This place had been recommended to us and we had high expectations that were largely met by the staff and the design of the hotel.
Our room (Violetta) was beautiful, with a lovely terrace, high ceiling, interesting decor and good facilities. The shower could have been more powerful, but that's a tiny picky point.
The real highlight, and an absolute must for anyone staying here, is the dinner on the roof with sundown cocktails before. Delicious food, great value, fabulous view of the sun setting over Stone Town. My tip is to get there at 6pm to get the best table (second one down from the "kitchen").
We didn't meet Emerson, but the story behind every room (supplied in the information pack) was interesting and made us want to have a look at them all!
Overall a great stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Emerson Spice, a new Zanzibari experience. This labour of love is a journey into the transformation of a near ruin into a five star fantasy that can only be experienced on the beautiful Islands of Zanzibar. We have opened the cafe and Tea House restaurant and we now have 10 of our 12 rooms open to guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Emerson Spice reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Emerson Spice Hotel Stone Town
- Emerson Spice Zanzibar Island/Stone Town