“Relax...” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian, African, Bar, Thai
Istanbul, Turkey
“Relax...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

Time flies slower here. Music food everything is relaxed. Service is extremely slow - even slower than the standard zanzibar speed- so don't eat here if you are in a rush. But otherwise you can spend hours here eating drinking relaxing reading and watching other people.

• Greek first
  • Polish first
Planet Earth
“Overpriced and bland”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

The location is decent with good music (jazz and African vibes). According to other reviewers Livingstone is nice for drinks and sunset, but my lunch was terrible. I ordered the King Fish Swahlli entree. I got 6-7 small cubs of fish in a flat sauce (I thought Swahilli meant spicy!? That's what the waiter told me) with bland white rice and vegetables all for waste of a cool 20 USD. I was left hungry and unsatisfied. I ate some of my friends' chips so I wouldn't be hungry on my flight. I could kick myself for not going back to "House of Spices" for my last meal in Stone Town.

I recommend you visit "House of Spices" for a delicious and reasonably priced meal (read the reviews on trip adviser). The king fish, pasta, and cinnamon ice cream are a must.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Planet Earth
“Overpriced and bland”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

The location is decent and music good (jazz and African vibes). Livingstone is nice for drinks and sunset.

My lunch was terrible. I ordered the King Fish Swahlli entree. I got 6-7 small cubs of fish in a flat sauce (I thought Swahilli meant spicy!?That's what the waiter told me.) with bland white rice and vegetables all for waste of a cool 20 USD. I was left hungry and unsatisfied. I ate some of my friends' chips so I wouldn't be hungry on my flight. I could kick myself for not going back to House of Spices for my final meal in Stone Town.

I highly recommend you go to House of Spices for a delicious and reasonably priced meal (read the reviews on trip adviser). The king fish, pasta, and cinnamon ice cream are a must.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Average food, nice location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

We ate here on jan 10th. The food was allright, nothing too special. Service is friendly, but seems to be a bit inexperienced, slow and inadequate. Nice location however, maybe better for a sundowner and snack.

Mwanza Region, Tanzania
“Pleasant location and atmosphere, but expensive”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

Livingstone restaurant is situated next to the city beach and not far from Forodhani Gardens and the House of Wonders. The ground floor area is wonderfully cool and airy and there is a very pleasant outdoor area partly on the beach and partly decked, with big shady trees, where you can watch the fishermen fixing up their boats.
The menu is pretty good and we had no problems with the food, which was well cooked and presented. Service was prompt and friendly.
The downside is that it is expensive - seafood and fries snack platter for two was 21,000 shillings or around $15. Beers and cider were in the 3-4 dollar range.
So overall, a very pleasant place to have lunch but not cheap.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere