- Room was spotlessly clean
- Shower had hot water
- Clean fluffy towels provided
- Good mosquito net (though there were no mozzies in my room)
- Nice soap provided
- Fan and air conditioning in the room
- Staff are very friendly and extremely helpful, they speak excellent English and can help with taxis/ tours etc
- Hotel arranged for me to be picked up at the airport, this was seamless and not expensive ($10)
- Credit card payment available with 5% charge, this was handy as I was nearly out of cash
- Whatever way the plumbing/ walls are done, you can hear your neighbours when they're in the loo. Not very pleasant when your neighbour has diarrhoea.
- There are signs up saying you can have dinner in the hotel if you order in the afternoon, however they wouldn't cook for me as I was the only one who wanted dinner. As a female travelling on my own I would have preferred to eat in the hotel at night rather than walk to a restaurant on my own in the dark.
- Apparently you are not allowed smoke on the roof terrace - even though it's on the roof!
- Rooms are fairly small but the price makes it okay
Overall I enjoyed staying here and I would consider it next time I go back to Stone Town.
- Also Known As:
- Warere Town House Hotel Stone Town
- Warere Town House Hotel
- Warere Town House Zanzibar/Stone Town
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Warere Town House is one of the oldest hotels in Stone town providing authentic, affordable accommodation for over thirty years. We are a small, family run hotel that prides itself in making your stay on our spice island memorable.The Warere has been newly renovated to ensure your stay is as comfortable as possible. Come relax with a cold drink on our rooftop after taking in the sites of Stone Town. Enjoy the comfort of your traditionally decorated room while using our free wi-fi connection. Let our exclusive Town House be your home away from home in this exotic spice island, Karibu. ... more less