“Very clean and large room, great location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn & Suites

Save Saved
You added Comfort Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Comfort Inn & Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   110 Commerce Park Drive, Routes 81 & 3, Watertown, NY 13601   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #5 of 16 hotels in Watertown
Plattsburgh, New York
“Very clean and large room, great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

I did my research before reserving a room at the Comfort Inn because I was attending a conference in town and wanted to make sure I had a clean, comfortable place at night. The reviews on Trip Advisor did not let me down once again! This hotel is very clean and updated, although it may not appear so from the outside. Our room was a King Suite which was more than adequate for our needs. It had a very comfortable bed, sofa, chair, desk and jacuzzi tub. The only negative I have is that there was not a bathroom fan, but the bathroom was spacious enough that it didn't seem to matter. We were on the 4th floor and our room was adjacent to the elevator, but we did not hear any noise at all during the night. The staff was very helpful and the parking was easy. There is a clean indoor pool that had plenty of chairs and tables surrounding for relaxation. There is also a very nicely equipped exercise room. My conference was being held at the Ramada Inn down the street, but from what I saw I would highly recommend staying here at the Comfort Inn. It seemed much cleaner and more up-to-date.

Room Tip: We were right next to the elevator on the 4th floor and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Aimee C, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Thank you so much for deciding to leave your comments about our hotel on Tripadvisor. We credit much of our success in the industry thus far, to our ability to take our guests comments and use them to make our service and accommodations even better. I am so very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and were able to comment about so much that you experienced during your stay. Our whirlpool rooms are indeed splendid rooms. These rooms are all about relaxation, the larger space, the added furniture, and let us not forget the large whirlpool tub for your enjoyment. They are just right for unwinding at the end of the day or celebrating a homecoming. We really look forward to your future stays with us. Hopefully we will see you soon!

153 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Port Perry, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

Stayed one night here while passing through. Hotel is clean and lots of choice for their complimentary breakfast. It was busy but quiet and staff were helpful. Was above expectations considering other comfort inns I have stayed at.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Aimee C, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Thank you for choosing our hotel on your recent stopover in Watertown. Your comments are an invaluable resource for us, thank you so much for sharing them. I am glad that we were able to be of service. We look forward to your stays with us in the future perhaps as a destination instead of a stopover.
Arlington, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

I had to change the dates of my stay last minute as my soldier's homecoming was delayed, and they were incredibly accommodating. As they didn't have a room like mine available for an extended stay, they bumped us up to a suite free of charge! I used the fitness room each morning, and it was clean and empty around 7am. The TV wasn't working and they had maintenance come by to fix it immediately. Not necessary, but great. The breakfast was very good (love the mini waffle maker!) and the breakfast staff was great. I've stayed here numerous times before, but this was a wonderful stay and I want to thank the staff for being so helpful. I suppose it comes with being in the area of a military base, but it doesn't go unappreciated.

Room Tip: There is laundry on the 2nd floor so ask for a room on the opposite side of the laundry room - you c...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us to welcome home your soldier. We are proud and honored to have the opportunity to support our troops and their families. Being close to the base we understand how quickly things can change and we will always make every effort possible to accommodate these changes for you. I am pleased that you were able to enjoy our fitness room so thoroughly. I have shared your comments with the breakfast staff and they are grateful for your kind words. I hope that you will return to stay with us again. Climb to glory.
Florence, Italy
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

Efficiently run low-end hotel chain. Front desk staff (especially Jay) was extremely good at their jobs. The rooms are clean and comfortable. However, I don't understand how they can charge a 25% supplement ($25) when staying with a small pet in the room. This seems excessive. Maybe if this were a Hilton or similar lodging, but not for this hotel category.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
I would like to offer my thanks for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. Thank you for your comments about our staff, our team takes great pride in their work and your comments are rewarding. Our pet fee is a one time cleaning fee charged whenever and animal occupies a room. This fee is $25.00 per pet, per stay to cover the extra deep cleaning that must be done when a pet room checks out. Please understand that it is our pleasure to make a great effort to return our rooms to new condition each time they are vacated, so when there is a pet in the room this can take considerable time and resources. Thank you again for your time and consideration in writing your review. I hope you will return to stay with us again soon.
Rogersville, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

We were in a handicapped room although we are not handicapped - it was less expensive! The room was clean & quiet and the bed was very comfortable. The hotel is located in a convenient area, the breakfast was good, what more could you ask?

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Aimee C, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Thank you for your comments. We work very hard to make all of our rooms clean and comfortable for all of our guests. I am very pleased that you found our efforts to be paying off. It is our goal that your next stay will be better and the one after that even better. I cannot express the importance of guest feedback, it is truly one of the most important tools we have at our disposal to make our hotel a better place to stay. Thank you again, we hope to see you soon.
Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

Accessible room a long walk from the elevator, sofa bed was not fit to sleep on & rubber eggs for breakfast. Room was very dark even with all the lights on and definitely not worth the money. Staff and location are the only good points to this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay with us. Comments like yours will only serve to help us improve our service and accommodations. Please rest assured that all feedback we receive is put to use in improving our hotel for your future stays. I hope you will return to stay with us again in the future so that we can share our improvements with you. Thank you again.
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

Our family of four spent the weekend here to do some cross-border back-to-school shopping. We had a room with two queen beds. The room was very clean. It had a mini-fridge and microwave, which was handy because we have young children that "need to eat now". Parking was free and plentiful. They have an indoor pool which we got to enjoy, and we had it virtually to ourselves the whole weekend. The breakfast was plentiful. The staff were kept on their toes re-filling all the food and it was definitely one of the best continental breakfasts I've had at a hotel. Staff did a great job! There are no room safes, and since we were going to be gone all day shopping, the front desk agreed to keep our bag of electronics safe until we returned at night. It was a relief not to worry about that. I would stay here again!

Room Tip: Our room was very quiet. We were on the fourth floor facing the highway, and had a nice view of the...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for staying with us. We hope you had good luck in your shopping adventures. We strive to keep our breakfast tidy and fresh. We have recently added Pumpkin flavor waffles as a seasonal option in the morning. They smell delicious and are very popular. I hope your family was able to enjoy our evening snack as a well deserved treat after your long days of shopping. We sincerely look forward to your next stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to review your stay.

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!