“Great experience!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Manyara Ranch Conservancy

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lake Manyara National Park
Manyara Ranch Conservancy
You added Manyara Ranch Conservancy to your Saves list
3.5 of 5 Lodge   |   92 Haile Selassie Road | P.O. Box 2590, Arusha, Lake Manyara National Park, Tanzania   |
Palo Alto, California
“Great experience!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Loved staying at this camp! It was a great "home-base" for visiting Tarangire and Manyara Parks, but maybe even nicer touring the game in the conservancy itself! The staff were friendly, helpful and welcoming (but not overly so). The night game drives were exciting and the knowledge sharing of everyone we met was welcomed and appreciated! Would highly recommend staying at this camp!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Aubonne, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

Manyara Ranch was our first tented camp experience on our very recent trip to Tanzania and first tented camp experience ever!! What a superb stay! It's not luxurious (compared to some others on our trip), but warm, welcoming, and more than comfortable. It was our first time staying in an acco where we heard the elephant trampling in the bush right outside our tent and the roar of a lion not far away. Thrilling!!
We went for a game drive and because of it's location - which is in the corridor between Manyara Park and Tarangire, a lot of the animals use it to cross from one to the other - so exciting game sightings are always a possibility on game drives. We saw two cheetah brothers walking along and the sundowner we had was just perfect against the backdrop of a gorgeous sunset. The staff are friendly and very warm - Waylan, who was managing the camp during our stay was wonderful and we enjoyed the family style meals at the camp. Great way to catch up with your fellow travellers!
Thank you so much!! We'd love to return! :)

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
New York City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

The ranch provides a perfect setting for experiencing wildlife intimately. The tents are cozy but you always sense the presence of wilderness. The staff are warm, helpful and always willing to share their knowledge. It was a high point of our safari.

• Stayed August 2013
MRCTom, Owner at Manyara Ranch Conservancy, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Thank you for your very positive review. We do pride ourselves on being one of the only places in Tanzania that offers exclusivity of use and freedom to explore. Its all about the experience and not just the camp.
San Francisco Area
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

not sure what to add that hasn't been said. After a fabulous 2-week trip through the Northern Tanzania circuit, we look back at Manyara ranch as one of our highlights. Positives:
-- great tents. Very comfortable, but I can't recommend enough being in a soft wall tent. Our 2 nights there, we heard lions literally within 10-20 feet of our tent roaring. Yes, I needed the sleep and was exhausted, but there's nothing to tell you you're in Africa like waking up to the low roar of lions.
-- because you're not in a national park, there is more freedom. This means open-walled vehicles, night drives, walking safaris, and horse safaris -- all with great animal sightings. Yes, the sightings were a half-step below what I got in Ngorongoro or Serengeti, but the intimacy made it a fabulous introduction if you're flying into Arusha. I didn't but several of my party did go on a horseback trip and went right by dozens of giraffes and zebras -- lifetime highlight. Our walking safari was also wonderful -- something about being on foot and seeing the critters was very visceral compared to the game drives the rest of the trip.
-- Loved the intimate family feel -- 6 tents, very comfortable, and great service
-- Sundowner -- amazing.
-- Although we blew it and didn't fit in a visit to the nearby Masai village, there were multiple Masai on staff, and talking to them casually about their lives was an amazing experience. As another reviewer noted, their ability to spot animals is also astounding. One night just as a Masai was about to zip up our tent he suddenly did a 180, pointed his flashlight, and sure enough, there was an elephant maybe 40 yards away in the pitch dark, quietly doing its thing.

Downsides: actually, none come to mind. Go here for your first nights in the bush, coming from Arusha and around seeing Manyara and/or Tarangire -- it was, to us, a 100% perfect first two nights in Africa.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments about our camp and the area.

Lion and elephant are making frequent visits as are the herds of impala, zebra and wildebeest in the area. They seem to feel just as much at home right between the tents as they are elsewhere on the Conservancy. Lying awake part of the night listening to the sounds is all part of the memories we hope you will take home - the sounds of an elephant's stomach rumble, of zebra grazing between the tents, and of lions roaring after feeding....
gainesville FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

My husband and I spent two nights at Manyara Ranch Conservancy in July 2013. Our tent was clean and comfortable, with a hot shower and flush toilet. No electrical outlet in the tent, so camera battery recharging was done at the main dining tent. The food was very good, and eaten "family style" with the other guests at the camp. We participated in a night game drive, morning walking safari and a horseback ride. We went on several game drives, with our driver/guide from Roy Safari driving us in our vehicle, and with one of the Maasai from Manyara Ranch Conservancy along to accompany us. We felt like we were tipping the Manyara staff everytime we turned around, for each of these activities, which was unlike our other camps we stayed at, but other than that, we enjoyed our stay there.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

We were on a family holiday to celebrate our Silver Wedding Anniversary with our three children all over 18. We arrived at Manyara Ranch Conservancy after a hectic week in Arusha National Park followed by the Serengeti and then Ngorogoro. Manyara by contrast was quiet and peaceful. The tents were wonderful, service great and it was wonderful to sit by the campfire with canapés and drinks before dinner.The managers Alan and Weyland were friendly and knowledgeable. We were able to experience night drives, tracking animals and go on walks. Despite having seen so much in the Serengeti we always saw something different every time we went out. Definitely a place to revisit if we are lucky enough to be able to return one day.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

I made a risky move during my 2 week safari with my family, and drank little to know water. That said, I fell victim to sun-stroke, dehydration, and a respiratory infection I must have caught on the plane over. Miserable timing right? Well I spent those sick days here, at Manyara Ranch, so I don't know all about the night drives and horse adventures, but I do know about the atmosphere and staff. The room was so incredible, and the view so breathtaking, that I almost didn't mind spending a majority of my stay there in bed looking out onto the land. While my family went out on game drives, I would fumble out of the tent and lay down in the dining tent (desperate for company) and the staff were incredible! Some barely speak english (which is so interesting and really adds to the experience) but they would bring me water and blankets, and would sit and try to cheer me up. At all times of the night they would bring me my weirdest cravings (mostly pineapple) in hopes to make me feel better. I know I got a little side tracked in this review, but to sum it up, this place is AMAZING. As we were leaving Tanzania we stopped at a little shop and I got a bracelet with a beaded "Manyara" on it to remember the amazing stay. This Ranch is a MUST if you are in Tanzania.

Room Tip: I saw every room.. they are all good :)