“Lovely Tented Camp on the Escarpment over Lake Manyara” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Kirurumu Manyara Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lake Manyara National Park
Kirurumu Manyara Lodge
You added Kirurumu Manyara Lodge to your Saves list
4.5 of 5 Lodge   |   Manyara, Lake Manyara National Park, Tanzania   |
VA
“Lovely Tented Camp on the Escarpment over Lake Manyara”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

Our tent was luxurious from the bed, bed linen, bathroom, service, and dining. The staff were friendly and accommodating. We had a bush dinner on site just for the four of us with all sorts of extra attention. Would absolutely recommend it.

Room Tip: Get a tent far from everyone else.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Polish first
Stockholm, Sweden
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

A couple of kilometer from the main road, in the middle of the woods you will find this tented lodge.
There are Masai warriors garding the premesis and help you With your luggage, the standard in the tent are average, and there is no view from the tent. The outside dining room and bar are beatifully situated with a wonderful view over the Manyara lake and valley.
Quite noisy during night With a lot of animal sounds.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

When we booked our Northern Circuit Safari we didn't actually book Kirurumu Tented Lodge at all. But about a month and a half before our trip we were informed that our 'other' hotel had to cancel our reservation due to facility issues, and we will be staying at Kirurumu.

Anyway, this place is awesome - the views from the private balconies were awesome, the location is pretty wild and in-touch with nature, the food was great, the staff was extremely nice and attentive, and the bar area is nothing short of amazing in its comfort, relaxation and spectacular panoramic views of the Rift Valley and Lake Manyara.

The rooms are comfortable and so are the beds, the rooms can be romantic or platonic (I stayed in a room with my sister while my parents shared a room), and the only "down" size is that the bathroom and shower area have no door so if one person is using the bathroom, it's nicer for the other person to sit outside on the balcony. You also have to coordinate a little bit with the shower so that you're not running around naked with your friend or sibling in the room, unless you're a couple, in which case it obviously doesn't matter.

The location is great. It's on top of the rift valley, so the views are awesome like I said, but it's also about 20 minutes from the entrance to the park. Which is another story - the park is nice, but nothing compared to Tarangire, Ngorongoro or the Serengeti. One huge plus of Lake Manyara is their organized night drives, where you can sometimes see a variety of interesting animals that aren't seen during the day.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

The staff were very welcoming and hospitable and my tent was a lot cleaner than I thought you could expect a permanent tent in the wilderness to be! The views over lake Manyara from my front deck were very nice and the entire site was quite peaceful. I had some trouble sleeping simply because it was my first night out in the wild and, being in a tent by myself, it was easy for my imagination to run wild every time I heard footsteps... And I heard many of them - big and small throughout the night. I found out in the morning that the Masaai men who are employed by the camp also patrol the grounds as security at night, which probably would have eased my mind if I had known that what sounded like some man outside my tent was, indeed, a man walking around my tent, but for my security!

There was not a hair dryer, which is fine, but if you wash your hair at night before bed, give yourself enough time for your hair to air-dry. There are outlets, which worked fine with my adapter/converter.

The food was better than I expected and the waitstaff were unbelievably friendly and quick to commit my name to memory, which is always nice!

If it had been in the middle or at the end of my trip, I probably wouldn't have had the " late-night-animal-sounds-freak-out" factor going on. It was a very nice camp overall!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Highly recommended tented lodge. We were so excited when we got to this place. It was a fun place that we could relax in, making our safari experience even better. The tented lodge has a zipped screen front overlooking a large patio/balcony with a very pretty view. We spent the eve drinking wine on the balcony and watched the sunrise from the balcony. It had small seating area and 3 beds (for the 3 of us) with mosquito net around each. The bathrooms were decent. There was no door from bathroom to living/bed area so not much privacy. But this was not a big deal to us. Pretty clean, shower dark and probably recommend slippers. No travel shampoo/conditioner/soap provided but have towels. Also provided bottle of water for each of us. Dinner/breakfast/lunch boxes provided for us. Overall decent food. Beef for dinner was the toughest i've ever had as I worked my arm muscles sawing through it. But again, not a big deal at all. Wear bug spray around the area, and when eating. I got bit on the eye and my eye was pretty much swollen shut! Staff was great too. Overall very pleased and highly recommended.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

A great place to stay when visiting Lake Manyara National Park - we could actually see Lake Manyara from our balcony. Our tent was fairly basic but the shower was lovely. The restaurant team (Buru and Latifa) looked after us very well, working round dietary requirements and breakfast started early so we could eat in rather than take a picnic with us. We'd go back, probably for two nights next time so we could spend longer enjoying the National Park.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Langley, B.C. Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

Kirurumu Tented Lodge is a spacious permanent tented lodge. The tented rooms have a large 3 piece ensuite with running hot water with wonderful water pressure for the shower....no roughing it here! Staff, including the Maasai porters in their traditional red robes were all very friendly and helpful. The Maasai look so unique and regal in their bright red, blue and purple robes. Our patio overlooked the lake; great to sit and relax on the patio overlooking the lake and then have a great and very filling dinner in the open air restaurant overlooking the Lake Manjara valley. The Kirurumu restaurant staff are very friendly, greeting everyone with a chorus of Jambo (hello) and Karibu (welcome). Wonderful place to stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Kirurumu Manyara Lodge? Share your experiences!