Mtoni is a nice place to stay. We were there with my in-laws who like their creature comforts and mtoni was perfect for that. The rooms are nice, cool, spacious and kept spotlessly clean- the bathrooms are fine- the staff are friendly and the sports bar serves good tasty pizzas and fish n chips and burgers and such like. When we were there the main restaurant was under maintenance so can't comment on this, but it is right on the ebach and looked lovely. For me the main attraction of this hotel is its convenient location - close enough to Stone town to go in and out for shopping, visiting stuff, meals out etc but far enough out to be quiet and provide a nice beach/pool atmosphere to relax in. Criticisms - actually can't really think of many, to be honest. For the rpice, for its location - it does what it says on the tin :) Oh - I did wish it had a gym - not that this was a major problem but it would have been nice to have the facility.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mtoni Marine is located on the west coast of Zanzibar, 10 minutes north of Stone Town and neighboring the legendary Mtoni Palace. This laid back and family friendly hotel is the ideal location from which to explore Stone Town and the rest of the island, while providing a peaceful retreat from it all. The hotel offers great facilities including a newly built infinity pool, a variety of restaurants and entertainment, The traditional Mrembo spa, the neighboring Mtoni Palace where Princess Salme was born and the perfect setting for Zanzibar weddings! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and Travelocity so you can book your Mtoni Marine reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mtoni Marine Stone Town
- Mtoni Marine Hotel Stone Town
- Mtoni Marine Zanzibar Island/Stone Town