“Local gem” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Ottawa, Canada
“Local gem”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014 via mobile

Every year, we make a spring shopping trip to Watertown, and every year the high point is dinner at Pete's. We like the well-prepared veal parmesan and pasta, pleasant service and homey atmosphere. See you next year!

Visited April 2014

Kingston, Canada
“Traditional and Excellent Italian”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

A fantastic find of classic Italian meals with homemade touch and care. Large variety, fresh flavors, large portions explain why locals fill this restaurant. Anyone who enjoys good food and service will love Pete's if you can get a table. We just lucked in !

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“What a lovely restaurant. Great staff made it superb. ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2013

I work for a utility and there was an ice storm this month. Were there helping out the best we can, not far from home but still a long ride. It was a long day and we wanted a good meal. A friend of the foreman recommended this place.

At first I was upset. I drive up and down Arsenal every summer to go the the Adirondacks and have never seen this place! It's just out a view. Honestly, I thought it was a bar on my return trips south.

A very cozy and warm dining room. They were awesome about seating us, although it wasn't busy. And we're stinky dudes who worked all day in this nice place looking for a meal and they were very gracious.

Our server, I wish I could remember his name was excellent. (It was on 12/23 at 730 or so) He was very nice to thank us for our work and that means a lot to us. And was great throughout the meal. In fact, I had shook red pepper onto my pasta dish and the cap blew off, dumping the entire jar on my pasta. Our server recognized the problem immediately and took the plate away for a new one. No questions. That's great customer service.

I ordered the French onion soup- it was excellent. They have great croutons and a really deep broth. I've never had crunchy croutons in this soup! Kudos! Real onions!!!! I promise. No canned onions here, they had good bite. And everyone of my coworkers had delicious plates. I really wanna try that Caesar salad.

I ordered the homemade pasta with calamari. Great stuff. I wish it had more heat, hehe, but it was really well done. Calamari was not chewy at all.

It was a great experience, and if any employees see this, thank you for letting us be brutes in your establishment. We made phone calls and talked across tables and I know that's rude. We thank you for letting you have us and I promise I'll be back.

And if anyone reads this from Watertown, I think you are some of the most gracious and kind people on the planet. We appreciate you even more.

Syracuse, New York
“Great food&Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013 via mobile

Ate in the dining room, was very nice. Food was great. Service was as well. No good desserts. Like to see an improved dessert list. Something really homemade, peanut butter, pies, seasonal items. Not just original tiramisu and Cannolis

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Ontario
“Lovely dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

Had dinner here on a quiet Sunday night. Service was great and portions were huge. My bacon wrapped scallops and my wife's salad were extremely good starters. The chicken riggies and seafood linguine ( loaded with calamari, clams and shrimp ) were very good as well. I had room for a cannoli for dessert to finish and that was it. As others have commented before, the décor
leaves much to be desired here, a little ambiance would be nice. We just pass through here from time to time travelling or on shopping trips and haven't eaten in too many places and while our
meal was very good, if this place is #1 in Watertown they are in dire need of some outstanding
eating establishments. Prices were very good on food and wines and beer but wine selection
could have been a little more extensive.

• Visited November 2013