The hotel is nice and gave a friendly impression. We had a very nice room with a relatively comfortable bed. The bathroom was rather original, make sure you're comfortable being seen naked with whoever you're sharing rooms with. Most of the personnel was very nice and helpful, however a few seemed to be high on something, with glazed eyes and not really present. The restaurant on the roof has a great view of the city, but the food is so-so. All-in-all it's quite nice and most people seem to have a positive experience here, but unfortunately the personnel that was not fit for work and the restaurant kitchen dragged down our experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the bustling heart of Stone Town the building was originally set up and used as an Indian Merchant House in the 19th century. In the 125 years that were to come the building was home to one of the many Sultan families and then became a hotel some years ago. After purchasing the hotel, renovations started in May 2008. Most of the hotel has been restored into its original state, but we have been making some changes as well. The result is The Swahili House - a sparkling hotel with traditional influences and modern day facilities in combination with authentic Swahili hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Jovago.com, Hotels.com, Tingo, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your The Swahili House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Swahili House Hotel Stone Town
- The Swahili House Zanzibar/Stone Town