If CLEANLINESS isn't a big deal for you...this might be a great value for you. We don't fall into that category. We know it's a motor hotel, but or the price ($70ish) we expected WAY more... Like a paycheck for cleaning our rooms!
Pro: not horribly expensive (although we still didn't consider it a good value-- read "cons" below); "Carrie" from the front desk tried very hard to provide great customer service (she's the only reason this place didn't get a TERRIBLE rating from us); didn't feel unsafe; car was OK overnight; in spite of smoky-smelling lobby, our rooms on the 2nd floor (at the end) didn't smell of smoke. Also the hotel did not appear on the online bedbugregistry list of known-problem hotels. Beds were decently comfortable, but we didn't trust cleanliness of the comforters & the uncleanliness combined with loud road noise made for a less than restful night's sleep.
- When we pulled up to the hotel to check in, a very loud car alarm was going off in the adjacent parking lot (for hotel guest use). Not their fault, but when combined with other details, it created a horrible first impression.
- Lobby is next to "smoking wing" of the hotel, so upon entering we were assaulted with the smell of stale cigarettes. We worried that our rooms wouldn't SMELL like non-smoking rooms in spite of their designation (but they were fine in THAT respect). Some of the smoking wing guests smelled, as they walked through the lobby, like they'd been smoking something more "potent" than cigarettes...Again, not the hotel's fault, but poor first impression.
- Lobby, stairway to 2nd floor, hallway, and room were all less than "clean." Upon entering our 2 second floor rooms, we immediately inspected the 2 bathrooms for cleanliness (clean really matters to us). Toilet in one bathroom had 3 dark brown streaks from the underside of the lip into the water. Both bathtubs had hair and dirt in them. Carpets had visible hair on them, especially bad in hallway and the steps were filthy. We immediately called down to Carrie, the nice woman who checked us in and had informed us that we had the last 2 rooms and that the other hotels in town were sold out. When she heard about the bathrooms, she went herself to the housekeeping closet, got some cleaning supplies, and spent a good 20 minutes trying her best to clean out the toilets and bathtubs. Turns out, the dark brown streaks in the toilet didn't budge...not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing...? We appreciated her efforts very much, and she was apologetic while explaining that she's not with housekeeping but would do her best to make us happy. We felt bad asking her, especially at 10:30 on a Saturday night... But the rooms weren't free... She had a great attitude and her manager should thank her profusely for the bump up in our rating from TERRIBLE to only POOR.
- After Carrie's kind efforts, we still got out our antibacterial wet wipes to go over the toilet seat, faucet handles, door knobs, light switches, etc. Let's just say, we went through several wipes because things were filthy (especially the toilet seat, which we watched Carrie clean!)! We wouldn't walk barefoot anywhere in our rooms, nor put anything in the fridge. The place just didn't feel clean! If we'd arrived earlier and weren't so exhausted, we would've looked for other options. We took Carrie at her word that other places in town were sold out and sending RodeWay their overflow.
- During the night, we heard a lot of street noise (cars peeling out, sirens, etc.) So although we were exhausted after a cross-country flight, we still didn't rest well. The beds weren't bad for comfort, but we examined the sheets carefully (looked OK) and didn't use the comforter, given the other cleanliness issues we didn't want to chance it!.
- Overall, we were disappointed in the cleanliness, and did not think it was a "value" considering that so much cleaning had to be done after we got to our rooms. We'd booked the room before the most recent poor review had been posted. The July review wasn't too bad, so we took a chance on this place (and lost).
- "Cheap" does not NEED to equate to "unclean." Luckily we are much happier at the following night's stay in Nappanee, Ontario, Canada at the Fox Motor Inn.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are located in a prime area very close to all dining restaurants & shopping areas on Arsenal Street in Watertown, NY. I am very happy to inform you that we have entirely renovated our facility to ensure our customers and their family a wonderful stay at our hotel. I am also pleased to announce that to better serve our community; we have lowered our rates so that all soldiers can lodge at more affordable price! Rodeway Inn offers a very comfortable setting with complimentary breakfast along with Belgium Waffles starting at 6:00 AM every day. We offer free Wi-Fi internet in every rooms. A business center with 2 computers & printer along with free incoming or outgoing fax services is available in the lobby for our guests to use while staying with us. We have a 32" flat screen LCD TV plus an activity table with 2 chairs in our newly constructed rooms with 2 Queen Beds. All our guest room comes with amenities such as: Individual AC/Heating Units, Fridge, Microwave, Safe Deposit box for laptop computer & personal belongings, Alarm clocks with AM/FM Radio, Digital Cable with HBO, Coffee machines, Hair Dryer and Iron with Ironing Board. Wake up calls are also provided upon request. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Rodeway Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Travelodge Watertown
- Watertown Travelodge
- Watertown Travel Lodge
- Travel Lodge Watertown