This place is better than we expected - and we expected a lot. We arrived at the Emerson Spice after 30 hours in transit from Canada at 8:30 AM. Rather than have us "cool our heels" waiting for a room, they put the three of us in an empty room where were showered and had a nap until our actual room was ready! They also gave us two rooms side by side to each other (we had booked a triple as our 22 year old was traveling with us) as they thought we would find it easier that way. They were right. All the rooms are named and all have unique decorations. My husband and I were in Kate (named after Katherine Hepburn in the African queen) while daughter was in Turindot. These rooms have to be seen to be believed. Two balconies (overlooking the old city), outdoor (and indoor) baths and showers, ambiance out of Laurence of Arabia. Daughter's room even had a swing on the balcony. The hotel was walking distance to everything - and we could soak up atmosphere by sitting on our balcony and people watching . The food, which was served in rooftop restaurant, was great. Staff were amazing and helpful. The dinner is amazing. Make sure you make a booking when you check in however as they only have seating for 24 people and it books up quickly. Emerson is a character and very helpful. All in all, great place to start or end a trip to Tanzania.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Emerson Spice, a new Zanzibari experience. This labour of love is a journey into the transformation of a near ruin into a five star fantasy that can only be experienced on the beautiful Islands of Zanzibar. We have opened the cafe and Tea House restaurant and we now have 10 of our 12 rooms open to guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Emerson Spice reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Emerson Spice Hotel Stone Town
- Emerson Spice Zanzibar Island/Stone Town