“Disappointed” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 16 Hotels in Watertown
Ontario, Canada
“Disappointed”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

My wife and I had stayed at this motel on several different occasions and found it to be a pretty decent place to stay.However, this past weekend proved to be the exact opposite experience.The odor upon entering the the room was like a punch in the face. We were awoke our first night with the fire alarm going off at around 1 AM..we can only assume some idiot pulled the alarm for fun.The second night we were woke at around 3 AM with people partying and fighting right outside our room.To top it all off,the cleaning staff avoided our room,there were no fresh towels, linen or anything else.Needless to say, we will not be returning.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Ottawa, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

If you just want a bed for the night and at a reasonable price, this Econolodge will do. My room was pretty drab and showing its age, but it was clean and the bed was comfortable. The bath room was no more than adequate and the tub shower was pretty antiquated — but I managed.
The morning's continental breakfast was again adequate but unexciting. I noticed unopened baking goods stacked in cartons in one corner of the room. When I had breakfast the food counter had run out of bagels, and I had to settle for an English muffin. Just I was leaving an employee arrived, went to a supply box, and retrieved a package of bagels for the counter, but it was too late for me — and anyway, how long had those unopened packages been sitting there.
However staff members I dealt with seemed friendly enough.
My big reservation was with the security. You actually check in in a small office in a separate building at the front of the property on Arsenal Street. Then there's a long driveway leading to the buildings. At night you're very aware of their remoteness from the bustle of the street, also of the darkness. The positive side of this is that you're away from street noise. The negative side is that my building was wide open to anybody, not just registered guests. I would have assumed my building would have locked security entrances which could be accessed with my room key. But this was not the case. Especially at night an unwelcome intruder would therefore be able to freely, and without detection, enter the guest-room corridors. Potential guests, especially women travelling alone, would be wise to take note of this

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

This is the second time we stayed here. When we checked in the person at the front desk was so friendly. Our rooms were clean. Some updates needed but for the price you pay it is great. Close to all shopping. Will stay again!!

• Stayed July 2012
Watertown
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

The econolodge was affordable, close to shopping and restaurants. The hotel itself is old and the rooms are "tired". The rooms were clean and the staff was friendly. P{robably will not return here....

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

This hotel was not bad for the price we paid. It was conveniently located on Arsenal St. close to the Salmon Run Mall and other big box stores as well as many restaurants. The hotel has an indoor swimming pool which my Son and I really enjoyed. The complimentary breakfast wasn't the best as it did not include eggs, waffles or pancakes but that wasn't a deal breaker for us.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

Just came back from the second stay here-last time 2010. It is absolutely all a senior could ask-
close to major department stores- Saturday afternoon next door at the Tilted Kilt-beautoful
girls and wonderful food. Requested
ground floor but the handicap washroom had more safety features than ever imagined.
A stay in a Toronto hotel last summer for a wedding was 4 times the cost and 1/2 the value.
Staff polite-room clean and comfortable- fridge-microwave and coffee maker available.
Where do they get such soft towels-amazing?

Room Tip: Ask for a ground floor if you are over 80. For $54 it is good value. Telling all our Canadian frie...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Albany, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

When I travel for business, I need to stay at places that take the government rate. Well, I made a mistake and thought the rate was less than it is for the Watertown area. I could have stayed at the Holiday Inn Express or even Comfort Inn up the road. I was really hesitant to stay here based on the reviews. The hotel was not that bad. There are two buildings with two floors each. The one I am in has the indoor pool and continental breakfast. The pool looked very clean. The breakfast is no frills - your typical breakfast - cereal, bagels, juice, and toast. It would have been nice if there was yogurt and/or fresh cut fruit. They did have apples and oranges. The coffee was decent as well. If I am in the area and I feel like saving the State some money, I would stay here again. Overall, it was a nice stay - free internet - not too bad of a connection. The only other compliant would be that there was not many channels on the TV - perhaps 12 total. Check in was very smooth. Check out was very efficient and no issues with my bill.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!