“Horrible Front Desk Service” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book now and save 15%
Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Watertown
Springfield, Virginia
“Horrible Front Desk Service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2011

Nice rooms; HOWEVER, they were not helpful and were extremely rude. They held back information, and refused to assist me to get a charge from their hotel corrected on my credit card. I wouldn't stay there again. A rip off.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
naomi_petrie, Manager at Hampton Inn Watertown, responded to this review, March 31, 2011
I am the Assistant General Manager here at the Hampton Inn of Watertown, NY. I am very sorry to hear about the experience you had at our hotel. There is never an excuse to provide a valued guest such as yourself, with anything less than excellent service that you deserve. I am very sorry that I was not able to correct or talk with you about the issues you had while you where here at the hotel. If there is anything I can do or if you could please contact me I would be more than happy to provide you with our Guarentee of 100% Satisfaction. Again I am very sorry for the expirence you had at our hotel.
Naomi P.
Assistant General Manager
Hampton Inn, Watertown, NY

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Utica, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2011

This was an excellent hotel. I travelled with my daughter, as she had a Dance Competition at the State Office Building. In previous years we've stayed at three other hotels in the area and this hotel was much better than those.

1) Service
We checked in around 5 PM and were welcomed by a very pleasant young lady at the front desk. Check-in was fast and simple. Over the phone the night before we'd requested a room away from the ice machine and elevator, and off of the ground floor. Our room met all of our requests. Check-out was simple. They had a receipt underneath your door in the morning and you were all set!! Back to the beginning, when we entered our room, my daughter checked it out. We found hair in the shower and a razor, loofa, and shampoo bottles on the ground in the tub. The beds were made, the room appearing to be clean, but by the looks of the bathroom, it wasn't. We called down to the front desk, and someone came up instantaneously. They apologized for their maid's mistake, and assigned us to a new room.

2) The Room
Once we were in the new room, we were pleased. It smelled much fresher, the bathroom was squeaky clean, and same with the rest of the room. Into detail: The shower had excellent pressure, and the countertops were granite, a wonderful hair dryer.... The bathroom was beautiful, not at all something I'd cringe at. The room itself had a great sized "mini" fridge and microwave, a flat screen tv, a gorgeous desk area, iron and ironing board, functioning alarm clock... All and all the room was very suitable for our needs. We didn't sleep very well because the person in the room next to us was obnoxious and had their TV blaring. The walls weren't too extremely thin, though. And the halls and the rest of the hotel was quaint, not at all loud and obnoxious.

3) Cleanliness
This meeting center was very clean and well maintained. It has to be pretty new. The beds were comfortable and the sheets crisp and fresh. There weren't any bugs of any sort. There should be no worries at this hotel. The pool was very clean, also.

4) Odds and Ends
The business center looked very nice. There was also a fitness center. The breakfast was free. It wasn't anything spectacular, but it's free and not a five star hotel or anything. I found the breakfast to be fine. Pastries, bagels, yougurt, oatmeal, belgium waffle maker, homestyle hash browns, omelettes... there was enough of a variety for my daughter and I. Out of all of the hotels in the area, even though this hotel was a little pricey compared to others, it's surely the best. It's very clean, the rooms up to date, in a fine location, and the service was excellent. We'll be returning most definitely when we return to Watertown next year.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Phoenixville, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2011

We had to get a room at late notice for one night. I booked on line and requested a room no higher than the second floor. When we arrived the room set aside for us was much higher in the motel. No problem. We were given a room on the first floor. They have a lovely room for working, hi-speed access for your computer and also a pool. They have the best breakfast bar! The beds were so comfortable and the place was super clean. The staff was great. It may be a llittle pricy, but trust me, it's worth it.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
Tolland, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2011

Hampton Inn is our hotel of choice for value, consistently clean and updated and quality breakfast. The Hampton Inn in Watertown NY is by far the best one we've ever experienced. They were over the top in all these areas:
Friendly and accommodating staff
Welcoming and comfortable environment for group gatherings
Well stocked breakfast choices
All day warm cookies and muffins as well as a salty snack and fruit
Rooms were clean, comfortable and small details were attended to. (there was even a special cup for more easily filling the iron)
And this is saying a lot since most Hampton Inns we've stayed at we'd rate highly for the class of hotel it's in.
I hope the management of this hotel is recognized by the chain for its excellence and quality of service.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2010

Stayed here on December 21 while traveling from Cleveland to Lake Placid. We arrived at 2:30 a.m. and was met by the night auditor who provider some of the best customer service I have ever received ANYWHERE. My husband had called ahead for me to make the reservation and had asked about directions getting to Lake Placid from Watertown. The gentleman checked us in quickly and efficiently while confirming my preferences for room type. He gave me a quick summary of hotel amenities and offered a late check out due to our 2:30 a.m. check in time. He then gave me detailed directions on how to get to Lake Placid. I was amazed that a late check out was offered with out being prompted, as well as the fact that he remembered that my husband had asked him to provide me with directions to Lake Placid. Already impressed with the service we headed to the room. The rooms were exceptional....large, immaculately clean, comfortable, great amenities, and QUIET! I am a light sleeper and we never heard a door close the entire night and part of the morning. I wish we had another reason to stay here. Exceptional hotel in every way.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Brighton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2010

Did not have Black Friday sales papers until midnight Thursday night.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends
TMan61, Owner at Hampton Inn Watertown, responded to this review, December 3, 2010
Thank you for awarding us 5 stars! That is terriffic! I hope you found some bargians in Watertown, the shopping selection is fantastic here, and the Black Friday deals were outstanding. I hope your paper and advertisements were delivered to you in time to make all the best sales.
Looking forward to your return visit.

Tony Mangano
Owner
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2010

I love the 1000 islands area and I had found it difficult to find hotels until we discovered this one. It’s a typical Hampton Inn – clean, nice linens, spacious rooms, etc.
I recommend this hotel – some others in that area are awful!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Hampton Inn Watertown? Share your experiences!