“LOULOU Resturant Zanzibar” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 63 Restaurants in Stone Town
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: French, Belgian
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Fine Belgian Cuisine in a refreshing, stylish and modern setting with romantic lighting, cool air-conditioning & gorgeous upscale cuisine. Using fresh seasonal ingredients combined with the finest of imported Belgian flabours. Loulou is a completely unique experience in Stone Town & cnsidered one of its best restaurants at very affordable prices. CLOSED ON WEDNESDAY
Burnsville, Minnesota
“LOULOU Resturant Zanzibar”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

Our lunch was outstanding, best French fries ever.Surprised with a side of deep fried parsley. We asked them to turn on the air conditioning, so it was very comfortable. Marjorie

Adelaide, Australia
“Excellent eating”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

We found this restaurant after walking around in the heat. Marian loaned us a menu, that we did return, so that the rest of our group could have a look. We had a wonderful meal that night and also went back the next day for lunch. The menu was wonderful with a good selection of wine. George was welcoming as was Marian. The food was great. There was enough in one serve for two people. We made pigs of ourselves. Our thanks to the chef Muharami. Would recommend this restaurant for anyone wanting a change in their food.
Des and Pat

Brussels, Belgium
“Scrumptious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

I was craving for cigales when going in Loulou restaurant and it was just perfect. I enjoyed also very much a chat with the owner at the end of the meal. Friendly staff. The AC was off too but I probably could have asked for it. Free wifi. Thank you for this enjoyable evening!

Visited March 2014
Miami, Florida
“Cool and Soothing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

A rare treat to find and eat at this very nicely appointed restaurant. Owner and Chef George(Belgium national transplanted to the island) is amazingly friendly and his cuisine is superb. We went two nights in a row since we enjoyed it so much. The first night we shared a Crab pastry appetizer which was plenty for the both of us and followed by a giant mangrove whole crab......delicious. The second night we started with a King fish carpaccio with onions, olive oil and soy sauce, followed once again by the giant mangrove crab.
Good selection of white and red table wines.
a ++++++ super ++++++++, this is one of the few restaurants in the island that ids fully a/c and that is very welcome and appreciated at the time of having dinner after a long hot day in the beach and town.
Thanks George. It was great.

Hamburg, Germany
“Very friendly, comfortable and tasty”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

I walked into this restaurant with 20 000 TZS (about12$US) on me thinking that this would cover me for dinner. Alas my budget did limit my choice. But the waiter was very kind and suggest fish with vegetables and rice and a large beer was what I could get. It duly came and was indeed tasty. So friendly were the staff and management that I decided to go back with my wallet ready this time. But the fish and veg was what I wanted again. Oh yes and the large bottle of cold Kilimanjaro Beer!

• Visited February 2014