This hotel is not yet listed in the latest version on Lonely Planet and had heard about it through a friend of mine.
It was an amazing experience on every level. It is owned by an American guy and English woman and they are both great. It is this recently renovated space with care and love put into every detail. There is a great rooftop that has a restaurant and is perfect for relaxing and watching the sunset. And the dinners have to be one of the best in Stone Town.
The staff is welcoming and attentive to all of your requests. They were able to arrange a tour for us on less than one day's notice and our guide, Simai, was fantastic. The rooms are magnificent and truly make you feel like a king. Our room had two floors, an outdoor dining area and another living room type area. One of the best places that I have stayed in quite some time.
One thing that might be worth mentioning is that the hotel and the rooms do not have air conditioning. The rooms are cool at night and there is a fan so it really was not bad at all.
Other than that the hotel is fantastic and would highly recommend to anyone looking for luxury in the heart of Stone Town.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Emerson Spice, a new Zanzibari experience. This labour of love is a journey into the transformation of a near ruin into a five star fantasy that can only be experienced on the beautiful Islands of Zanzibar. We have opened the cafe and Tea House restaurant and we now have 10 of our 12 rooms open to guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Emerson Spice reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Emerson Spice Hotel Stone Town
- Emerson Spice Zanzibar/Stone Town