Although I didn't stay in the rooms, I visited the cafe a couple of times in April. It was clean and pleasant with friendly helpful staff. The food and drink was delicious and only boiled, clean water is used in food preparation. The cafe is supportive in the local community which is why I went there in the first place (it funds a local school and sells smoothies made with ingredients from the Seaweed Centre on Paje, a socially responsible business). I got caught in a ferocious downpour of rain just as I needed to leave for the airport and was lent an umbrella by a member of staff who had no guarantee of getting it back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stone Town Cafe and Bed and Breakfast is located in Shangani on Kenyatta Road, just 2 minutes walk from most restaurants and tourist shops, 5 minutes from the Old Fort, and about 10 minutes walk through the narrow streets to Darajani market. Breakfast is served in the cafe downstairs which is open from 8am to 10pm. To book with us directly search Stone Town Cafe and Bed & Breakfast on your browser ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Stone Town Cafe And Bed And Breakfast
- Stone Town Cafe Hotel Stone Town
- Stone Town Cafe And Bed & Breakfast Zanzibar