“Waste of space, time and money” 1 of 5 stars

18 Harbour Road, Kleinmond 7195, South Africa
+27 28 271 5907
Improve this listing
Ranked #9 of 13 Restaurants in Kleinmond
Description: With the Best View of Kleinmond's Quaint Harbour, Le Reve Restaurant is known for its vibrant atmosphere created by the winning team of Shaun Hunter and Ingrid Scanlen Taylor. Come and enjoy our great food, and excellent service.
Cape Town
“Waste of space, time and money”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

We stopped for an impulse lunch and left as soon as possible after a truly awful meal. The fried calamari had been refried (apparently after a long time in an abandoned dish), so the batter was rock-hard in places. The chips were appalling and tasteless, the sauce tartare was runny and revolting. My daughter's chicken schnitzel was clearly deep-fried instead of pan-fried, and quite frankly, we could have eaten better food at a roadside stall. We didn't expect gourmet fare, but neither did we enjoy being treated with contempt. These people deserve to go out of business, and I hope they do. The location is great; now we need someone who can distinguish between good food and cardboard.

Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Pathetic”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

This restaurant ruined our kleinmond experience it was not even full and after 90 min we walked out without eating. Clearly they trade on location and never on return clients. The female waitress was nothing but unwelcoming and rude. We noticed other people complaining too and the table next to us also left without eating. So sad that the best location restaurant can spoil a impression of an entire town but it does because after this experience we wanted to leave and never return.

Visited January 2014
Centurion, Gauteng, South Africa
“Shocking”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

Well.. what can I say about Le Reve.. sadly not much at all. Was greeted or not greeted by an unfriendly waitress. Who promptly told us the kitchen is closed, will only open in half an hour. Took the drinks order 10 mins later. And the food 30 mins later. Waited for an hour for ghe food ti arrive. Which wad mediocre at best. Line fish of the day was dorado which was probably caught and frozen in December of 2012. Would not recommend this place to any one wanting a great dining experience. .

Johannesburg, South Africa
“Sunday lunch”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

We waited over an hour for any food to be served and despite asking repeatedly for when our food will come we were told on 10 minutes - well after 75 minutes we eventually got our good - was not even good - will never go again and DO NOT RECOMMend this restaurant at all

Cape Town
“Cheapskates?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

I broke my rule of never going to a restaurant with a sea view and I regret that now. Ie: They usually trade on a captive market and the view and not good food. This was the case at Le Reve. I was told they will only do scrambled eggs for the main breakfast. On asking, I was assured it was freshly cooked. Well it wasn't. It was cold and solid and very tired like it had been cooked hours before. They consented to give me fried eggs after I sent it all back. Then the "free" coffee arrived and it looked like weak dish water and was virtually tasteless. I sent that back too and paid for an Americano instead. What a pity they spoilt a good venue and view with a miserly approach. I settled the bill and went off feeling cheated.

• Visited December 2013