“4 night stay on vacation” 5 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Watertown Fort Drum

You added BEST WESTERN Watertown Fort Drum to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Watertown Fort Drum
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   300 Washington Street, Watertown, NY 13601 (Formerly BEST WESTERN Carriage House Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #6 of 16 Hotels in Watertown
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“4 night stay on vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

I was very satisfied with the overall hotel experience. The free breakfast put most others to shame considering the selection. Staff was very helpful and friendly. This is the 5th year in a row that I have stayed here for 3-4 nights at a time.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

jerimcgm, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Watertown Fort Drum, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Thank you for the great review of your recent stay with us. I am glad that you found our breakfast superior to other hotels that you have stayed at and that our staff was helpful. We look forward to having you with us again next year. If I can be of any assistance with a future booking please let me know.

Jeri McInnis

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Lewiston, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

I found the location to be very convenient to in-town activities (fall festival) and it wasn't very far from malls and other conveniences. Restaurants and shops were walking distance. Staff at the hotel was pleasant and professional. The high speed internet log on was very convenient; no passwords or fees.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. I am glad that you were able to enjoy our Black River Fall Festival and that our staff took good care of you while you were with us. We have several events in the area throughout the year as well as our Farmer's Market that is open every Wednesday right across the street from the hotel from May to October. We hope to see you soon for another visit.

Tarzana, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

This hotel is old and needs to be updated. The bathroom was a disaster, very old and much in need of updating. The housekeeping is poor at best. Just not use to Best Westerns that are in this condition.I would not stay at his hotel again. . They could do a much better job of breakfast. Selections were poor and the quality of the food was not good.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. We strive to make every guest experience a positive one and I apologize that we let you down. We began remodeling our guest rooms this past spring starting in the bedroom area and are slated to finish the bathrooms this winter. While we are unable to change the size of our bathrooms we will be doing what we can to make them more functional for our guests. I would welcome any suggestions you have for selections that you would like to see offered on our breakfast. We do try to alternate and add items that guests request when possible. I hope you will give us the opportunity on a future visit to show you how good a stay at our property can be.

Montreal, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

We were a family of 3, all adults, who stayed Aug 31-Sept 1 (booked via booking.com). First off they need to do something about how the GPS directs you if possible. We got lost as we were directed to another 300 Washington Street in a small town perhaps about 15 mins away. When we finally arrived, we had to wait nearly 1/2 hr past check-in time to get a room. Other guests were waiting also and were visibly upset. When a manager finally came to the front desk, she offered an explanation for the delay (staffing issues) and a discount on the room rate. To add insult to injury, we got booked into a very dirty room!! There were smelly pillows and what looked like a small blood or rust stain on the sheet of one bed. The other bed had a comforter with a huge "blood" stain and a sheet with lipstick smears. We called the front desk to have the sheets changed however no one came after 20-30 minutes thus we called back. We were told housekeeping was on their way. We waited another 10 mins however no one came so we went down to the front desk to complain, only to be told that we were placed in that room by error!! We had pictures of the nastiness which we showed the front desk clerks. They were appalled and we did receive an apology. The room (#309) apparently was never cleaned however it appeared in their system as cleaned. It's strange because the beds were made up perfectly and there was even a written note left by the housekeeper stating that the room was cleaned for us!! Even the towels seemed freshly replenished. It's gross to think about because we unknowingly laid on these unhygienic beds before discovering the disgusting stains. Unfortunately, we had to ask for a discount and a change of room - it wasn't readily offered. Should the room have been comped?? It's a pity we didn't have a manager to speak to at this point. In spite of the gross error with the 1st room, the new room we got was very clean - you could smell the difference! We checked the sheets and they were fresh and clean. In general we liked the amenities available (e.g. in-room microwave and fridge, large flat-screen, free breakfast). The breakfast was pretty decent and they refilled constantly. Affordable place to stay for a weekend shopping trip. I would return despite the bad start provided no more mishaps.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. Please accept my sincerest apologize for the horrible start to your stay with is. I am glad that our staff was able to get you into a room that was clean and that you were able to enjoy the rest of your stay and all of the amenities that we offer. I am also happy to hear that you would return for a future visit. Since I was unable to compensate you for the problems that you encountered during your stay I would be like the opportunity to make amends during a future visit. Please let me know when you would like to visit us again.

Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

Check in was slow because they had one night attendant, we had to wait for awhile before he could serve us, as he was on the phone. Once we had his attention, he was very quick to check us in and give us a room. He even apologized that it was in the lower level.

Parking required that we drive around the property on major streets, so, we had to wait for a traffic light. The parking spots were tight, and we were given nasty looks by the patrons of the bar, for parking too close to the bar.

We were able to find our room quickly and it was updated with LCD screen, fridge and new mattresses. The kids wanted to see the pool and we noticed that everything you would look at was updated but everything that you wouldn't normally see was old. An example of this was that they had a door open in a maintenance room and they had a large fan drying the floor.

The swimming pool looked so much better in pictures. It was warm in there but looked like it was last updated in the 1930s. We opted not to swim there.

The breakfast was busy and average; however, my biggest criticism was the fruit flies that were circling around it.

Sleep was good, room was good and location was good.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
jerimcgm, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Watertown Fort Drum, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Thank you for taking time to write a review about your recent stay at our property. I am glad that you slept well and found our location accommodating to your needs. I do apologize that your stay with us did not exceed your expectations. We are an older property but have been making updates to our public areas and guest rooms over the past couple of years. We are still working on our guest bathrooms and the outside of the building but all of our public spaces including the pool area were updated in 2010. Our pool is actually quite nice and kept at a comfortable temperature of 85 degrees. I am sorry that your children did not get the opportunity to enjoy it. I hope that you will stay with us again on a future visit and give us the opportunity to turn your average stay into an incredible stay.

Napanee, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Excellent hotel . Good value. Staff was excellent. Good facilities . Really enjoyed the restaurant. Would recommend this hotel for any type of stay. We stayed 8 days with no issues. Staff went out of their way to address any problems we had

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for your recent review of our property. I am so glad to hear that your stay with us was "Excellent" and that our staff took great care of you while you were with us. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Watertown.

General Manager.
Georgian Bay
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

My friend and I and our 2 daughters stayed at the Best Western, Watertown hotel. We were very impressed by the hospitality and outstanding service we received from especially Shalika at the front desk. We also received friendly helpful service from Geri also a the front desk when we decided to stay an extra night at the Best Western, Watertown and also from Gina who shared her positive experiences with us about white water rafting with the Adirondack River Outfitters (ARO) which I would greatly recommend for any to do especially with Larry our guide. The cleaning woman ( I don't know her name however she is Asian in her late 20's or early 30"s) gave us clean towels and linen,emptied our garbage and offered to clean the bathroom since we decided to stay a 2nd night. We asked her advice about restaurants and she recommended the Texas Roadhouse. We had an excellent steak meal and would definetely return. The bed/pillows were comfortable and clean and I cannot comment about this because I find beds/pillows very individual- I prefer a firmer mattress whereas some other reviews commented the mattress at this hotel was too hard for their liking. The only complaint I would have is there is no fan in the bathroom which I find is a must in any hotel room. The buffet breakfast was good however the only comment I would have about that is it would be a lot more efficient and less congested if the buffet was in the centre of the room instead of against the wall where it is presently located. The guitar player at the bar was very good (Friday night Aug 30th) and our young adult daughters enjoyed his singing. There were some reviews about parking which we did not have any problems finding parking and in fact we came back from shopping after the mall closed and the parking lot was well lit therefore there was no security problems.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for the wonderful review about your recent stay at our property. I am so pleased that our staff went "over and above" in making your stay with us a pleasant experience. I apologize for the congestion of the buffet area. Saturdays and Sundays are very busy in our breakfast room as people enjoy sleeping in on the weekends and then all come down at once. I am glad that his did not take away from all of the positive aspects of our hotel. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Watertown.

Jeri McInnis

Been to BEST WESTERN Watertown Fort Drum? Share your experiences!