“Wonderful Property. Customer service amazing.” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
2X Points Package
Ranked #1 of 16 hotels in Watertown
“Wonderful Property. Customer service amazing.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

We booked a junior suite for the Family Story time pkg ( room, s'mores by the fireplace in the lobby and breakfast included).
Checkin was quick and efficient. Almost too efficient in that it didnt seem warm but that may have just been the personality of the young lady serving me.
The room was great; clean, sizeable, nicely decorated. Although beds are adjustable (soft -firm) there really isn't a huge difference in the mattress core is just a topper that adjusts and if you are a larger person you hit the firm core regardless.
Pool is small. But we weren't expecting an Olympic size and it was a tad chilly. Hot tub was nice and clean.
We're weren't able to have the s'mores by the fireplace as there was a wedding in the hotel that spilled into the lobby. It was so loud that conversations could t be had and many of the wedding guest were behaving as though they had enjoyed too much alcohol. I didn't want to sit in the midst of that with my child so were had chocolate and marshmallows in the room.
Breakfast was incredible! Just a warning- don't tell the chef you want everything on your omelette as it will come the size of a dinner plate and stuffed 3 inches high. It was big enough to feed a family! The crepes were delicious! Servers were attentive and very good.
Not being able to partake in the s'mores part of the pkg was mentioned at check out and they refunded the pkg amount and only charged for the room as well as giving me bonus honors points. If I'd only reserved the room then breakfast wouldn't have been included so we got a wonderful breakfast for 3 free At this point too. The manager on duty was extremely apologetic even though this was not their fault simply a circumstance that happens probably once in a blue moon if that.
We had a great stay, in a beautiful room and great service. I would recommend this hotel to anyone for any travel plans.

• Stayed June 2013

250 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

This hotel consistently provides great service and the rooms, lobby, etc are always immaculate. It does still have that "new hotel smell". A perfect spot to decompress when undertaking a cross-border shopping trip!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

DenAmy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

I travel to NY every couple months for work and I always stay at the Hilton in Watertown, NY. Very easy to get to off the highway and several places to eat near by. They also have a restaurant in hotel that has very good food, although odd the prices are not listed on the menu.

Room Tip: They will give you a coupon to use in the restaurant at the hotel, but if you eat alone like I do, y...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
North Dartmouth, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

Excellent food, clean accommodations, small pool and hot tub, 30 min from Alexandria bay. Highly recommend if you need a place in the area. Close to mall and many restaurant chains. This is a newer hotel. They serve warm cookies in the afternoon and each room has a fridge and microwave. Very convenient.

• Stayed May 2013
Holland Patent
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

The hotel is very nice. It is a little pricey for the area. The food is delicious. The staff are extremely nice. The location is newer. Everything is neat and clean and maintained. I would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

I always stay at Hilton properties when I can, and in Watertown I had a choice between Hampton Inn and Hilton Garden. As the Hilton Garden was a bit cheaper, I booked there. It's a newer hotel, and was quite busy when we stayed, but staff seemed distracted, and I didn't get the usual intimate Hilton feeling. My hhonors profile shows my preference for a room away from the elevator, but that was ignored, and we were given a room closest to the elevator, without any comment. The room wasn't as clean as we expect from Hilton - especially in a newer property - with stains on the floor in both the bathroom and entryway. The bed was clean and comfortable and we had a good night's sleep. In the morning we had great difficulty plugging in the coffeemaker, as the unit it was on partially covered the electrical outlet. I don't expect these annoyances at Hilton, so I can only rate this HGI average.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Jody P, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Watertown/Thousand Islands, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay with us via TripAdvisor. We appreciate your honest input and we hope you will return to stay with us the next time you are in the area so we may show you the quality service and accommodations you have come to expect from our family of hotels. I do apologize for your room assignment being too close to the elevator. I am not sure why your requests were not honored. It could have been that we were too filled with the extended stay guests through the last couple of months or it could have been a front desk error. If I had your Hilton Honors number or full name and date of stay I could investigate this further. Comments on your account could help me prevent this from happening again, should you wish to return someday. We are having trouble with our wood look tile floors in our guest rooms, every drop of water makes a mark and they have to be buffed every day to make them look right. We are in the process of trying to reseal this tile, (even though, as you mentioned it is brand new) to try to prevent this look of dropletts on the floor. I am glad your bed was clean and comfortable. Knowing what room you stayed in would help me with the outlet situation with your coffeemaker as well. The cabinet may be too close to the wall or in the wrong spot, or I may need to move the outlet itself. Please give me a call if you get a chance at the HGI Watertown and I can upload a few bonus Hilton Honors points as a thank you for your assistance.

Kindest Regards,
Jody Pettit, General Manager
forestville,ny
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

When the reservation was made we requested a room closest to the pool. On arrival we found that we were almost furthest. It seems kind of simple that with five days notice you could switch stuff around but maybe twenty other people ahead of us asked to be closest to the pool.

One of the room keys did not work upon arrival and had to be re-programmed. Went to the pool later that evening and the key did not open the pool door and then would not let us back into the room. Back to the lobby in a swimsuit to get the key re-programmed AGAIN.

Once we could get to the hot tub, we turned on the jets and got in hoping to relax. NOT. On the foam that formed looked like dryer lint complete with hairs. Grossed out at that point we headed back to the room, fortunately the door key worked this time. We did not report the skuzz to staff at that time because there is no way we'd get back in that thing no matter what they did.

We mentioned the situation on check out and when we got home management had left a message on our phone informing us they had added 1000 points to our Honors account.

As other guests have commented there is no free breakfast. For the price you pay for the room, other establishments DO provide them.

Room Tip: Ask for whichever room you'd like. You might luck out.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay with us via TripAdvisor. We appreciate your honest input and we hope you will return to stay with us the next time you are in the area so we may show you the quality service and accommodations you have come to expect from our family of hotels. We apologize for not being able to honor your request to be on the first floor near the pool. There are only 16 rooms on the first floor, two of them are adjoining handicapp accessible and were reserved, four of them are whirlpool jacuzzis suites and the rest of them were filled with Military extended stay who have been here for several months. These rooms go quickly as it is the best location for smokers who need to exit the building often. I wish to apologize for our whirlpool condition. The whirlpool is emptied and cleaned every Friday waiting for the weekend traffic. The weekdays are quiet with corporate guests and the weekends are crazy with couples, shoppers and kids. By the Sunday of your arrival, the whirlpool probably was heading down hill. Since your comments, I have instructed the maintenance staff to dump the Hot tub on Saturday nights or early Sunday mornings so that it will be back on line by Sunday morning at 7:00 am. Thank you for bringing that to my attention. As for the free breakfast, that is true of all Hilton Garden Inns. We are a focused service brand rather than an express brand of hotel. That means we have food and beverage directors, executive chefs, waiters, waitresses, dishwashers and banquet staff. We even offer room service. Nothing is pre-packaged and all items are made fresh daily. Most guests enjoy the full service staffing with real napkins, silverware and china. This is not true of most locations offering a free breakfast. Please contact me directly if you are coming back to the area and I'll provide you with a couple free breakfast vouchers as a thank you for your comments and review.

Kindest Regards,

Jody Pettit, General Manager

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Watertown/Thousand Islands? Share your experiences!