“Hotel stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Watertown Fort Drum

You added BEST WESTERN Watertown Fort Drum to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Watertown Fort Drum
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   300 Washington Street, Watertown, NY 13601 (Formerly BEST WESTERN Carriage House Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #6 of 16 Hotels in Watertown
Napanee, Canada
“Hotel stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Excellent hotel . Good value. Staff was excellent. Good facilities . Really enjoyed the restaurant. Would recommend this hotel for any type of stay. We stayed 8 days with no issues. Staff went out of their way to address any problems we had

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

jerimcgm, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Watertown Fort Drum, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of our property. I am so glad to hear that your stay with us was "Excellent" and that our staff took great care of you while you were with us. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Watertown.

General Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Georgian Bay
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

My friend and I and our 2 daughters stayed at the Best Western, Watertown hotel. We were very impressed by the hospitality and outstanding service we received from especially Shalika at the front desk. We also received friendly helpful service from Geri also a the front desk when we decided to stay an extra night at the Best Western, Watertown and also from Gina who shared her positive experiences with us about white water rafting with the Adirondack River Outfitters (ARO) which I would greatly recommend for any to do especially with Larry our guide. The cleaning woman ( I don't know her name however she is Asian in her late 20's or early 30"s) gave us clean towels and linen,emptied our garbage and offered to clean the bathroom since we decided to stay a 2nd night. We asked her advice about restaurants and she recommended the Texas Roadhouse. We had an excellent steak meal and would definetely return. The bed/pillows were comfortable and clean and I cannot comment about this because I find beds/pillows very individual- I prefer a firmer mattress whereas some other reviews commented the mattress at this hotel was too hard for their liking. The only complaint I would have is there is no fan in the bathroom which I find is a must in any hotel room. The buffet breakfast was good however the only comment I would have about that is it would be a lot more efficient and less congested if the buffet was in the centre of the room instead of against the wall where it is presently located. The guitar player at the bar was very good (Friday night Aug 30th) and our young adult daughters enjoyed his singing. There were some reviews about parking which we did not have any problems finding parking and in fact we came back from shopping after the mall closed and the parking lot was well lit therefore there was no security problems.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
jerimcgm, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Watertown Fort Drum, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Thank you for the wonderful review about your recent stay at our property. I am so pleased that our staff went "over and above" in making your stay with us a pleasant experience. I apologize for the congestion of the buffet area. Saturdays and Sundays are very busy in our breakfast room as people enjoy sleeping in on the weekends and then all come down at once. I am glad that his did not take away from all of the positive aspects of our hotel. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Watertown.

Scotia, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Nice rooms complete with microwave, larger refridgerator, and large flat screen TV. Best complimentary breakfast that I have had in any hotel. Only negitive is our floor was only about 6 steps above the lobby and there was no elevator on that floor. So you had to bring your lugage up the stairs. It also prevented you from using a cart.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
jerimcgm, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Watertown Fort Drum, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Thank you for the "excellent" review of our property. It is nice to know that you found our complimentary breakfast to be the best you've had. I do apologize for the strange set up of our first floor and it having stairs. We would be happy to make sure that your room is located on an upper floor with easy elevator access for any future stays with us. We look forward to having you as our guests on a future visit to Watertown.

Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

It is true that the hotel is not new but our room was larger than we had in the newer hotels during our 2-week visit to the U.S.; it was clean and quiet, and we loved the fact that it was well away from the highway and its adjoining shopping centers. Two years ago, we stayed near the highway and the waterparks; we paid $250 for a room for one night and it was dirty, old, smelly, and not worth $10/night. Chris Hess was very helpful, courteous, funny, and kind. Thanks for the good memories.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for the wonderful review about your recent stay with us. I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and it was our pleasure to give you good memories. I have shared your review with our staff so that they know how much you enjoyed your stay with us and how much what they do matters to our guests. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to the States. If I can be of any assistance in the future please let me know.

General manager
Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

the hotel was easy to find front desk service was friendly and helpful when we asked questions.We had a pet friendly room with our 2 cats it was very comfortable and clean .they offered a buffet breakfast that was more than I expected including hot Belgian waffles. Pool was clean and warm would stay at this hotel again .
Chris on the front desk was so helpful and friendly keep up the good work

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for writing such a nice review of our property. I am pleased that we were able to accommodate your cats and that you found our hotel to be clean and comfortable. I am very glad that Chris took good care of you while you were with us and have shared your comments with him. We look forward to seeing you and your cats on your next visit.

Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Visited Alexandria Bay in upstate New York to take the Thousand Islands boat cruise, decided to stay in Watertown 2 nites to take advantage of the shopping. The hotel itself is 3 -star at the most. Nothing rates more than 3 stars in the whole town. Watertown itself is not much of a tourist destination, unless you're into white water rafting on the Black River, which I'm not. The room we had was small but clean. The staff were certainly friendly and helpful. Breakfast came included - be sure to have the do-it-yourself blueberry waffles if they're available. Swam the indoor pool in 9 strokes. There's Gander Mountain, Dick's Sporting Goods, Walmart, Old Navy, Victoria Secret, Hollister, but no Cheesecake Factory.

Room Tip: Best Western is located in Downtown Watertown whereas the main shopping strip is 10 minutes away. Th...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your recent review of our property. I am glad that you found our staff friendly and that you enjoyed the blueberry waffles. I apologize that our city doesn't have more to draw you interest. I too would love to have a Cheesecake Factory in Watertown. There are several places of interest within a 10 minute drive from the City such as Sacketts Harbor which is a battle site of the War of 1812 and The Burrville Cider Mill which was built in the 1800's and has the best hot cider donuts. Our staff would be happy to direct you to these or other area attractions on your next shopping trip to Watertown.

Ottawa, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We booked rooms for 2 nights in this BW hotel for the August (Sept 1, 2) long weekend in Watertown. When we arrived at our hotel room (19:00 hrs) we were informed our room was not ready yet (check-in was after 15:00hrs). When I asked when we should return for our rooms, I was told "I don't know". There were about 20 people in the lobby waiting for their rooms, and one other couple in the same predicament as us (made booking, but no rooms available). As our frustrations grew when we were told, the laundry dryer was broken, and that "some of the cleaning staff did not show up for work, this usually happens on weekends". Unfortunately it was not until the 3 airline employees showed up, and immediately were registered and sent to their room while we were informed our rooms were still not ready, that our frustration boiled over and we left the premises. I found the front desk personnel very cold and unconcerned over our predicament, and the other patrons waiting in the lobby. We didn't bother to stick around to see if any other couples were refused rooms. I booked the rooms through Booking.com, and after procuring additional lodging for the night, I was pleased to hear I would not have to pay the refund amount on the room.
I cannot comment on any part of this BW other than the Parking Lot and the Main lobby. What's to comment. Staff were unsympathetic, management no where to be found.
This does not appear to be the first time, please read on. Stay away, you don't need the stress.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
jerimcgm, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Watertown Fort Drum, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Thank you for bringing your experience at our property to my attention. I apologize that you were not checked in to our hotel in a timely manner and that our staff seemed unsympathetic. We were experiencing some laundry issues which put us behind. This issue has been resolved. This in no way excuses the way you were treated or the fact that you felt you had to find accommodations elsewhere. Please be assured that both I and another manager were on property trying to help move the process along by assisting in laundry, making beds, and anything else we could do. We are working with our staff on how to better handle problems when they arise and above all else to make sure our guests are taken care of. I hope you will give us the opportunity to improve on your experience during a future stay. Please let me know if I can be of further assistance in this matter or with future reservations.

Jeri McInnis

Been to BEST WESTERN Watertown Fort Drum? Share your experiences!