“Not bad for price” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Rodeway Inn

You added Rodeway Inn to your Saves list
Rodeway Inn
1.5 of 5 Hotel   |   652 Arsenal Street, Watertown, NY 13601 (Formerly Travelodge Watertown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #15 of 16 Hotels in Watertown
Manlius, New York
“Not bad for price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

I've stayed here several times. It's not the Ritz-Carlton for sure. However, Watertown, NY is an expensive place to stay. Why? I have no idea - maybe the demand from Ft. Drum and it's soldiers (and family's) pushes the price up. I can stay in a Hilton in Long Island or New Jersey for less than I can stay in a comparable place in Watertown.

The Roadway Inn is a budget hotel. Rooms are smaller and amenities are few. However, the rooms are clean and quiet. Granted, traffic on Arsenal St. is always present; however, this is a small city and it dies down after 10pm. Plus, there is a great restaurant (Pete's) right across the street.

Only complaint is the carpet on the main stairway - it's always dirty. Don't know why they can't run a vacuum cleaner over this part of the hotel. The floors in the rooms are always spotless...spend a few minutes on the common areas!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
hemant1340, Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Thank you for taking some time in order to put some good review for us.
I am really happy that you liked your stay at our Rodeway Inn Hotel in Watertown, NY.
We really appreciate your comments because people like you help us in making our services better for future customers.

Thank you again!
Hemant Panwala
Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012 via mobile

After driving for 5 hours on our way upsate, my husband and I needed a place to just crash overnight. As we pulled into the parking lot we noticed a guy coming out of the bushes, then he just hung out in the lot. We sat in the car and decided to wait him out. He finally left and we proceeded to go inside. The second clue we knew it would be a problem is the "one hand" bandit would not honor the rate he quoted us on the phone. It was only a ten dollar difference, so we shrugged it off. But before registering, we asked to see the room -as we always do if the establishment looks shady. He agreed to let us see the room, and took us to a room around the corner from the desk. It was the smelliest room we had ever been in! My husband checked the bathroom and I checked the bed. Both were less than desireable in the clean department. We walked out the room and I inquired about the safety of the parking lot and he replied "Are you always this picky?". That comment cemented our feelings to walk. We told him we would go grab a bite to eat and will be back if we decided to stay. We got halfway through the lobby when he shouted from behind the desk "[--]!". It took a bit for me to restrain my husband from going back in there to confront him. So for lacking in safety, cleanliness and professionalism, I would recommend any and everyone to stay clear of this fleabag spot! We ended up getting a room down the street at the EconoLodge for $15 well spent dollars more! The staff was superb, room was clean and comfortable, and breakfast the next day more than made up for the price difference.

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Stacie L, Front Office Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, May 11, 2013
I do greatly apologize for the experience you had at the Rodeway Inn. I'm the new manager here and I assure you I'm doing everything I can to bring the hotel back to the standard that you, not only expect, but deserve! I do thank you for your review, as it has certainly helped me to put together a well detailed plan to get us back on our feet. Thanks again!

Dansville, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

blood on mattress and people at desk said the management would not let them do any thing to compansate me. the door to hall was moving and banging all night long , every time some one walked by the floof moved and the door moved . the cleaners and front desk people were verry friendly , but it sounds like the onwer does not care . And the room did have a stale smell.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Syracuse, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

Honestly, this place is scary. It even had the flickering flourescent lights in the lobby. It's cheap, though, so what do you expect? They take pets, which is why we stayed - we were in an emergency, and had to stop, They were the only place open. The beds were pretty horrible - and there was some dried substance down the side of my wife's bed. Probably some kid puked down the side of it, and it wasn't cleaned. I don't want to speculate any more than that. I was almost afraid I'd find a dead hooker hidden under the mattress like in the good old Urban Legend.

Stay here at your own peril and risk. I've read other reviews that share my sentiment, and I can vouch that others are not lying. Sometimes, there's just bad, cheap hotels out there. This is one of them.

Room Tip: Tip? Lock and bar your door.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

texarkana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

i had a reservation at this hotel for 6 nights. i stayed one night and checked out early the following morning. They charged my credit card for two nights even though I checked out and let them know I would not be back. They had plenty of notice of the cancelation of my reservation for the following night. When the hotel was called to rectify this situation or even to receive a written explanation of the additional charge other than their hotel statement (which did not exlain the reason for the additional charge), the manager/clerk became very irate. He said that I did not let them know I was checking out even though I had paid them and gotten a receipt. I simply needed a written explanation so i could be reimbursed by my company. DON'T use this hotel unless you want to be charged double.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Ottawa, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

OMG!!!! horrible place... Dirty carpets, terrible smell. stained mattress. disgusting breakfast. Never never again. Someone living in a room with the door opened... Fesus all over toilet, Everything in Watertown was booked, so had no choice but to stay here, or sleep in the car, which would probably have been better.

Room Tip: Don't think a good room here is possible.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Queensbury, New York, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

With confirmation in hand, tried to check in to the Roadway Inn, Watertown,NY. I was told i did not have a reservation. I explained i am an employee of Choice and made the reservation on-line over 3 weeks ago. Again the guy said i did not have a reservation and that they do not honor employee discounts on weekends. Then he proceeded to ignore me and wait on another customer. I guess confirmations really don't matter at Roadway.
Great news after driving 5 hours and finding out nothing else in the area is available.
Also noticed the guy behind the counter (assume he was owner/manager) was playing stupid when two women ahead of me wanted to know what their exact bill would be.
Stay away from Roadway Inn in Watertown, NY...........The Comfort Inn is much better.

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

MGR

Been to Rodeway Inn? Share your experiences!