme was born and the perfect setting for Zanzibar weddings! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your Mtoni Marine reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mtoni Marine Stone Town
- Mtoni Marine Hotel Stone Town
- Mtoni Marine Zanzibar/Stone Town