“Staying at the Comfort Inn in Watertown, NY” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn & Suites

Save Saved
You added Comfort Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Comfort Inn & Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   110 Commerce Park Drive, Routes 81 & 3, Watertown, NY 13601   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #5 of 16 hotels in Watertown
New York City, New York
“Staying at the Comfort Inn in Watertown, NY”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

I have stayed in many Comfort Inn's as a Platinum Member. This Comfort Inn is the best run in the chain. It is cleanest hotel, with the friendliest staff. that is reaching out to you to see that you are comfortable there. I was impressed one morning after breakfast seeing all the tables and chairs being scrubbed down. The maintenance and housekeeping staff are the busiest I have ever seen in an hotel. My wife and I stay here once a month and look forward to our stays. The continental breakfast is one of the best I have seen, the coffee never runs out, it is always fresh and there is an attendant there restocking and keeping the breakfast bar tidy. My wife and I stay at this hotel once a month and look forward to our stay there.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Aimee C, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Thank you for sharing your comments about your time with us. Thank you for taking notice of the efforts our staff makes to ensure your comfort and satisfaction. I have shared your comment with them and we are all grateful for your thoughtfulness. We take great pride in our property and it is our pleasure to keep it a clean and friendly environment for our guests. On behalf of the entire team here, thank you and we all look forward to your future stays with us.

146 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Ottawa, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013 via mobile

This hotel was tired looking and dreary. It has a walk through to Denny's which is handy. Pool and weight room looked sufficient. Bed was horrible and pillows were tiny and a pain to sleep with! The heater came off and on all night - loud enough to wake us up! Very annoying! Breakfast was nice - better than a continental. An OK hotel - clean enough but nothing special - would choose another one in the area - there are many choices!

• Stayed November 2013
Aimee C, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts about your recent stay with us. I would like to offer my apologies for not providing you with the award winning stay that you deserve as one of our guests. We strive everyday to ensure that all of our guests are not just satisfied with our service and accommodations, but are pleased with having spent time here with us. I wholeheartedly request that you return to give us the opportunity to show you our normally outstanding service and relaxing accommodations. I would appreciate to opportunity to speak with you about how we can make your next stay the best you've ever had. We hope to see you soon, thank you again for taking the time to share your comments.
Cherry Hill, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

This brand usually is a good value and this one did not disappoint. The room was clean, centrally located to shopping and dining and close to Ft Drum. The breakfast was well kept of items. Got free USA Today. Staff was friendly

• Stayed October 2013
Thank you for choosing to make our hotel your home during your visit to Fort Drum. We are deeply honored to care for those who serve and their families. We hope that you will continue to stay with us when your travels bring you to the base. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, we sincerely appreciate all the feedback our guests can offer us. Many thanks to you and to your soldier as well. Safe travels.
State College, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

The hotel is conveniently located just off the highway and comes with a nice breakfast included to get you on your way in the morning. Quality fixtures, beds, furniture, and linens. They take pets as well, which was very nice. We got a suite which was very roomy with a sitting area and kitchen area. The only negative thing was the Wi-Fi service. I had been counting on it to get caught up on trip planning and it took nearly an hour of back and forth calls to the provider of the service (not the hotel, apparently) to get it sorted out. We felt the front desk could have been a little more interested and pro-active, given that he told us it "...had been out all day...". In the end a simple trip up from the front desk to re-boot the router was all it would have taken to fix--but they weren't very interested. Apart from this, it was a great stay.

Room Tip: Check on the price of a suite--they are well worth the upgrade.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Aimee C, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Thank you for taking the time and energy to review our hotel. We love learning the areas in which we are succeeding as well as the areas in which we can make improvements. Thank you for letting us know about the trouble you experienced with the wireless internet. These issues are definitely something we need to keep track of so that they can be avoided. I apologize that the trouble caused you an inconvenience and for the indifference your inquiry was met with, this is not the way our staff is trained to care for our guests and I can assure you that steps have been taken to ensure it will not occur again. Thank you for your comments about the suites. These rooms have many good points, the size and comfort being a major bonus. For any length of stay, we feel a suite is just right for any occasion. Thank you for choosing to stay with us, we look forward to serving you again.
Pittsburgh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

We found the Comfort Inn to be quite comfortable. The Staff was helpful upon arriving and found the rooms to be clean and inviting. The complimentary breakfast offered a variety of choices. The rates were quite reasonable. It is a good overnight location for traveling to see Boldt Castle when opened for the season.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for letting us know about your stay with us. We are very grateful for all the comments our guests have to offer and use them all everyday to ensure we are doing our very best to care for you. I am so pleased you were satisfied with your stay. We can't wait for you to stay with us again. There are many attractions and fun things to do in our area, please don't hesitate to stop and inquire with any of our staff members for any information. They are all very knowledgeable about the area and always willing to share with our guests. Have a safe enjoyable winter, we hope to see you soon!
Austin, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

My first negative experience was walking in to check in and the front desk staff was visiting with a couple of friends, I was not greeted right away. Not a good first impression. It was 2pm and I was told I could not check in until 4pm, she never bothered to even offer to see if our room might be available (truly I have never experienced this any where else, usually the effort is at least made to see if an early check in is possible). I asked if maybe a 3:30pm check in might be possible, she said 'no, we were full last night 100 something rooms' I really didn't need to know this.
I had requested a quiet room, not by an elevator, stairwell, we were placed in a room right by the stairwell and ice machine. I know I could have requested another room, but once I have gone through the check in process I really don't want to deal with going back down to the front desk to deal with it, just ready to settle in.
We had a room with no tub, I would have liked to have known that, I have never been given a room anywhere without a tub.
The back of the TV remote was held together with a bandaid.
They offered popcorn in the lobby but it was empty every time I checked.
The breakfast staff was very nice and the breakfast was a nice offering.
Liked the sofa instead of chairs in the room
There were holes in spots on the ceiling.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for choosing to review your stay on Trip Advisor. It is only thanks to your generosity that we are able to continually improve our service and accommodations. I would like to offer my sincerest apologies that your welcome and check in did not live up to our normal award winning standard. I am sorry that we were unable to honor your room request, we make every effort to grant all guest request however on occasion this is not possible. I would like to thank you for bringing these maintenance issues to our attention, normally our in house quality assurance inspections will catch these issues before a guest arrives. Thank you for the positive feedback as well, we will be putting it all to good use so that the next time you stay with us your stay will surpass expectations. Thank you again for taking the time to let us know about your stay. We hope you will return to allow us the opportunity to show you how well we normally care for our guests.
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

The hotel is clean, renovated, well-located and best of all very affordable! Includes great breakfast buffet and lots of parking. Staff is very friendly and efficient. Rooms are good size. Only thing I would recommend is to change all the pillows. They're getting kinda lumpy.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Aimee C, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to review your stay. Feedback from our guests is the best tool we have to improve our service or know where we are succeeding. Thank you for your comments about the pillows. In the very near future we will be upgrading them to offer you a choice between firm or soft. I hope that this change will resolve any future issues and encourage you to return. Thank you again for your time. We hope to see you soon.

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!