“Not staying here again.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Rodeway Inn

You added Rodeway Inn to your Saves list
Rodeway Inn
1.5 of 5 Hotel   |   652 Arsenal Street, Watertown, NY 13601 (Formerly Travelodge Watertown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #14 of 16 Hotels in Watertown
Gouverneur, New York
“Not staying here again.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

Straight to the point.

The staff was friendly, continental breakfast was good.

Our room smelled of pure Lysol and Bleach, but was still dirty. We found a dirty towel under the sink, there were bugs everywhere. I woke up one morning with a bug crawling between the comforter and sheets. The same type of bug was found in the towels and one in the sink.

One side of the hotel was smoking and the other was non-smoking, yet we could still smell the smoke on the non-smoking side.

I will not stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Stacie L, Front Office Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, May 11, 2013
I do greatly apologize for the experience you had at the Rodeway Inn. I'm the new manager here and I assure you I'm doing everything I can to bring the hotel back to the standard that you, not only expect, but deserve! I do thank you for your review, as it has certainly helped me to put together a well detailed plan to get us back on our feet. Thanks again!

MGR

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
New York City
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

I did not listen to the reviews and decided to stay here anyway for the cheap price and absolutely regret it. The service is the worst. The hotel manager/owner is very deceiving.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Cornwall, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

david the manager who has one hand did not offer me a bill when i checked out. I insisted and noticed he had changed the rate. he told me that i was wrong that the rate was correct. I showed him my confirmation of the rate and confirmation number. he told me that choice hotel reservation service had given him the rate and that if i disagreed i should go find a phone and call choice hotels. When i returned home i called choice hotels who told me that the rate had been changed at the rodeway hotel and that i should have paid my confirmed rate and apolgogized. David is a dishonest rip off artist.
other problems were that the door to the room did not lock.
the breakfast did not include bread for toast, cream for coffee, waffles, donuts and only a few muffins which were not enough and were not replenished.

the photos of the rooms on the website are dishonest too..the rooms are old and very very small.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Fort Drum, New York, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2012

Im in the army and barely see my family. I made a reservation for my fiancee to come up and visit. After she read the reviews we canceled the reservation well within their 24 hour advance notice. Told that it was cancled and would not be charged I found that they did charge me. I tried speaking to the manager about it and argued with me saying I never cancled within 24 hours notice. I've tried contacting many people to help me resolve the issue to get my money but they can not do anything since it's a "privately owned bussiness" After weeks of arguing with the manager he said he would refund half of the money to me in 24 hours. It's been a week and nothing. Now when I call to talk to him (if he's there) he yells at me and hangs up. When an employee takes down my name and number to have the manager call me, he never calls. This is unacceptable in soo many ways. I'm hoping to get my money back along with him fired. I've noticed this is a recurring issue with other customers and nothing is being done.

Room Tip: If you want a good and affordable room with a good and kind manager. Go to Microtel. It's good r...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Watertown, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

The only thing that kept us here is being between houses and the maids were nice. The people at the desk assume and charge after charge after charge. We added one additional night to our stay and they held up close to seven hundred dollars with fees and charges. I added one night and the owner assumed that we were staying a week! We just got our paycheck and half of it is tied up in hotel charges for one night! I'm going to see what I can have done. Dont stay here. The manager obviously don't know what he is doing! Towels are stained and air conditioner/heater doesn't work right not to mention the foul smell of drugs down the hall and then the drug bust the night after!!!!Not a good place for children or adults. I have two cats stayed with me and they didn't even like it!!!!!

Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2012

Awful experience...... the front rooms are literally feet from the Arsenal Street...loud..... I ask to change rooms.... the women was nice but the man with one hand was rude, disrespectful etc. I came down because the alarm clock did not work..... he was a complete idiot..... he made it like I was putting him out to get a new clock..... the place was empty ...... just go in another room and get me one....simple.....

No snow removal...... five inches of snow and the driveway was not plowed...... stairwells were filthy...... the "fire doors" that lead out side were not labelled and were propped open all night long...... NOT SAFE......

People I talked to said they house "low income people" at times..... slumy......said the place was up for sale for 2 million...... the place is worth about 50 cents.....

Breakfast was okay..... just okay..... DEFINITELY only stay here as your last resort.... Like every other hotel in Watertown as burned to the ground...... RUN.....

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo

Albany, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2012

I recently stayed here for the night on my way through Watertown and found it to be quite nice. My room was recently renovated with very comfortable beds and a flat screen TV. The decor was also very nice and the heat in the room worked great! It was also convenient to have a microwave and refrigerator in the room. I would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family

Been to Rodeway Inn? Share your experiences!