Booked a few weeks back and the email communication was quick and clear. On checkin we were assigned the Camille Room, which upon entering i was lost for words. It was similar to a preserved room you see in a historical house - antique furniture, sunlighting beaming through, and that rustic charm. The outside balcony looked down onto the mosque and even contained a hammock! Was concerned about the 5am call to prayer, but it wasn't that bad and only went on for 5-10 mins. Aircon was essential (feb) and the mobile phone & torch supplied were useful additions. The in-room bath got plenty of use after a hot day around stone town and the 1st edition zanzibar travel book proved an interesting read.
On the second night we ate in the rooftop restaurant and it was definitely one of the highlights from the holiday. The views (and cocktails) while the sun decended over the horizon provided the perfect setting to a first class dinner & service.
Booked the Spice Tour and airport transfer through the hotel with no problems. As we were leaving early on departure (5.30am), they even provided coffee and fruit.
We've stayed in many hotels throughout the world and this defintely rates as the most unique one yet. Perfect blend of charm & history (building/room) with 5 star quality (service/food). Definitely THE place to stay in Stone Town
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Emerson Spice, a new Zanzibari experience. This labour of love is a journey into the transformation of a near ruin into a five star fantasy that can only be experienced on the beautiful Islands of Zanzibar. We have opened the cafe and Tea House restaurant and we now have 10 of our 12 rooms open to guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Emerson Spice reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Emerson Spice Hotel Stone Town
- Emerson Spice Zanzibar/Stone Town