“Good place, great staff...a good deal” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Watertown Fort Drum

You added BEST WESTERN Watertown Fort Drum to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Watertown Fort Drum
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   300 Washington Street, Watertown, NY 13601 (Formerly BEST WESTERN Carriage House Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #6 of 16 Hotels in Watertown
Trois Rivieres, Guadeloupe
“Good place, great staff...a good deal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

I stayed one night. Last minute booking because of the bad weather last night on the highway Overall it was decently cleaned and comfortable. Free parking and free in room internet. The bar-restaurant was a bonus! I would stay here again overnight just for the free breakfast that was pretty good and saved us some $$$. The staff are great. Thx Jennifer for your good services!!!

Room Tip: suite 201...very good
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
jerimcgm, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Watertown Fort Drum, responded to this review, November 29, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed the breakfast and that Jennifer took good care of you while you were with us. We hope to see you again on a future visit. If I can be of further assistance please let me know.

Jeri Fedora

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

Spent 2 nights here and was more than satisfied with our choice. The staff was pleasant and helpful all weekend. Our room met with the 3 C's..... clean, comfortable and cwiet. Our room
came with a king size bed and large flat screen TV. The buffet breakfast while not extravagant
was all we needed to start our day off nicely. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
jerimcgm, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Watertown Fort Drum, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Thank you for letting us know how your recent stay with us was. I am glad that our staff took good care of you while you were with us and that your room met with the 3 C's. If you have any suggestions of items you would like to see possibly added to our breakfast buffet please let me know. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Watertown.

Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

No problems at all, all was well. Well worth the money. Staff excellent and a nice buffet breakfast. Adequate parking. Nice indoor pool and sauna Hotel is a little dated but that added to its charm. Centrally located to shopping and lots of restaurants

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for your recent review of our property. I enjoy hearing positive comments about our staff. I am glad that you had the opportunity to enjoy some of the many amenities that we offer our guests. Please let me know if I can be of assistance with any future reservations.

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

We booked our hotel through Hotwire.com. I was a little apprehensive when we paid for the hotel ($60!!) because it was a Best Western, and I didnt hear a lot of great things about it. Well, our stay was great! The staff there are very nice, and the room was perfect. We stayed in double bed guest bedroom. There was a free breakfast offer, but we decided to sleep in instead. The bed was very comfortable and exceptionally clean. The hotel itself is older, but beautiful. The only things i can think of that wasnt a 10/10 was the thin walls. It didnt bother us at all, but we could hear others talking at times. We really enjoyed our stay, and even left a bottle of wine for them!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experiences at our property. I am glad that you found the bed comfortable and the room exceptionally clean. Thank you for not letting some of the negative reviews or the great deal you received from Hotwire deter you from staying with us. We hope to see on your next visit to the States.

Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

Spent two nights here on a shopping holiday. Staff were exceptionally pleasant and location is good (quiet neighborhood).Quality of rooms has deteriorated since my last visit nearly 18 months ago but still a good choice. Beds are very comfortable, rooms were clean, bathrooms in the two rooms I saw were in serious need of a makeover. Room had a small fridge, microwave, and coffee maker along with a desk and extra seating. Hard to beat the value!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
jerimcgm, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Watertown Fort Drum, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. I am glad that you found our staff exceptional. We pride ourselves on our customer service and the extra steps we take to care for our guests. I am happy to say that our guest bathrooms are scheduled for renovation this winter. We have already started working with a design team to make the necessary updates and plan to have this project completed by the spring. I look forward to hearing your feedback once they have been completed. Please let me know if I can be of assistance with any future reservations. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

My daughter in law and I spend a weekend in Watertown every October, shopping for Christmas. We have previously stayed in the Holiday Inn Express and the Ramada Inn. This year my son bid on a hotel online and we ended up with the Best Western in Fort Drum, Watertown for the great price of $61 per night for two nights. Although it isn't the NEW hotel that the Holiday Inn Express is or the centrally located hotel that the Ramada Inn is, we found it to be surprisingly comparable to the Ramada Inn and only minutes away from all the shopping including the Salmon Run Mall. The rooms were clean with new carpeting. Although the entire hotel is old we found it to be perfect for our needs. Breakfast was tasty enough with plenty of seating too. The front desk staff were so helpful and pleasant. Although were were a bit apprehensive about the place ( especially after reading the reviews) we were pleasantly surprised and will no doubt stay here on our next shopping excursion.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the 3rd floor facing the parking lot in the back. We stayed in 342 and found it...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for sharing your recent experience at our hotel. I am glad that you decided to give us a chance even with some of the negative reviews we have received recently. We will be continuing to make updates to our property to include the guest bathrooms, exterior, and more. Although we are the oldest hotel in the city we feel we are still the best choice. Easy access to shopping, good price which allows to for more shopping, and the best customer service. We look forward to seeing you and your daughter on your next shopping excursion. Don’t forget about all of the great after Christmas sales. Please let know if I can be of assistance with any future reservations.

General Manager.
Castorland, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

Hotel is alright nothing special ok for a night. The pricing I think is off a little high. I see that a lot when hotels are near military bases. Yes they offer a military discount but even with the discount was high. even when its not a busy season. They should revamp pricing. Breakfast is nice in the morning and the lounge is good. Rooms are ok. Common areas by the rooms could be a little neater floors carpet stains and such.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. I am glad that you enjoyed our breakfast and lounge but apologize that you found our hotel pricey. Our hotel is priced on the lower end in comparison to the other hotels in our area such as the Hampton and Holiday Inns. We also try to keep our government discounts below per diem rates during the off season. We do offer several promotional rates throughout the year including Manager’s Specials, Room Saver Coupons and several internet only discounts. I would be happy to assist you in finding a rate that is more to your liking on a future visit to our area. Please let me know I can be of assistance.

Jeri McInnis

Been to BEST WESTERN Watertown Fort Drum? Share your experiences!