“This hotel needs more than five above maybe seven.?” 5 of 5 stars

You added Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa to your Saves list
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Victoria, Glacis, Mahe Island, Seychelles   |
Ranked #2 of 3 hotels in Glacis
Australia
“This hotel needs more than five above maybe seven.?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

Again we arrived late at night and driven to our room 112. Room looked wonderful, we fell into bed as usual. Next morning we looked outside and found we were right next to steps down to beach. Next to our bedroom. Not a quiet place for us.Woman was cleaning outside, which meant no sleep. Seems to be a pattern for us ho hum. Excellent room for young persons with private beach access.

Anyway, down to reception and Evan, again such a nice caring man, immediately he showed us to our new room 101, our piece of paradise. When the cleaners had finished we were moved. Evan showed us all we needed to know and we had a big net and welcome on bed with gift. Best room we say and close to restaurants and swimming pool and down on water and out of the way, really quiet. Not too much walking for us.

Meanwhile we went to breakfast and met warm and helpful staff, who showed us all the food and gave us a nice table overlooking sea view. The staff are really attentive to your needs, plate taken and knife and forks appear. The chefs makes mean omelettes, really up to our high standard. Fresh fruit and choices of vegetables. Lots of cheeses too.

All the staff are warm, friendly and respectful, the atmosphere is relaxing and nothing is too much trouble. The housekeeping staff are some of the best, ours in particular had our suite spotless night and morning.

I will again say that trip advisors it is your responsibility to inform the staff of room glitches. There is no way management know if something is wrong unless you say so and others come in to find things later. We had a leaking sink which our maid rang for and in a minute they were here. My partner had a great time explaining how to fix them and tap in toilet. Another great invention for washing your privates, except I washed myself and room. Service was instant!

We had a spa treatment and strong massages together, in same room different masseuse of course. I recommend a treatment in the spa, you have a free luxurious 15 minute one given to you, how good is that? We just used that and extended it. The girls are small but strong steely fingers, just as we like it.

Friday night is seafood night and yum yum yummy. What can I say? Best cooked scallops I have had and prawns small and huge, squid, fishes, add to plate and chef cooks them for you. The service is exceptional. Our little table was put onto balcony, romantic and pretty with lights on water. Chameer made sure our every need was met and ordered more scallops for me.

There was lamb, beef, chicken dishes and assortments of vegetables all well prepared. All the staff were amazing, I don't have enough space to name them all. as if I have not said it enough. Congratulations Mark.

There Are around 30 villas only in this resort, very exclusive and inclusive, we didn't see much of the other guests at all. I am sure they were enjoying their rooms, balconies, spa overlooking the sea and maybe trips arranged by staff, or snorkelling on the beach.

We just wanted to rest on this last part of our huge trip, we swam In the pool and stopped doing anything else. We walked down to The Ian Flemming suite and beach too. Wedding on Saturday night, nice to see for something different.

We had room service pasta dishes one with prawns and bolognese, cheesecake and ice cream also. chameer served us again with vigour had Margherita, good one too and Bacardi and coke. All cold and food hot. Dinner on your balcony is a special treat, you can order what you like.

Australians I have to say, if you are going to Mauritius. Come to Seychelles, only 2/12 hour flight away, not far and take more time here, there are many islands to explore and lots of activities for the young at heart, wind surfing, para flying, skiing, all sorts of things to satisfy the young.

For those who like peace and quiet as well, the Hilton Northolme is for you as well. All my followers in Asia, America, Europe, all over the world, these lovely Indian Ocean countries could do with your support and you are the ones who will benefit from your travels.

We had sun every day we were here and sun lovers and those who like it hot too I recommend this for you

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
RM_HiltonNortholme, General Manager at Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Dear elinas,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at the Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa and for taking the time to share your comments on Trip Advisor.com. We deeply appreciate any comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

I am extremely pleased to learn that you were satisfied with your overall vacation experience and you would consider recommending us to friends or family.

Please be advised that your kind feedback has been shared with the whole team.

Our main objective is to provide you with an exceptional service and overall experience so that you would return to our property and recommend us to family and friends.

451 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is in a perfect location. Beach may be small but it's beautiful and so quiet and very private. We drove around for 5 days visiting other hotels and beaches and were always glad to be back. Other more expensive hotels were on beautiful beaches but they were much more public and some littered. We visited the four seasons which is where I wanted to stay initially but I'm so glad we didn't! Their rooms must be amazing because we didn't feel the public areas justified the huge cost of staying there-Hilton's bar and restaurants much nicer in my opinion!

Rooms were gorgeous, I emailed hotel with a request for a particular view and we got it. Definitely worth upgrading to ocean front. Little gifts left every day were a lovely little touch. I forgot I was at a Hilton hotel it is so different and personal.

Staff here were amazing, best in the world, the front desk, manager, head chef, waiters, housekeeping. Vast difference between them and the staff at la Domaine on La Digue.

Drinks are too expensive, this ruins the ambience of the bar as nobody came out of an evening other than the managers cocktail night when you got a free drink! The hotel had no problem emptying the mini bar for you so you could stick up on your own drinks and use the fridge. Shop is 5 mins walk away

Do not hesitate to book this hotel, you won't be disappointed

• Stayed August 2013
Dear Lucyjordan7 ,

First, I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your recent stay with us at the Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort and Spa. I hope that during your stay you were able to experience the true magic of the islands and were able to return home with many happy memories.

Once again I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and rest assured that all your feedback is shared and discussed with my team.

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

The hotel in general is excellent. The view was breath taking, the villa was beyond amazing, food choices during breakfast & dinner were fresh & appetizing & a lot to choose from. The only bad thing about the dinner was that we were charged for a 1 liter of their local water for US$10! I thought it's a bit much. The speed of the internet connection was not up to a five-star hotel standard, in comparison to other 5-star hotels we've been to. It's not bad, don't get me wrong, just not as fast as the other hotel's we've stayed in. During our stay, there was a whole day where it rained heavily & the internet connection was cut, I reported it & the staff just said, oh well it's because of the bad weather... :( The Chef Executive Carlos & the Hotel Manager Mark made us more at home than we already were. Thanks guys, keep up the exceptional job! The banana chips they serve with the free cocktail is just yummy, we had to keep asking for more, felt full for dinner, but very delicious. The staff were friendly, anyone who see you anywhere will greet you with their cheerful smile. The surprise gifts at night were the highlight of our stay, we couldn't wait to see what it would be for that night. Make sure you use the indoor jacuzzi in the villa & watch those lovely sunsets! A must highlight for your stay in Seychelles is to visit Praslin & La Digue islands, this is a MUST! Otherwise, just don't waste your money & time going to Seychelles!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Fatima A,

I am extremely pleased to learn that you were satisfied with your overall vacation experience.

I am really concerned to read about your dissatisfaction that the Internet service and restaurant service did not meet with your expectations and I’m sorry you were disappointed. Please accept my sincere apologies for all the inconvenience caused to you during your stay, spoiling an otherwise joyful vacation.

We place great value on your custom and your continued relationship with Hilton. I look forward to welcoming you once more to Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa.

London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

The smallest Hilton in the world I'm told, only 40 odd rooms (or villas) set along the hillside overlooking the beach. Lovely setting, beautiful wood panelled rooms with huge bathrooms and a lovely balcony (well more of a verandah its so huge). Nice spa right on the waterfront - not the biggest but a good setting. Good friendly service, but that's what you'd expect in a 5 star in the Seychelles....how this hotel compares with the competition its hard to say...you have the Banyan Tree, Maia, Constance Ephelia, Four Seasons... but those are a lot more expensive.

Room Tip: They're all good, all facing the sea. The ocean front ones may be a little better positioned but...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear kingbob,
First, I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your recent stay with us at the Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort and Spa.,

With best regards,

antalya, Turkey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

Seychelles is more expensive than the cote d'azur and monaco :)) But the hotel rooms was perfect. Caution, go seychelles to do nothing !!! And dont eat candelelight dinner at the otel the fish was awful, i've never seen like that before and i paid 400€ for this dinner

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Caglar K,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for spending your vacation at our resort.

I am really concerned to read about your dissatisfaction that you experienced. As it is disheartening for me and my team to get this kind of feedback but also very constructive to further improve our services, i would like to assure you that we value our guests.

Once again I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and rest assured that all your feedback is shared and discussed with my team to further improve on our services and facilities.

poole dorset
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Had the most wonderful time here very peaceful the staff were excellent and attended your needs most efficientlyit was a adult only resort which made it very quiet and relaxing plenty of sun beds around the most amazing swimming pool with excellent views and the beach with snorkelling equipment being plentyful the private villas were beautiful with amazing views from the bathroom as well as the bedroom lounge area will be coming back soon

• Stayed September 2013
Dear vickytonyphillips

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your recent stay with us at the Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa.

I hope that you have experienced the true magic of the Seychelles and returned home with wonderful memories.

Once again I personally thank you for your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort and Spa.

chicago
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for our honeymoon a few weeks ago. We were super excited to arrive and had spent weeks picking out the perfect room and island for our first two nights in the Seychelles.

Upon our arrival we were extremely disappointed to be told we were being downgraded in our room type. This was an awful way to start a honeymoon. We were also only staying at this hotel because we had wanted to stay in an oceanfront villa on stilts, and had turned down the option to stay at another island we were more interested in simply for the room type, so we were now stuck in a hotel we wouldn't have been in otherwise without the room we wanted. The worst part was the manager, Sharifa's, response. There was no apology, and she almost acted like this was our fault. Nevermind this was our honeymoon. Not the service one expects from the Hilton. Furthermore, she didn't offer to refund us for the difference, and seemed annoyed when we asked, when to me this should be the bare minimum. When we did ask she said that she would send an email to our booking company but never followed up, we asked again the next day and same thing. She completely ignored our request, while saying she would do it. One of the reasons we booked with Hilton over a non-chain there was to be assured something like this wouldn't happen!

Beyond the room downgrade, this meant we spent an hour upon arrival having to figure stuff out, when we'd just been traveling for over 30 hours and wanted to hit the beach, so our precious time at the Seychelles was wasted dealing with her, not the way I wanted to start a honeymoon.

This is unfortunate as otherwise this is a beautiful resort and I must say that all of the other staff were FANTASTIC. However, she put a huge damper on the start of our honeymoon. Her dismissive behavior was not something I've ever faced at a Hilton, and I've stayed in them all over the world.

The downgrade itself was a poor start and something we would have been angered with, but it was the handling of the situation that made it worse. Had it been handled better we would have moved on and had a great time, but with no resolution and no apology and action to make it better - this is unacceptable.

Two weeks later and still waiting for this email and refund that we were promised - I'm sure she still hasn't done a thing.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear travelingkat84,

Best Regards,

I am really concerned to read about your dissatisfaction of the room downgrade. Please accept my sincere apologies for all the inconvenience caused to you during your stay, spoiling an otherwise joyful vacation.

I can assure you that all has been addressed and actioned by the appropriate departments who were in touch with booking company.

With best regards,

Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa

Been to Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!