“Quiet side of Watertown” 4 of 5 stars

Relax Inn
and 1 more site!
You added Relax Inn to your Saves list
Relax Inn
19325 Outer Washington St., US Route 11, Watertown, NY 13601-5317 (Formerly New Parrot Motel)   |
Ranked #10 of 16 Hotels in Watertown
Amherst, Massachusetts
“Quiet side of Watertown”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

Set behind the hill and well away from the road, you can indeed relax at Relax Inn Motel without hearing the traffic. The staff are friendly and accommodating. The rooms are wonderful, spacious and clean. There is a nice park nearby with a golf course, zoo for kids, nice trails for walks. You find delicious food at the Red Lobster and at Olive Garden, fresh organic fruit, bagels, etc. at Price Choppers on Arsenal Street. We feel refreshed after our stay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Watertown, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

My family and I stayed at Relax Inn for a total of about a week. The staff was extremely nice and helpful. The room was always very clean and smelled nice. The price was the best in town. And I do mean the best in town. They are updating all the time. The wifi is great. I and my family was very, very comfortable and will stay here again and again when we are in town. If you come to Watertown, NY, you must stay here.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

As I enter the motel it looked pretty decent from outside and i wanted to check the room out first so i went go check the room and to me it was clean and beds were comfortable. i would recommend people to check that place out and the price was worthed for the room i rented for three days i stayed.

Room Tip: everywhere in that motel is good rooms
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Bad Axe, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2012

This place was just plain disgusting! First the owners were gone out of town and left some guy that was either drunk or on heavy meds. and what looked like a homeless man to run the front desk...I had to go behind the counter and show the guy how to use the credit card machine. Then he sends us to a room that had not been cleaned, had to go back and get a different room. Finally got a room, the beds were nice and TV was nice, but the room and hallway smelled like "dead old people" my son said.
We had 4 people to our room , and there was only 2 towels, I called the front desk and the guy told me I had to come get them......got to the front door, it was locked, rang phone, beat on the door and no one answered.......7 times we called and went down there! The shower was gross......if you touched the curtain or wall after you were washed, you felt as if you need to start over! DO NOT STAY AT THIS PLACE!!!!! HORRIBLE!

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2011

We stayed over the july long weekend and stayed in a non-smoking room on the second floor. The room was quiet and overlooked the backyard. The room was clean, modern, and the bed was brand spanking new and comfortable. The air conditioner unit was not noisy and the tv was perfect. For the price (around 65) it was way better value than staying for $150 at the chain hotels in town on the noisy main street.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Ottawa, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2011

Just for some background information....my wife and I have traveled to more then 30 different countries. We always stay in cheap places so we're not some upity couple that needs a spotless hotel.

Before paying here, we decided to look for another option but all hotels were booked up so we didn't have much choice. People at the front desk were nice. We got into the hallway and the place stank of urine. We hoped that was just the hallway but our bedroom smelled like that as well. I put the AC on high to help dry out the damp air and clear the smell but it didn't work. The fan seemed to make the smell even worse.

To make sleeping here more bearable...we got really drunk and passed out. The beds were actually clean...but that was about it. Rather then walking on the floor, we laid out towels to walk on instead because I did not want my feet touching that carpet! After spending the night here, I just wanted to wake up and have a shower. There was 4 bars of soap but no shampoo. We asked at the front desk but they didn't have any. Why 4 bars of soap and no shampoo?? Maybe 2 bars of soap and 1 shampoo???

Anyway, pay an extra $30 and stay at a reputable hotel. I've slept in some disgusting rooms around the world and this ranks high on the list!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Relax Inn? Share your experiences!