“Grandson born 1/14/14” 5 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Watertown Fort Drum

You added BEST WESTERN Watertown Fort Drum to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Watertown Fort Drum
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   300 Washington Street, Watertown, NY 13601 (Formerly BEST WESTERN Carriage House Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #6 of 16 Hotels in Watertown
Victor, New York
“Grandson born 1/14/14”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

After a harried drive 2 hours north, arriving at the hospital 2 minutes after the baby was born (at 6:57 pm), and being an emotional wreck by the time I registered online from the hospital at 9pm and arrived at Best Western about 10pm, I was greeted by my name as I entered the lobby. That was great! Gina was the evening desk clerk and was was sweet. She shared in my joy as she got my room keys. Kudos to Gina!! In the morning I enjoyed my 1st cup of coffee in my room, then went down to a very nice free breakfast. Everything was delicious! The little omelets, sausage, bagels, and everything was fresh. The following 3 breakfasts were all very good, and varied each day. Loved the Belgian waffle with strawberries and whipped cream was a real treat on my birthday!
Everyone was kind and helpful. Jeri, the manager, gave me a great rate for the hospital visit and 4 nights stay. I wouldn't have been able to afford the last night which my birthday was the next day. So, thanks to everyone who made my stay very comfortable and affordable!
The restaurant, Savory, attached was great! Dinners were delish and live music made it very nice. The father of the baby and his family stayed there too and enjoyed everything. We went for a nice swim, enjoyed the sauna, celebrated over dinner, and we all got a good nights sleep. The lounge with the fireplace by the bar/restaurant was very relaxing. The cook and his brother who run the restaurant do a fantastic job!
I look forward to my next stay there. Next time I won't forget my suit! (Many stores nearby if you forget something!) Until next time....Thank you!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
jerimcgm, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Watertown Fort Drum, responded to this review, February 6, 2014
Thank you for sharing all of the great experiences you had during your stay with us and congratulations again on our new grandson. I’m glad that Gina took such good care of you and that you were able to enjoy some of the many amenities we offer our guests. We look forward to having you as our guest on you next trip to visit the newest addition to your family. Please let me know if I ca be of assistance with any future reservations.

Jeri Fedora

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Napanee, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

My wife and I have stayed at this hotel many times. Always a pleasure. Breakfast used to be better but is still OK. The suana in the mens was working this time around. Reasonable rates, There was a managers meet and greet in the Bar and even tho I was in after it was over She was still there and I got a free drink

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. I am glad that you always enjoy your stay with us and had the opportunity to come down to our Tuesday night Manager's Reception. I apologize that we no longer offer a made to order breakfast but hope that you still find our breakfast satisfying. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Watertown, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

Getting ready to deploy to Afghanistan and I needed a place to stay. Allison was able to get me into the hotel and allowed me to pay the first night and then didn't lock up my debit card for the entire stay. She waited to charge me until my check out which kept my debit card funds available and allowed me to eat! They made me feel welcome and all the staff were extremely helpful and professional. I made the mistake of staying at the Candlewood Suites prior and I will never make that mistake again. If you are in the area, stay at Best Western.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
jerimcgm, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Watertown Fort Drum, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. I am glad that Allison took such great care of you during your stay. We hold our soldiers near and dear to our hearts and try to do all we can to assist them while they are away from home. On behalf of the entire staff we wish you a safe deployment and hope that you are back home soon.

Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

Decided to shop in Watertown on weekend. This hotel is in a central location with excellent service, large rooms and friendly staff. A buffet breakfast is included in the price and there is lots of free parking. The rooms are large with a large, flat screen TV.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for the "excellent" review of your recent stay with us. We pride ourselves on our staff and customer service so it is nice to hear that they took good care of you. I am also glad that you were able to enjoy some of the amenities that we offer including the 42" TVs. Be sure to take advantage of our complimentary DVD library on your next visit. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to the States.

Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

I thought I was going to dislike being downtown but it's nice and gives you a good excuse to check it out. There are some great little shops that we checked out before we went to the usual mall and box stores. There is a restaurant and bar on the main level of the hotel that is separate from the hotel but attached. We ended the day with a drink in the bar where we listened to some very nice live entertainment. Our drinks were complimentary due to a coupon given to us at check in so that was nice.
The breakfast room was terrible. It was in a very stark ugly room with no atmosphere. It just felt like they find a place to set up some tables and food and then send you there. Usually a hotel will have a dining area with nice tables and a tv to watch. We ate on 8ft tables that are more likely to be seen in a school cafeteria. THe hot breakfast was COLD and disgusting so that wasn't an option. My daughter made a waffle which was fine and I just had toast since I couldn't eat the eggs, sausage and home fries. Overall our one night stay was enjoyable but it ended on a negative note due to the less than satisfactory breakfast.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your recent review of our property. I am glad that you were pleasantly surprised with how much our downtown area has to offer. I apologize for the lack of atmosphere at breakfast. Our main dining room received some water damage recently and is in the process of being remodeled. During this time we are using one of our smaller meeting rooms. While this is not ideal it does allow us to continue to offer our guests a complimentary buffet. We are working hard to complete the necessary renovations as quickly as possible so that we can better accommodate our guests at breakfast. We look forward to having you as our guest on a future visit and hope you will share your thoughts on our renovated breakfast room.

Fort Worth, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

I was extremely pleased with the way the hotel staff made us feel right at home. We had 2 connecting suites and our family of 8 and 3 small dogs were comfortable. We also experienced a problem with the heat however when we brought it to the attention of the staff they did everything to make it better. Two employees Kayla & Allison made our stay extra special by going above and beyond to make us feel special. We will defiantly stay here again.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our property. I am glad that our staff made you feel at home and took good care of you during your stay with us. I know that this was a very special time for you and am happy that we were able to help keep things running smoothly. We look forward to having you as our guests again soon.

Williamson, NY, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

When we arrived, the heater in our room wasn't working. The young lady at the reception desk was quick to determine the problem and moved us to a room across the hall. She was very friendly and helpful. The room was very nice and comfortable. There were many choices for breakfast and was well laid out. The food was excellent and was included in the price. The location is convenient for accessing the surrounding area. It was a good value for the cost.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. I am glad that you found your room comfortable and enjoyed our complimentary breakfast buffet. I am sorry that you had a problem with your heater but am glad to hear that our staff was quick to react and took good care of you during your stay. We hope to see you on a future visit to our area.

Jeri Fedora

Been to BEST WESTERN Watertown Fort Drum? Share your experiences!