We are very glad we chose the Warere Guest House and wished we could have stayed longer than two nights. It's a really atmospheric place, in a central part of town very convenient for the ferry terminal and a short walk from the seafront and its attractions, but peaceful and quiet. There's nothing wrong with the area at all, so please disregard comments saying it isn't as safe as some other parts of the Town.
The building is full of character, but comfort hasn't been sacrificed at all. Our room had a balcony with a view over the garden and the rooftops, two very comfortable beds and a/c which was very welcome. Everything was scrupulously clean. Our only slight grumble was the shower, which although it looked stunning, had a rather poor flow of water generally and one evening dried up altogether while my husband was in it. However, the receptionist downstairs couldn't have been more apologetic and sorted the problem out quickly.
Manager Shauna was a pleasure to deal with, replying to emails with friendliness and promptness, and she coped valiantly with some confusion our end over exactly which dates we were coming.
The staff arranged for us to have a walking tour with a guide at short notice, and we were very pleased with th service.
Breakfast is served on the roof terrace and there is also an honesty bar there for drinks and snacks daytime and evening.
In terms of value for money, we thought it was a really good deal, far superior to some much more expensive places which don't have half the character or the good location.
Best of all, it was my birthday one of the days we were there, and while we were out the staff decorated the room with balloons and flower petals, and left two coconut water drinks ready for us to have a toast. We were both touched and thrilled, and when we thanked the people on reception they looked so pleased that it made things even more special.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Warere Town House is one of the oldest hotels in Stone town providing authentic, affordable accommodation for over thirty years. We are a small, family run hotel that prides itself in making your stay on our spice island memorable.The Warere has been newly renovated to ensure your stay is as comfortable as possible. Come relax with a cold drink on our rooftop after taking in the sites of Stone Town. Enjoy the comfort of your traditionally decorated room while using our free wi-fi connection. Let our exclusive Town House be your home away from home in this exotic spice island, Karibu. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and HostelBookers so you can book your Warere Town House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Warere Town House Hotel Stone Town
- Warere Town House Zanzibar/Stone Town