We stayed here two nights after coming in from Kigali and heading out to Chumbe Island. Kenya Airways failed to deliver our luggage to Zanzibar, so my wife had no gear for a day, and I for three days. The manager and staff helped us retrieve luggage, and directed us as to where we could purchase some supplies to tide us over. In my case, I needed prescription drugs, and staff directed us to a great little pharmacy about 1 km. away that fixed me up. When we were trying to find our way out to the main streets from the hotel, staff guided us there.
We rented an air-conditioned room, and it was quite welcome because the closed windows kept out street noise, and allowed us to wash and dry overnight the only clothes we had.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Stone Town.
The only down side was the slowness of breakfast staff to have food out. It seemed they only started to prepare food at the opening hour, rather than have it ready for this time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Warere Town House is one of the oldest hotels in Stone town providing authentic, affordable accommodation for over thirty years. We are a small, family run hotel that prides itself in making your stay on our spice island memorable.The Warere has been newly renovated to ensure your stay is as comfortable as possible. Come relax with a cold drink on our rooftop after taking in the sites of Stone Town. Enjoy the comfort of your traditionally decorated room while using our free wi-fi connection. Let our exclusive Town House be your home away from home in this exotic spice island, Karibu. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, HostelBookers, Agoda, HostelWorld and Odigeo so you can book your Warere Town House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Warere Town House Hotel Stone Town
- Warere Town House Zanzibar Island/Stone Town