“Great Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 16 hotels in Watertown
Richmond, United States
“Great Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

Really enjoyed my stay here. The hotel was clean and welcoming. The staff were all friendly and provided great suggestions for local places to eat. The breakfast was great with a wonderful selection of items. They had two hot items per day, waffles, and plenty of bagels and standard continental breakfast fare. The rooms were plenty clean and spacious. The desk could have been a little bigger, that is my only complaint. The refrigerator and microwave in the room were a nice feature. Bathrooms were very spacious, and the showers are great. My favorite is the all-day coffee service that the Hampton Inn has now. It was always hot and ready.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

260 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Fayetteville, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

When I arrived I was given a key and told about the breakfast hours. I was never acknowledged as a reward member. When I got to my room the key did not work. I received a new key and new room as the staff indicated the card machine was broken. The second room and key did not work. Then I was given a third room and key. The staff escorted me to make sure the key worked. When it didn't work the women gave me a master key. The manager then came to the room and asked for the master key. He then told me since my key did not work I had to go to the front desk to get into my room if I left and had to get back in. I told him that was unacceptable and I needed a room with a working key. He did return promptly to give me a key and room that worked. The wireless Internet did not work on my computer or phone. The Internet connection from the wall did work, but was slow. The TV worked but would go to the menu screen after 30min or so. It was annoying. Recommend the staff have a backup card machine. Do not tell a customer that they have to get let into their room each time they leave if a key does not work. Also they should have checked the rooms and keys before arrival to know what worked and what did not work. Internet could use some upgrading. I hope this helps. Other then that the hotel was nice and meets all expectations. Minor issues but would expect a better handling of them. Most Hampton Inns and Hiltons are great and handle problems well. This one hopefully was just a isolated incident.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Hogan_TA, Manager at Hampton Inn Watertown, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
We would sincerely like to apologize for not recognizing you as a loyal Hilton Honors member and the trouble you had during your stay. We strive to welcome and greet each honors member in a special way. As for the key issue, unfortunately our system was down. We can confidently say this was an isolate incident. Thank you for taking the time to provide us feedback about your experience, we take each review and learn how to better ourselves.
Orleans, Ontario
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

There is nothing wrong with this hotel outright, it is just an accumulation of lack of detail to small touches. On the plus side, the hotel is newer, clean and right off of I-81 at the Arsenal Street exit and close to shopping and restaurants.

On the downside, the gym has no weights, the pool is tiny with no whirlpool, breakfast fare is limited and the room configuration is not ideal if you want to do business ... microwave shields TV from the desk and the chairs are not business adjustable type.

Room Tip: 3rd of 4th floor, away from elevators
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
We appreciate your review of our location. Starting in January 2014 our lobby and fitness center will be going under renovation. This will include adding weights in our fitness center. We encourage you to come back and take advantage of the renovations!
Lakeside in Eastern Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

The Hampton Inn's, in general, are always our "go to" choice for hotel accommodations so when staying in Watertown it's no different.

This location is clean, the staff are friendly, the rooms are consistent and the beds are comfortable. The hotel is in a good location, close to restaurants and shopping. They have a pool and it's clean and well maintained. The hotel includes complimentary breakfast for registered guests. The eating area is large enough to accommodate a good number of people.

To date, we have not been disappointed with the Hampton Inn Watertown and would highly recommend it.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Hogan_TA, Manager at Hampton Inn Watertown, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Thank you for your loyalty to Hampton Inn’s. I am glad we are able to continuously provide your family with excellent customer service & accommodations in Watertown. We look forward to having you in the future.
Shavertown, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

Room was excellent. Very clean & comfortable. Good location. The room maid had left mints and a person hand written note which made me feel like my room was carefully prepared for me! Found a good Italian restaurant to have dinner. Will stay again when in the area.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

Nice and extremely quiet hotel with great beds for a wonderful night's sleep. The pool is wonderful and so close to very good restaurants that you'll be sure to enjoy your stay. I would highly recommend it for a nice hotel at a reasonable price in the Ottawa / Gatineau area.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

We usually stay at this hotel and the staff is always pleasant. We have never had to wait and usually get our room before check-in time. They can usually accommodate any special requests. The breakfast is great! Everything is always clean and the beds and pillows are comfortable. What more can you ask for!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for a great review. We strive to accommodate all guest requests and work hard exceed expectations. We appreciate you staying with us and look forward to a future stay!

Been to Hampton Inn Watertown? Share your experiences!