“Dated but nice” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Watertown Fort Drum

You added BEST WESTERN Watertown Fort Drum to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Watertown Fort Drum
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   300 Washington Street, Watertown, NY 13601 (Formerly BEST WESTERN Carriage House Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Stay 2X get $50 gift card
Ranked #7 of 16 Hotels in Watertown
Canada
“Dated but nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2014

The hotel is a bit dated but is still quite nice. Rooms are well decorated, and well equipped. The room has a small fridge, small microwave and coffee maker. The bathroom is one of the smallest I have ever seen in a hotel, but it served the purpose.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
jerimcgm, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Watertown Fort Drum, responded to this review, August 29, 2014
Thank you for sharing your recent experience at our hotel. I am glad that you thought our hotel was nice and well equipped. I apologize for the size of the bathroom. We are currently in the process of renovating our guest bathrooms and hope to have this project completed before winter. While we are unable to make the rooms larger we are trying to make them more functional for our guests. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit and hearing what you think of our new bathrooms. If I can be any assistance with a future booking please let me know.

jfedora@visions-hotels.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Florence, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2014

My friend and I stayed at the Best Western in Watertown at the beginning of August. The hotel is near historic downtown, a little bit off the highway but well worth the small drive. There are restaurants and local shops right within walking distance, as well as a nice restaurant and lounge on premises.

The hotel staff were wonderful and worked quickly to accommodate requests. Allison checked us in and she got us in quickly and was very friendly. The GM, Jeri ,was at the desk as well and took time to chat with us and made us feel very welcome. Our housekeeper Jenn made sure to inquire how we liked the room and if we needed any additional items. Every staff member i encountered were very friendly and happy to ask how I was doing.

The room was clean and the beds were very comfortable. The tv, dvd player, and movie library were a plus that I wish were available at the other hotels I've stayed in. Unfortunately I didn't get a chance to use the pool, but I did get a chance to stop by and have to stay I'm sorry I missed it. The breakfast was good and made for a good start to the day. Overall I was impressed and felt well cared for during my entire stay.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
jerimcgm, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Watertown Fort Drum, responded to this review, August 31, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share the wonderful experience you had during your recent stay with us. I am so glad that our staff took such great care of you and that you had the opportunity to enjoy some of the many amenities we offer our guests. I am sorry that you did not have time to enjoy the pool but we will keep it warm and ready for you and your next visit to Watertown.

casselman, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

Really enjoyed our stay at this Hotel. Was conveniently located and easy to access. This hotel offers a restaurant which was very convenient. Good food and service. Service is excellent. Offers unique free movies to guests. Older hotel but very clean and well decorated.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for sharing your recent experiences at our hotel. I am very happy that you found our service excellent and our hotel clean. I am also glad that you enjoyed our DVD library. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to the States.

elliot lake, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2014

great stay only problem with all b w hotels is credit card deposit amount varies from 25 to 100 dollars for one night stay getting this money put back to account is not in a timely manner b w hotels need to address this issue

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for taking the time to write a survey about your recent stay with us. I am glad that you had a great stay with us and apologize for any issues you may have had with your credit card and Best Westerns. Our hotel authorizes credit cards for the full amount of a guest’s stay only. If the guest pays cash or checks out early any additional authorization is then released back to the card. At this point it can take the issuing bank 3 to 5 business days to release this back to the credit card. We look forward to seeing you on a future visit to Watertown.

Stouffville
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

Not near enough staff at check in or even later in the day there was still a line up at the front desk with only 1 person on duty to cover it all. The rooms were nice and clean and some recent upgrades have brought this older hotel up to par. The breakfast area was huge and well presented with lots of choices and sitting availability. Make sure you have a good GPS because we drove past this hotel twice looking for it as it has poor signage and is off the main highway

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

jerimcgm, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Watertown Fort Drum, responded to this review, August 18, 2014
Thank you for sharing the experiences of your recent stay at our hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed our breakfast and found our rooms to be clean and updated. I apologize for the difficulties you had locating our hotel and that the staffing problems that we have been experiencing affected your overall experience at our property. We hope to see you on a future visit so that we will have the opportunity to provide you with the superior customer service that you deserve as one of our guests. If I can be of any assistance in the future please let me know.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

Good location, clean, internet is excellent, staff is friendly and helpful, breakfast is provided and price is affordable, especially if you can negotiate a special price for longer stays. The hotel was quite busy. The hotel also has a restaurant on site that serves excellent food.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for the great review of your recent stay with us. I am glad that you found our staff friendly, our facilities clean and that you enjoyed our breakfast and restaurant. We look forward on seeing you again soon and providing you with another great stay.

San Pedro, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

This is an older hotel that claims to have been "refurbished". The bathroom is small and constricted. The toilet is at an angle. There was missing tile behind the sink. The new wallpaper was already coming off. In another room they had papered over the phone jack. The beds, however, are very comfortable.

There is a free breakfast that is OK, but needs work. The eggs are very strange and tasteless. Bacon is undercooked but the sausage when they have it is good. There are waffle makers and the coffee is good. The room does not have enough tables so if there is a good crowd people have to eat on sofas trying to balance their food.

The place was built long before accessibility so getting a wheelchair in can be a chore. The one elevator is old and small. Serving three floors can mean long waits.The staff is the one bright spot. They are great.

Cannot recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the main street
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. I am glad that our staff took good care of you but truly apologize that your were disappointed in your stay and do not feel that you could recommend us to travelers. I apologize for any miscommunication where are renovations are concerned. While our guest rooms were renovated last year we have not completed our guest bathrooms yet. We do currently have 47 completed and I am sorry that you were not assigned to one of these rooms. I hope that if you make it back to Watertown you will stay with us again so that you can see the updates we have made and give us the opportunity to give you a superior guest experience. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

jfedora@visions-hotels.com

Been to BEST WESTERN Watertown Fort Drum? Share your experiences!