“Basic, clean, and comfortable.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Rodeway Inn

Save Saved
You added Rodeway Inn to your Saves list
Rodeway Inn
1.5 of 5 Hotel   |   652 Arsenal Street, Watertown, NY 13601 (Formerly Travelodge Watertown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #13 of 16 hotels in Watertown
Kingston, Ontario, Canada
“Basic, clean, and comfortable.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

My wife and I found this to be a perfect place to stay while spending a weekend shopping in Watertown. It's not much to look at from the outside but don't be deceived. Upon entering we were suprized at how spacious and clean the Lobby and adjoining breakfast areas were. We were checked-in promptly and cheerfully by a very friendly staff member.
We had a standard sized room with a queen-sized bed, mid-sized fridge, microwave, coffee maker and good sized TV which made things a little tight for the two of us to move around at the same time, but this was not a problem for us as we only wanted a place to lay our heads at night.
The room was clean, and had a large window which opened all the way which was great for letting in the fresh air. (I turned on the large air conditioner once for about ten minutes after returning to the room from a few hours of shopping and it cooled the room quickly).
This place met our criteria perfectly for clean, safe(24 hr. desk clerk), and economical accommodations, and we will definitely return on our next visit to Watertown.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking some time in order to put some good review for us.
I am really happy that you liked your stay at our Rodeway Inn Hotel in Watertown, NY.
We really appreciate your comments because people like you help us in making our services better for future customers.

55 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Philadelphia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

I needed a place to crash on my travels and stayed at the Rodeway, It was clean and comfortable and I didn't have any issues. The owners (I think) went out of there way to make sure I was comfortable.

I would stay again oin my way through.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Stacie L, Front Office Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, May 18, 2013
We're very happy you enjoyed your stay with us. If there's anything that could have made your stay even better, just let us know!
Trenton, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel with my 14 month old daughter. I am always very weary about where we stay as I want to be in a safe area that is also affordable. The hotel has clearly been remodeled. Its not perfect, but its worth the money if your working class or a traveling family. The room was clean and the staff friendly. Did not stop down for the breakfast except to grab a bagel and some juice for the baby, but it was nice to have something to eat when we were on our way out. If your looking for something affordable and comfortable then this is the place for you!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013 via mobile

I don't understand what all the problems were for the past reviews, but whatever the case this place must have completely changed. I was put in a new 2 queen bed room which was very nice. The staff was great and I enjoyed the breakfast waffles as well. To all the past reviews if your wanting the Hilton then spend some more money and stay there. Im a poor working class man and this place was great for myself and my family. Thanks again for the stay!

• Stayed February 2013

Kingston, Ontario, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

Dirty, dirty, dirty! I wish I had seen the reviews BEFORE booking! It's dirty, it smells and its loud! Their free breakfast sucks! My choice of beverage was cranberry juice or coffee with no real cream. The stairs and hallways are so dirty, it's sick!
Shame on Hotwire for having this place on their site!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Stacie L, Front Office Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, May 11, 2013
I do greatly apologize for the experience you had at the Rodeway Inn. I'm the new manager here and I assure you I'm doing everything I can to bring the hotel back to the standard that you, not only expect, but deserve! I do thank you for your review, as it has certainly helped me to put together a well detailed plan to get us back on our feet. Thanks again!

Very Sincerely,
Stacie L
MGR
Manlius, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

I've stayed here several times. It's not the Ritz-Carlton for sure. However, Watertown, NY is an expensive place to stay. Why? I have no idea - maybe the demand from Ft. Drum and it's soldiers (and family's) pushes the price up. I can stay in a Hilton in Long Island or New Jersey for less than I can stay in a comparable place in Watertown.

The Roadway Inn is a budget hotel. Rooms are smaller and amenities are few. However, the rooms are clean and quiet. Granted, traffic on Arsenal St. is always present; however, this is a small city and it dies down after 10pm. Plus, there is a great restaurant (Pete's) right across the street.

Only complaint is the carpet on the main stairway - it's always dirty. Don't know why they can't run a vacuum cleaner over this part of the hotel. The floors in the rooms are always spotless...spend a few minutes on the common areas!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012 via mobile

After driving for 5 hours on our way upsate, my husband and I needed a place to just crash overnight. As we pulled into the parking lot we noticed a guy coming out of the bushes, then he just hung out in the lot. We sat in the car and decided to wait him out. He finally left and we proceeded to go inside. The second clue we knew it would be a problem is the "one hand" bandit would not honor the rate he quoted us on the phone. It was only a ten dollar difference, so we shrugged it off. But before registering, we asked to see the room -as we always do if the establishment looks shady. He agreed to let us see the room, and took us to a room around the corner from the desk. It was the smelliest room we had ever been in! My husband checked the bathroom and I checked the bed. Both were less than desireable in the clean department. We walked out the room and I inquired about the safety of the parking lot and he replied "Are you always this picky?". That comment cemented our feelings to walk. We told him we would go grab a bite to eat and will be back if we decided to stay. We got halfway through the lobby when he shouted from behind the desk "[--]!". It took a bit for me to restrain my husband from going back in there to confront him. So for lacking in safety, cleanliness and professionalism, I would recommend any and everyone to stay clear of this fleabag spot! We ended up getting a room down the street at the EconoLodge for $15 well spent dollars more! The staff was superb, room was clean and comfortable, and breakfast the next day more than made up for the price difference.

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Very Sincerely,
Stacie L
MGR

Been to Rodeway Inn? Share your experiences!