“Very nice Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Glacis
Granada, Spain
“Very nice Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

it's avery beautiful hotel, with great viewsto the sea and clean service, polite stuff and everybody smiling, good drinks but foods not so good, rooms are so comfortable, and the sea is lovely, we didnt see lot of animation, but we rate 5 stars to this hotel because it really gives you complete relax and happiness, real holiday, hope to go there again

Room Tip: rooms view the sea are almost perfect
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Sharifa P, Front Office Manager at Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
Dea Ramos M,

Thank you for your wonderful review of the Resort. We are all so delighted that you enjoyed such a spectacular stay. We know we are lucky to be able to welcome guests to such a beautiful location, but it is a delight to be able to give such wonderful and memorable service to you.

We hope to be able to welcome you back to the Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort and Spa in the future.
Front Desk Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
  • Turkish first
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014

Positives: Warmth and genuine friendliness of the hotel staff -- I give it a 10. All staff are smiling, in the true spirit of the island nation. Remarkable.

Breakfast -- another 10. Can't think of a thing I would improve. Excellent service, excellent meal, and again, wonderful attitude from the staff.

Negatives: Internet -- I was told upon check-in how to sign onto the wifi network, to include inputting a password that was provided to me. After 20 minutes of frustration, I called the front desk and was told by another employee that I should be signing in using a different method. A waste of my time. Staff clearly need more training.

Equipment -- while not a luddite, I spent 15 minutes trying to figure out how to correct the time on my bedside clock (okay, so I like to know what time it is should I wake up during the night, and the clock was some 9 hours off). I called the front desk. It would be corrected immediately. A day goes by, nothing. The following day, I make a similar request. It would be corrected within minutes. After returning to the room six hours later and noticing that it was still not corrected, I called a third time to the front desk. I would accept this sort of situation at a Motel 6, but not at an expensive 4-star hotel. On a related note, I wasted too much time trying to get the TV to work (the remote control needed to be replaced) and the sound on the TV to work (cables were apparently misaligned in the rear of the amplifier). It perplexes me why I'm spending my time in Seychelles trying to fix room equipment, which this luxury hotel should guarantee is working in the first place.

I guess I neglected to mention that the room air conditioner leaks onto the floor, and the desktop lamp is falling apart. I mentioned these items a day ago to the hotel staff but sense that these issues have already been forgotten.

The friendliness of the staff and the breakfast are top notch. Otherwise, this hotel has training and maintenance issues that it needs to address if it wants to remain above three stars.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear Sfhoya,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our property. Your input and feedback from all of our guests is vitally important to us and we always strive to meet our guest expectations.

Please accept my apology on behalf of Hilton Northolme team member for the inconvenience occurred during your stay assuring you that all your comments were investigated immediately with the concern department with all relevant corrective measures. However, It would have been my pleasure to ease your disappointment away if I received your comments during your stay either from your good self.

Although it is very disheartening to receive this kind of feedback, I do believe it is the most important way to measure the quality of our service, and how best to improve on those areas in which we fail to deliver on the expectations of our guests.

Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014

CAUTION: Stayed end of March 2014 - The hotel is under heavy construction starting at 7AM to at least 8PM. Looks like at least an 8 month project to add new rooms. Do not stay here.

Our stay at this hotel was comically bad, but i have to give at least 2 stars for the beauty of the location. Hotel forgot to pick us up at the airport, despite the fact that I had reconfirmed twice. They blamed "the new girl at the desk" for a schedule mistake, and we were offered a free dinner and free return transportation as compensation. It turns out that taxis were plentiful, large, and cheap (half the price of the hotel transfer) at the airport, so we ended up better. Hotel manager was verbally apologetic, but didn't seem to actually care.

This hotel is very pretty. The location is on a small peninsula, jutting out from the jungle. The rooms were very tropical and very large with new looking beds, appliances, and furniture. Our view was amazing, but the construction was ever present and LOUD starting in the morning through the evening. The best part: the hotel denies the construction is theirs due to the technicality that "it's on a neighboring property." They won't say is that the neighboring property is owned by them, and will soon be joined with the hotel. These people are liars. I contacted the management after our stay and I contacted Hilton. Hilton was helpful, the hotel management was not helpful nor did they care at all -as per above.

My favorite story is so bad that it is good: (note: there really isn't a beach to sit at unless you want to sit in the jungle overlooking the beach. Not a bad option, but not for me). I was sitting at the pool reading my book, and a staff member comes up to me. He asks if I like shells. He tells me that his friend has a special/magical shell that is the rarest in the world. He says that, "if I take this to Dubai or South Africa I could get $250,000 for it." He then says that he can offer me the magical shell for $500 USD. Very "jack and the bean stock." So bad, it's actually kinda funny. Nevertheless, it was completely unprofessional, and no one wants to be hustled while sitting at the pool.

The management staff was useless, but I found the waitstaff to be genuinely nice. I found their service to be pretty good all around. The food is more 4 star than 5 star, and I think it would get old after a more than 3 nights. The food is very expensive, but that is the price you pay for coming to the Seychelles and not a particular reflection on the hotel.

I am very upset that I didn't stay at the Banyan Tree.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Sharifa P, Front Office Manager at Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 14, 2014
Dear Italy_via_LA

I have read about the level of noise carried out at the far end of the resort which did not meet with your expectations, rest assure that your valuable comments has been shared with our Hilton Management and of course with the Project Manager of the extension of the work timing.

California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014

My partner and I just returned from a seven night stay at the Hilton Seychelles Northolme which we secured using Hilton Hhonors points I had collected over a number of years. Our experience was very memorable and overall, excellent. The setting of the hotel is magnificent and the rooms are stunning and very well appointed, comfortable beds, quality linens and bath products, large in size, all with private balconies with views of the ocean. The food and beverages offered were very good and the nearby village of Beau Vallon offered some alternative dining options that we found quite good also. You can walk to Beau Vallon during the daylight hours, about 15-20 minutes, but we suggest taking a taxi (150 Seychelle rupees or about US$13 one way) at night-time to avoid colliding with passing cars, as the road is dark and curvy. During our tour of the island, we drove by the location of some of the other five star hotels (Banyan Tree, Maia and Four Seasons), but much preferred the location of the Hilton for it's proximity to alternative dining options (Boat House, Baobab Pizza, La Plage) in Beau Vallon and close proximity to Victoria.

We cannot praise the hotel's staff enough, as they were incredibly warm and gracious and exhibited absolutely wonderful hospitality. We will remember them with warmth and gratitude for many years to come, especially the entire front desk team and Robin, Dilshan, Isuru and Shehan at the restaurants and bars. Aside from location, these people are the hotel's greatest asset.

One comes to the Seychelles to enjoy the sun, sea, beach and great outdoors, and the hotel manages to maximize this for you with it's excellent location, however, I feel they need to take better care of the outdoor lounging area adjacent to the beach. The snorkeling around the hotel is excellent, but I would recommend that one brings one's own mask and snorkel and just borrows the hotel's fins, as their supply of snorkeling gear was woefully inadequate and, frankly, one of the few things with which I feel the management is neglectful.

Without reservation, were we to return again to stay on Mahe, the Hilton Northolme would be our hotel of choice.

A final comment on cost / expense. The Seychelles are an expensive destination and if you wish to stay at a five star property like the Hilton or any of its competitors, expect it to be costly. Do I think the prices border on unreasonable? Yes, I do, but I also know there is a cost to getting goods to these remote islands (where there is little flat land for farming) and that these costs are passed along to tourists. We knew this when we planned our visit and we knew it was not unique to the Hilton. If you expect otherwise, you've not done your research. Those who do their research will, no doubt, see that there are ways to contain costs and have a very wonderful and memorable stay!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Sharifa P, Front Office Manager at Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 11, 2014
Dear NoramadCalifornia

Tokyo, Japan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

I booked an Oceanfront Villa before I knew about the construction underway on the property. Checking in at 9:30 am, I immediately noticed that my villa was only 4 units away from an enormous, multi-story construction site. It looked like they were building several additional blocks of rooms. I expressed my concerns to Clara, one of the Reservation Agents. “The construction is from 9 am to 6 pm every day,” she told me, “and the drilling only goes on during the afternoon. If you would like to downgrade to a Hillside Villa, which would be further away from the noise, we can do that.” she told me. I told her I would try to tough it out in the Oceanfront Villa, because it was a beautifully designed space, but would let her know if it became truly unbearable.

At 10 am, the drilling started. I put on my bathing suit and walked to the other end of the resort, where the beach (with approximately 10 beach chairs) is located. On my way there, I noticed that there was construction going on in a Hillside Villa as well, although it was merely loud, constant hammering from inside of an upper unit. I didn’t know if that was a short-term project or what, but realized all of the Oceanfront Villas spared the construction noise from the big construction site would be subjected to the construction noise from the Hillside Villa unit.

No construction noise was audible from the beach. Snorkeling, enjoying the gorgeous water and eating a tasty lunch on my beach chair got me through the afternoon. I felt relaxed, tan and happy. Returning to my villa at 2 pm, I decided to take a quick nap. I put in earplugs, to drown out the construction noise, but the hammering, drilling and banging was loud enough that I was unable to rest. Trying to make the best of the situation, I headed back out of the villa and spent the rest of the afternoon relaxing on the beach.

At 5:45 pm, I returned to my villa, looking forward to taking a shower and enjoying the sunset. At 6 pm, I went outside, expecting that the construction noise would soon stop. It never stopped. It was so loud that I could not enjoy the sunset from my balcony, even with earplugs in, so I went inside to call Reception.

I had the misfortune to deal with a staff member named Oksana, who, when I asked her why the construction noise was still continuing after the before-stated 6 pm cut-off time, mumbled, “I don’t know. I’ll ask my boss. Bye,” and then hung up. Perhaps she had other calls to answer, but I felt her utter lack of concern for what was bothering me. At 6:10 pm, I called back to Reception and asked to speak to the Duty Manager. “She is unavailable,” Oksana told me. “I’ll have her call you later.”

I kept hoping, naively, that the noise would stop in time for me to enjoy the sunset. At 6:45 pm, I walked to the Reception Area and told Oksana once more, “I need to speak to the Duty Manager.” “And I told you that she was unavailable,” she responded crisply. Turning away, she started talking to another client. This was too much for me. I screamed at her in French until, cowering, she finally called her Duty Manager, who told me that she would meet me in my villa in 5-10 minutes.

As promised, the Duty Manager, Sharifa, showed up in my room by 7 pm. “Oksana never informed me that you had called me previously,” she told me. Then, “I can still hear the construction noise too.” By now, the sunset was gone. I told her that I wanted to check out the next day, that I had been misled about the hours of the construction and the nature of it. (Clara had said the drilling would only be for a few hours in the afternoon. It started at 10 am.) “The construction is supposed to be from 9 am to 5 pm everyday,” Sharifa told me. “I don’t know why it is still going on.” I also asked her why one of the Hillside Villa units had loud hammering going on all afternoon. “They were fixing an air-conditioning unit,” she told me. She was very pleasant and very apologetic.

After she left, at around 7:15 pm, I assumed that the construction noise would stop. While it slowed down considerably at 7:45 pm, I last heard hammering at 10 pm.

The next morning, the hammering woke me up at 7:45 am. I checked out shortly afterwards. When a staff member came to help me take my suitcases to a taxi, he asked why I was leaving after only one night. "The construction noise," I told him. "You aren't the first," he responded. "You aren't the first."

Room Tip: Villas 110 to 114 are, with the current construction work close to them, capable of ruining your vac...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear SheTravelsAndTravels

I have read and as well been with you when the incident happen about the level of noise carried out at the far end of the resort which did not meet with your expectations, rest assure that your valuable comments has been shared with our Hilton Management and of course with the Project Manager of the extension of the work timing.

Please accept my apology on behalf of Hilton Northolme team members for the inconvenience occurred during your stay assuring you that all your comments were investigated immediately with all relevant corrective measures.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

My husband and I opted to use some Hilton points at this hotel on a short get away between other travels. We opted for this of the two Seychelles Hilton properties because of the ease of getting from the airport to the hotel. Since we had a short stay we didn't want to spend too much time on transportation. We worried that since it was on the main island the hotel wouldn't feel remote or relaxed enough, but we were wrong. It was perfect. The breakfast buffet was fantastic. Sitting around watching the waves while sipping our tea and coffee was a highlight. The rest of the food was good - not great, but there were lots of options close to the hotel had we decided to leave. The room was one the best we've ever had - laid out nicely and very comfortable. The pool is small and there isn't a true beach, but somehow that never became a problem for us. If you get a chance, enjoy the spa!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear ArianeRose

Thank you for your review of the Resort. We are all so delighted that you enjoyed such a spectacular stay. We know we are lucky to be able to welcome guests to such a beautiful location, but it is a delight to be able to give such wonderful and memorable service to you.

Johannesburg, South Africa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

Did anyone stop to think good paying clients are sleeping at this time before construction starts.
Picture as per attached.
Shocking!
Rooms well appointed and the location is good, but bundling and banging right next to us is totally unacceptable.

Room Tip: Ask to be in a room far far away from future building sites
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Schimdhauser,

First let me take this opportunity to thank you for choosing the Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort and Spa!

Many thanks for your valuable comments about our rooms and resort. i am very conecerned to read that we did not meet with your expectations due to the level of noise of the construction wok which is carried out at the far end of the resort, rest assure that your valuable comments has been shared with our Hilton Management and of course with the Project Manager of the extension of the work timing.

Front Desk Manager

Been to Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!