“Everything as expected and takes pets!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn & Suites

Save Saved
You added Comfort Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Comfort Inn & Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   110 Commerce Park Drive, Routes 81 & 3, Watertown, NY 13601   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #5 of 16 hotels in Watertown
State College, Pennsylvania
“Everything as expected and takes pets!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

The hotel is conveniently located just off the highway and comes with a nice breakfast included to get you on your way in the morning. Quality fixtures, beds, furniture, and linens. They take pets as well, which was very nice. We got a suite which was very roomy with a sitting area and kitchen area. The only negative thing was the Wi-Fi service. I had been counting on it to get caught up on trip planning and it took nearly an hour of back and forth calls to the provider of the service (not the hotel, apparently) to get it sorted out. We felt the front desk could have been a little more interested and pro-active, given that he told us it "...had been out all day...". In the end a simple trip up from the front desk to re-boot the router was all it would have taken to fix--but they weren't very interested. Apart from this, it was a great stay.

Room Tip: Check on the price of a suite--they are well worth the upgrade.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Aimee C, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Thank you for taking the time and energy to review our hotel. We love learning the areas in which we are succeeding as well as the areas in which we can make improvements. Thank you for letting us know about the trouble you experienced with the wireless internet. These issues are definitely something we need to keep track of so that they can be avoided. I apologize that the trouble caused you an inconvenience and for the indifference your inquiry was met with, this is not the way our staff is trained to care for our guests and I can assure you that steps have been taken to ensure it will not occur again. Thank you for your comments about the suites. These rooms have many good points, the size and comfort being a major bonus. For any length of stay, we feel a suite is just right for any occasion. Thank you for choosing to stay with us, we look forward to serving you again.

127 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Pittsburgh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

We found the Comfort Inn to be quite comfortable. The Staff was helpful upon arriving and found the rooms to be clean and inviting. The complimentary breakfast offered a variety of choices. The rates were quite reasonable. It is a good overnight location for traveling to see Boldt Castle when opened for the season.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for letting us know about your stay with us. We are very grateful for all the comments our guests have to offer and use them all everyday to ensure we are doing our very best to care for you. I am so pleased you were satisfied with your stay. We can't wait for you to stay with us again. There are many attractions and fun things to do in our area, please don't hesitate to stop and inquire with any of our staff members for any information. They are all very knowledgeable about the area and always willing to share with our guests. Have a safe enjoyable winter, we hope to see you soon!
Austin, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

My first negative experience was walking in to check in and the front desk staff was visiting with a couple of friends, I was not greeted right away. Not a good first impression. It was 2pm and I was told I could not check in until 4pm, she never bothered to even offer to see if our room might be available (truly I have never experienced this any where else, usually the effort is at least made to see if an early check in is possible). I asked if maybe a 3:30pm check in might be possible, she said 'no, we were full last night 100 something rooms' I really didn't need to know this.
I had requested a quiet room, not by an elevator, stairwell, we were placed in a room right by the stairwell and ice machine. I know I could have requested another room, but once I have gone through the check in process I really don't want to deal with going back down to the front desk to deal with it, just ready to settle in.
We had a room with no tub, I would have liked to have known that, I have never been given a room anywhere without a tub.
The back of the TV remote was held together with a bandaid.
They offered popcorn in the lobby but it was empty every time I checked.
The breakfast staff was very nice and the breakfast was a nice offering.
Liked the sofa instead of chairs in the room
There were holes in spots on the ceiling.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for choosing to review your stay on Trip Advisor. It is only thanks to your generosity that we are able to continually improve our service and accommodations. I would like to offer my sincerest apologies that your welcome and check in did not live up to our normal award winning standard. I am sorry that we were unable to honor your room request, we make every effort to grant all guest request however on occasion this is not possible. I would like to thank you for bringing these maintenance issues to our attention, normally our in house quality assurance inspections will catch these issues before a guest arrives. Thank you for the positive feedback as well, we will be putting it all to good use so that the next time you stay with us your stay will surpass expectations. Thank you again for taking the time to let us know about your stay. We hope you will return to allow us the opportunity to show you how well we normally care for our guests.
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

The hotel is clean, renovated, well-located and best of all very affordable! Includes great breakfast buffet and lots of parking. Staff is very friendly and efficient. Rooms are good size. Only thing I would recommend is to change all the pillows. They're getting kinda lumpy.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Aimee C, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to review your stay. Feedback from our guests is the best tool we have to improve our service or know where we are succeeding. Thank you for your comments about the pillows. In the very near future we will be upgrading them to offer you a choice between firm or soft. I hope that this change will resolve any future issues and encourage you to return. Thank you again for your time. We hope to see you soon.
Ottawa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

Great hotel for shopping in Watertown. The 2 queen bed suite was...well... sweet. Layout of the room was interesting. Room opens into a living room with sofa bed and kitchenette area(microwave and fridge and sink - no kitchen supplies like cutlery /bottle opener or any of that). Then you move into a corridor with washroom off to the side, and then into the bedroom. Kind of cool, and washroom acts as a buffer between sitting room and bedroom (if someone wants to stay up later). Hotel staff was very friendly at all times. Breakfast was great, eggs, sausage, etc. Cookies at check in time.
Absolutely no complaints. And very convenient to shopping.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Aimee C, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Hello shopper! Thank you for choosing to make us your home base during your shopping excursion. Our spacious suites are the perfect room for a shopping getaway. The extra room for organizing and storing shopping bags is a real plus. Not to mention the kitchen area to prepare refreshments after long days of bargain hunting. I hope that you will be returning to stay with us again this holiday shopping season. Our front desk staff often has sale fliers and coupons available for many of our local retailers. Please do not hesitate to request these from them. Thank you for taking the time to review your stay, your comments are a very important tool for us.
Plattsburgh, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

I did my research before reserving a room at the Comfort Inn because I was attending a conference in town and wanted to make sure I had a clean, comfortable place at night. The reviews on Trip Advisor did not let me down once again! This hotel is very clean and updated, although it may not appear so from the outside. Our room was a King Suite which was more than adequate for our needs. It had a very comfortable bed, sofa, chair, desk and jacuzzi tub. The only negative I have is that there was not a bathroom fan, but the bathroom was spacious enough that it didn't seem to matter. We were on the 4th floor and our room was adjacent to the elevator, but we did not hear any noise at all during the night. The staff was very helpful and the parking was easy. There is a clean indoor pool that had plenty of chairs and tables surrounding for relaxation. There is also a very nicely equipped exercise room. My conference was being held at the Ramada Inn down the street, but from what I saw I would highly recommend staying here at the Comfort Inn. It seemed much cleaner and more up-to-date.

Room Tip: We were right next to the elevator on the 4th floor and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for deciding to leave your comments about our hotel on Tripadvisor. We credit much of our success in the industry thus far, to our ability to take our guests comments and use them to make our service and accommodations even better. I am so very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and were able to comment about so much that you experienced during your stay. Our whirlpool rooms are indeed splendid rooms. These rooms are all about relaxation, the larger space, the added furniture, and let us not forget the large whirlpool tub for your enjoyment. They are just right for unwinding at the end of the day or celebrating a homecoming. We really look forward to your future stays with us. Hopefully we will see you soon!
Port Perry, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

Stayed one night here while passing through. Hotel is clean and lots of choice for their complimentary breakfast. It was busy but quiet and staff were helpful. Was above expectations considering other comfort inns I have stayed at.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Aimee C, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Thank you for choosing our hotel on your recent stopover in Watertown. Your comments are an invaluable resource for us, thank you so much for sharing them. I am glad that we were able to be of service. We look forward to your stays with us in the future perhaps as a destination instead of a stopover.

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!