“Pleasant stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn & Suites

You added Comfort Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Comfort Inn & Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   110 Commerce Park Drive, Routes 81 & 3, Watertown, NY 13601   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #5 of 16 Hotels in Watertown
Chesapeake VA
“Pleasant stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Daughter and I stayed here July 3, 2013. We were a late arrival. Desk clerk was expecting us, very pleasant, room was quite clean and comfortable, beds nice, and breakfast was very adequate with a good deal of variety. While disappointed in some other Comfort Inns lately, this particular one is a bargain. I often stay at Hampton Inn, but in Watertown Comfort Inn is as good and saves you thirty or forty bucks.

Larry C.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Aimee C, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
I would like to thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We strive to ensure every guest has a comfortable and friendly stay. I am so proud that we were able to provide this to you and truly exemplify our award winning standard of service.
I hope you will return to stay with us again in the future so that we may continue to share our hospitality with you. Thank you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Willoughby, OH
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

The hotel has a few extras: popcorn or cookies in the lobby late afternoon, and a full hot breakfast, instead of the deluxe continental found at most Comfort Inns. It is better maintained than many properties in the Comfort chain, so perhaps that is why it is a gold medal winner, but I didn't find anything outstanding. Our king room was comfortable with microfridge and sofabed, but the sofabed was showing its age with cushions going flat.

We also experienced housekeeping problems. Why is it if you are still hanging around your room at 10 am the housekeeper asks, "Do you want your room serviced today?" Do they go home at 10:15? Like so many hotels, they have the "save the environment cards" that try to guilt you into saving your towels, but no towel bars to do so. The cards say that if you don't throw your towels on the floor, they won't be changed. WE FOUND THEY TAKE THIS LITERALLY. A soiled washcloth I left crumpled on top of the toilet was deemed to be "hung" and "saved for reuse". I complained to the front desk, they were apologetic and brought full sets of clean towels immediately, and at my request marked that our room wanted clean towels regardless of where we left them. By the way, they only provide 1 set of towels per person -- no extras. Not what I call gold medal quality. My final complaint was that the last day the ladies room near the breakfast area had no soap, so I alerted one of the breakfast attendants. She reported that the soap dispensers were removed because they were broken, and seemed to think nothing could be done. I pointed out to her that housekeeping has bars of soap and she should go get one!

The hotel is in a good location with many restaurants nearby. If you need a store, there's the mall, Walmart, and Super K-Mart. It's just 30 min. to Alexandria Bay or Clayton, and we really enjoyed the historical society in Watertown.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for leaving a review of your stay with us. I am sincerely sorry that we did not fully represent our Gold Award winning service. I have spoken to the housekeeping management team about the concerns you had with your room service. They have assured me that this situation will not occur again.
Thank you so much for bringing these issues to my attention so that I could personally remedy them. I hope that you will return to stay with us again so that we may truly show you what it means for us to be a Gold Award winner. I thank you again for your time and consideration in reviewing our property.
Massena, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

You certainly get your money's worth here. A very clean well run hotel. Breakfast is very good and the staff is on top of maintaining it, replenishing it as guests enjoy. Staff is very nice which can make all the difference in the world in regards to wanting to stay there. Easy interstate access. Rooms are very quite. We were right by the vending machines and we didn't hear a peep. That's the only place we will stay in Watertown.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your recent trip to Watertown. I am so pleased that we were able to provide you with an excellent stay. I am proud of the accommodations and service we offer. Thanks to the generosity of time of guests like you we learn where our strengths are. Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to share our hospitality with you, we look forward to your future stays with us.
Mahopac Falls, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in this hotel for a weekend in August 2012. I would suggest it because it is centrally located, has a nice pool for the kids, and is very clean. We enjoyed out stay there very much. There are plenty of restaurants around, close to shopping and plenty of sightseeing in the area. This hotel felt safe and the staff went above and beyond in dealing with out autistic son.

• Stayed August 2012
Thank you for taking time away from your schedule to leave a review about your April stay with us. Our staff takes great pride in caring for all of our guests. I am grateful to you for recognizing our efforts. I hope you and your family will continue to stay with us so that we will have the continued opportunity to provide comfortable rooms and friendly service to you. Please remember that the staff is a wealth of knowledge and if you ever run out of ideas for activities or would like a new place to eat, just ask they will be happy to assist you. Thank you again.
Ottawa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

I am surprise by overwhelming positive reviews of this hotel. I didn't find anything special or unique in terms of customer service nor amenities of this hotel. It is just a standard Comfort Inn in a small town USA. We booked through expedia and stayed over for a long weekend in May on our stopover to Syracuse, NY, to do some shopping at the Destiny USA mall (a great place).

The room was clean, and comfortable. We liked the king size bed in the room and the complimentary breakfast in the morning. We liked the hotel's proximity to shopping and restaurants (loved the steak and drinks at the Texas Redhouse over in one of the shopping plaza).

We didn't find the hotel staff all that friendly except the room attendant.

All in all, nothing exciting here. A chain hotel among many in small town Watertown. Didin't find the folks of the twon that friendly either. Definitely won't be back to the hotel or town. We'll go straight to Syracuse for our next shopping spree!

Room Tip: You may also wish to check out other chain hotels in the area besides this one that are much more cl...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review of your stay with us. It disappoints me that we were unable to 'WOW' you during your stay with us. I hope that you will change your mind and return to stay with us again so that we can show you our award winning service. Thank you again for your time.
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

A very clean and well mintained property. The staff were very friendly and attentive. The rooms were clean and well equipped with a fridge and microwave oven. The beds were very comfortable and the pillows were great and not flat. There was a nice and comfy chair to sit in too. There was a pool and exercise room which we did not have the opportunity to use. The breakfast in the morning was fantastic with a variety of hot and cold itmes to choose from. Very close to the highway #81 and to the Salmon Run Mall and nearby restaurants. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Aimee C, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Thank you very much for reviewing your stay with us. Your comments only serve to help us improve our service.

I hope that the next time you stay with us, you will take advantage of our complimentary in town shuttle. We love offering this service to our guests for shopping or dinner or whatever they might require. Our drivers are friendly, knowledgeable and so pleased to have the personal interaction with our guests. Please consider it as an option for your in town needs.

MAUSTON
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

Newer, all maintained, friendly helpful staff. They do the extras. Free popcorn at night. 10% disconnect at Denny's. Good free hot breakfast everyday from 6AM to 10AM. All located just off highway 81. I will stay there again if I'm in the area.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Aimee C, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Please allow me a moment to thank you for reviewing your stay with us. It is our pleasure to welcome our guests with smiles and warm fresh baked cookies or hot freshly popped popcorn. I would like to mention that we offer many coupons and discount to various local restaurants. There is a quiet challenge among the front desk staff members to make the best matches between our guests hunger and our restaurant suggestion. We sincerely look forward to your next stay with us and hope you will put us to the test in recommending a dinner spot for you. Thank you again.

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!