“Really enjoyed this hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Watertown-Thousand Islands

You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Watertown-Thousand Islands to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Watertown-Thousand Islands
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1290 Arsenal Street, Suite 1, Watertown, NY 13601   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #4 of 16 Hotels in Watertown
Port Hope, Canada
“Really enjoyed this hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

We were winding up our NYC trip and stopped in Watertown on the way home. I thought I would treat the wife to a jacuzzi suite and this hotel had a nice one. I booked a double queen jacuzzi suite.

The lobby is relatively small when you first walk in, but then the breakfast area opens up into a fairly large room. The two clerks at the front desk were very nice and getting booked in was a snap. Fresh chocolate chip and peanut butter cookies were available at the front desk, and one of the clerks gave me one. I guess I looked like I had been driving for a while and needed a pick me up! I was informed that hot soup would be served in the meal area starting at 5:00 pm. Although we had dinner plans, that was a really nice touch.

I was pretty tired, but I think I recall a choir of angels singing as I swung the door open to our room. It was spacious, new, well appointed and clean. Immediately to my left as I walked in was a medium sized washroom, filled with amenities and it was immaculate. Further into the room were two very clean and comfortable looking queen beds. I almost didn't bother checking them, but the wife would never allow that. I checked and they were immaculate. There was the usual desk and chair for the work area and the lamp had two conveniently located electrical plugs. Wi-fi was free and worked well for our laptop and two BlackBerry's.

Hanging in the closet were two fresh, white robes. These were handy because at the end of the room and to the right was a doorway that led to the jacuzzi room. There was a day bed with pillows, another flatscreen television and one of the deepest jacuzzi tubs I've ever seen. It wasn't very wide, but it was long and deep. The light above the jacuzzi had a slide switch that allowed it to be dimmed. The room was perfect for enjoying the jacuzzi while our young lads slept.

One quirk you may find is that when you turn the iron on, it doesn't seem to heat up. The wife thought it wasn't working. The light was on, but no heat. After I played with it for a minute or so I discovered it had some type of safety function. It won't heat up until you lay it horizontally. The red light will turn green and you're good to go.

The complimentary breakfast was great! The hot breakfast was cheese omelets, large round sausage and fried potatoes. There was also a few kinds of cold cereal, porridge, fresh fruit, yogurt and various breads. Juices, coffee and tea were also on hand.

I knew that there was a pool, but we never made down to see it. There is lots of free parking on site too.

The hotel is conveniently located near shopping, restaurants and highways. I wouldn't say it was a cheap place to stay, but you certainly get your money's worth. A very nice hotel that I will stay at again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Haifa, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

The hotel is a nice modern clean hotel with every thing we needed.
We took 2 connected rooms with 2 double beds.
The rooms were nice, and clean.
Breakfast was very nice though the "Cinabons" the hotel prides itself by are just regular "industrial" ones.
All in all we got our moneys worth and were happy.
The only problem is the hotel is over half an hour drive from the thausand islands main boating harbour.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

Our stay was wonderful. The room was spacious, clean and quiet. The location is excellent with close proximity to shopping and restaurants. First thought was that the room was a little over priced, however we got great value for our dollar. A nice breakfast was included as well as a few nice touches in the room. I would particularly like to acknowledge the housekeeping staff member who was honest. Her integrity is heart warming.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

There is little doubt in my mind that this is the hotel to stay in while in Watertown, NY. First of all it is in an excellent location with close proximity to restaurants (Texas Roadhouse is an absolute must - we signed up on their website for a free appetizer), Shopping, Highways and attractions. The hotel itself is incredibly clean with very friendly staff throughout that are eager to assist in any way they can, great pool, fitness and SAUNA (I dont see that too often),lots of parking, message board in front foyer that updates guests on truly local events and things to do, nice breakfast incuded in the room price which I might add was excellent value as well.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Seth B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Watertown-Thousand Islands, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Thank you for your kind remarks. It was wonderful to hear that you enjoyed the pool, sauna and local attractions while you were here. We are thrilled to hear that our team went above and beyond to make your stay a memorable one!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

Our stay was very good. My 8 year old daughter was excited about getting a cookie, ice cream and hot chocolate. She thought the pancake maker was cool. She enjoyed swimming in the pool. My husband and I enjoyed seeing through her eyes of the little things of excitement. The staff we met was very nice.

• Stayed September 2013
Auckland Region, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I stayed here with family on a trip to the 1000 Islands and the service was prompt and attentive, our rooms were spacious and clean, and the express check out was a cinch. Would definitely stay here or at any Holiday Inn Express again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that doesn't face the highway.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Seth B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Watertown-Thousand Islands, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Thank you for your kind words! We're glad you enjoyed the clean rooms and attentive service our staff provides. We look forward to your next stay!
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Sept 1 - 2 / 2013
We stayed at this hotel earlier this summer, and also had an exceptional stay, however this time as this hotel was already fully booked we ended up booking at a downtown Best Western.. Bad news (see their review). When we discovered our rooms at the Best Western were not ready (19:00 hrs) and they had no estimated time when they would be, we returned to the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites to get some advice and to possibly strategize.
We were met at the main desk by Seath and I believe Alex who listened to our predicament, and were truly concerned and interested in helping out any way possible. As this Inn was already full, they both contributed to our conversation as to where we could possibly get a room for the night. The easy response from them to us could have been "Sorry we're full". No these gentlemen were truly interested and concerned.
Not only providing helpful information about other local hotels, but also allowing us to user their phone to book rooms at the Pleasant Night Inn (20 minutes outside of town). All the while paying patrons were arriving and leaving, these two gentlemen paid equal attention to all of us. In return we decided to book our second nights stay in Watertown at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites. What an awesome place.
When entering the hotel to book, once again there was Seath and Alex there to greet us. Remembering us from the previous night, and inquiring as to how it all worked out.
Their knowledge of the city, their assistance, advice, and their profesionalism when we showed up at the door the following afternoon was unexpected but fully appreciated. Excellent service, friendly and courteous.
We had no issues with smokers when we were there. The room was clean (appearance, and odour). The lobby, breakfast area, and pool were clean and support staff were helpful and courteous.
Will be staying here again, for sure.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
It was truly a pleasure to hear our front desk team went above and beyond to help you out with finding other accommodations on that busy weekend. We're very glad to hear that our facilities meet your needs when you were able to come back and stay. We look forward to your future visits!

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Watertown-Thousand Islands? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Watertown-Thousand Islands

Address: 1290 Arsenal Street, Suite 1, Watertown, NY 13601
Location: United States > New York > Watertown
#1 Romantic Hotel in Watertown
#4 Family Hotel in Watertown
#4 Business Hotel in Watertown
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Watertown-Thousand Islands 2.5*
The Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Watertown, New York is where great experiences begin at the Gateway to the 1000 Islands . We are in the heart of the Watertown, NY shopping district and located near exit 45 just off of I-81. The areas finest attractions, including Boldt Castle, Sackets Harbor and the St. Lawrence River, many local businesses, & Fort Drum are just minutes away. Our plaza includes Ruby Tuesday s, Starbucks, Buffalo Wild Wings, Ponderosa, Chipotle, Five Guys, Moe's, Cold Stone Creamery, Planet Fitness, Dollar General and a liquor store.Stay Smart with free wireless & wired high speed Internet access, free local phone calls, High Def TV & a guest business center. Begin your day with our complimentary Express Start Breakfast that includes hot items daily including pancakes and as always our signature cinnamon rolls. If you re on the run, pre-order a breakfast to go bag. Our Smart Roast 100% Arabica coffee is available 24 hours in our Great Room. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, BookIt.com, Odigeo, Orbitz and Hotels.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Watertown-Thousand Islands reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Watertown-1000 Islands
Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Watertown-Thousand Islands
Holiday Inn Express Watertown
Holiday Inn Watertown
Watertown Holiday Inn

If you own or manage Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Watertown-Thousand Islands, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.