“Wow” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Jafferji House & Spa

You added Jafferji House & Spa to your Saves list
Jafferji House & Spa
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   170 Gizenga Street, Stone Town, Zanzibar City, Tanzania   |
Ranked #6 of 32 Hotels in Stone Town
Edmonton, Canada
“Wow”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

We did not know how busy Stone Town would be so we booked a room in the Jafferji House in advance. When we arrived the assistant manager told us our room had been up graded to the Jafferji Sultan Suite. I thought that was a nice jesture and thanked him very much. We then proceeded with the mundane systems of registration.
We were taken upstairs for a tour of the 'room', we passed through one door and then another into an extremely nice room with a king size bed, a seating area, a desk, and a ensuite with a tub, a shower and two sinks. I thought this was fantastic, then our host took us out side the second door and proceeded down the hall to a sitting room big enough to entertain a large group and an outdoor dual shower with a view of the harbour. He explained this was all part of our 'room'. I was completely flabbergasted. We real felt like Sultans.
The staff was very nice and extremely helpful with the questions we had. They are friendly yet professional. We did have a little trouble with the water pressure in the room, the maintenance person was on it as soon as he arrived the next morning, the pressure had been restored by the time we arrived back in the afternoon.
Breakfast was included with our booking. The same fellow waited on us each morning; he was a great guy and went about his business in a meticulous and efficient manner. The breakfast was very good and more than enough to suffice until lunch.
The hotel itself is chalk full of personality. There are lots of historical type knick knacks around like the fairly extensive collection of dial telephones and very interesting art work mounted on all the walls. This made for adventure on our way to and from the lobby.
I do not know what the rack rate for the Sultan Suite is, I am sure it is far beyond our budget but we enjoyed every minute of our stay and you can bet if we are back in Stone Town we will not to have search out accommodation, we will stay at the Jafferji House and Spa.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
JAFFERJI, Owner at Jafferji House & Spa, responded to this review, January 6, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for the time you have taken to post this review following your recent stay at the Jafferjji House and SpaHotel, which will indeed help all travellers to know what to expect in our hotel!

I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay in Jafferji Suite. Next time you should stay in kama sutra suite which is another beautiful suite in the hotel.

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for the time you have taken to post this review following your recent stay at the Jafferji House and Spa, which will indeed help all travellers to know what to expect in our hotel!

I will be sure to pass your compliments to our colleagues who will be very thrilled with your generous words of encouragement.

I sincerely hope we will have an opportunity to welcome you back to the Jafferji House and Spa sometime in the future.

JAVED JAFFERJI

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Etosha National Park, Namibia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

We spend three nights in Jafferji House and Spa. We made our decision looking at reviews on trip advisor and I must say the property is stunning and a lot of effort was made about decor of this place. Stayed at Kama Sutra Suite and the room is double decker and really made our trip. The furniture is antique and really enjoyed our stay. The pictures on wall are great and photographed by Mr Jafferji himself. Every thing was perfect but there was no sign of Mr Jafferji in the hotel. We were told that he was in London attending WTM. We wanted to meet the photographer but that was the down part of our trip.

Room Tip: This is one of the best room in the house..
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I genuinely believe that great service (consistently echoed by all reviewers) makes this hotel such a great place to stay! You can always count on the best in personalized service from the friendly hotel staff, which takes great pains to make your vacation or business trip the best time of your life.

I am really sorry that I could not meet you as I was abroad and I have sent a coffee table book on Zanzibar which i have personally signed and DHL you a copy today. I hope you will enjoy and this will cherish in your library and will remind you of your stay in Zanzibar.

Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

We stayed in the Adnan Suite for just one night between safari and the beach in November 2012 and absolutely LOVED Jafferji House! The staff couldn't be nicer or more helpful, the room was beautiful (although a bit dark) and the atmosphere is perfectly Stone Town. We ate in the attached restaurant and the food was just ok so that would be my only suggestion for improvement (and the only reason that this hotel doesn't get a 5 star rating). Next time we'll go for the Sultan Suite and stay a couple of nights to relax and explore.

Room Tip: Look online and choose your room before you book!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thanks for taking time to review.

I am happy that you enjoyed your stay in Adnans suite, We have taken your advice and recently we have added two reading lamps, so there is more light and can be used if required.

We are changing our menu now and in the next few weeks we will also start alacarte roof top dinning as well so our guests has more option for dinning. We appreciate your comments.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

We loved our stay at Jaferji House and Spa, if only we had an extra night or two to try their acclaimed restaurant. Close to the centre of town and tucked away in one of Stone Towns many little alleys, it is the perfect place to start your holiday on Zanzibar. The rooms are out of this world. We stayed in the Stanley suite which was so beautifully decked out. The staff were very helpful and the breakfast was lovely too. Would definitely highly recommend this hotel. Amazing quality and value for money.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Regards

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

This is a nice hotel option if you are in Stonetown. The hotel has been recently renovated, and sits in a small alleyway (with a lot of gift shops) in stonetown. We didn't check out all the hotels there, but have to think in terms of quality, it's up there, as Stonetown doesn't really have a lot of great options (its also very very small). The staff is great and super helpful, they allowed us a late check-out (3pm) as our flight was in the evening. Wifi is free and available in your room. The breakfast included in your booking was very good.

There are a couple of unique things you should know. Our room did not have a separate door for bathroom and toilet, so literally the bed is next to shower. Ok if you are a couple, awkward if not. There was no fridge in our room, but the AC was powerful. Since the hotel is located in this small alleyway, cars can't come through, so cabs will drop you off and you'll need to walk 3 minutes to hotel. Not a big deal, but something to consider. It's very easy to get cab, as there is a taxi-stand 3 minutes away. Also, since there are a lot of tourist shops in this alleyway, we got the pitch or hassle or fending them off every single morning we left the hotel to walk through this alleyway. Not great, but not terrible. There is also a forex exchange place that gives great rates.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Indeed, Jafferji House and Spa, is an ideal base for Zanzibar Stone Town landmarks, few minutes walk to ForadhaniGardens and House of Wonders.

I am really happy that you enjoyed your stay and like the hospitality of the staff as well.

London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at the hotel for 6 nights in the run up to my wedding on the other side of the island.
I booked in September so it worked out about £85/night.
They upgraded us to a suite called Karma Sutra without us asking and it was really stunning as the living area and bed were on different floors. There was also an outdoor shower/bath which had views of the ocean!There was also a terrace with loungers outside the room.
Room had A/C and free wifi.
Staff were helpful and polite and breakfast included good options and courses.
Location is good in stonetown as it is near shops and local attractions (forodhani gardens, house of wonder,cathedral) and near restaurants and the water.
I would stay again without question...the staff even gave us a book on departure!

• Stayed November 2012
JAFFERJI, Owner at Jafferji House & Spa, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Dear Guest

I am so happy that you loved our stay in the hotel for six days and Kama Sutra is one of the best suite in Jafferji House.

Next time you should stay in Jafferji House Sultan Suite and you will love the decor and ambiance.

I hope you enjoy my coffee the coffee table on Zanzibar and will remain in your bookshelf for years to come.

You are most welcome to Zanzibar

Regards

JAVED
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

Had one night in Stonetown And relied on Tripadvisors rating and review - they were spot on. Staff super friendly hotel really clean and the rooms are so neat. I was a single traveller And they upgraded me to the Freddy mercury Room - I felt like a Rockstar!!
I was too busy to stay for breakfast the next morning, and the only negative thing I can say is that aside from the complimentary bottle water in the room - I could have used a really big bottle of water.
Right in the heart of Stonetown this is an awesome hotel!!! (one tho g to note there is no Bar - alcohol here in the actual hotel, but that should be the deal breaker - go next door.

• Stayed November 2012
Dear Guest

I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay in Jafferji House and Spa.

Your review serves as a great motivator to the team and would help other travellers make an informed choice on their accommodation requirements when in Zanzibar.

I would like to thank you for this very helpful feedback and hope to welcome you back to the Jafferji House and Spa, sometime in the future.

OWNER
Melia Zanzibar
Melia Zanzibar
#2 of 11 in Kiwengwa
4.5 of 5 stars 798 reviews

Been to Jafferji House & Spa? Share your experiences!