“Abolutely amazing” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Abolutely amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

We travelled to the Seychelles for 5 nights (way to short) for a friend's wedding and a little treat. As our friends were getting married at the hotel we decided to stay there for the duration. We were so glad we did and everything was absolutely amazing.....the room, the Jacuzzi bath with an open door looking over the Indian Ocean, the service, just everything.
I would advise going at least half board, as we went B&B (late booking) and it can mount up. Also the internet in the room was not included, but this turned out to be a good thing as it stopped me constantly checking emails etc.
I can't recommend this place enough, I would go back there in a flash.

Room Tip: Don't bother with the upgrade to a water side chalet as all chalets have a fantastic sea view.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
RM_HiltonNortholme, General Manager at Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Dear BGarrad,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at the Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa and for taking the time to share your comments on Trip Advisor.com. We deeply appreciate any comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

I am extremely pleased to learn that you were satisfied with your overall vacation experience and that you had a wonderful time for your friend’s wedding.

It certainly would be a great pleasure to welcome you back to Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort and Spa.

With best regards,

Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
  • Turkish first
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

Very beautiful place to vacation, untouched nature , beautiful beaches , clear sea and quiet. Ideal for a quiet holiday, beach without people, excellent food, very friendly staff and beautiful walks around the island.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

RM_HiltonNortholme, General Manager at Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Dear Guest,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for spending your vacation our resort.

I hope that during your stay you were able to experience the true magic of the islands and were able to return home with many happy memories.

We place great value on your custom and your continued relationship with Hilton. I look forward to welcoming you once more to Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa.

Warm regards from Seychelles!

Maun, Botswana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

So Far so good, looking to add this location to a new bush and beach vacation package.we are staying for 10 days and will write a full report afterwards. Rooms are above average, staff really friendly and you get the feeling that they are enjoying their work. Food is fresh and tasty and would suggest you have a breakfast in your room during your stay.Romantic feeling in the rooms, not sure about the 13 years and older children policies, a bit of a let down on that so far.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
RM_HiltonNortholme, General Manager at Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 27, 2013
Dear Guest,

we were pleased to have you stay with us and that your vacation was enjoyable. Due to the unforeseen circumstances related to the child policy, I do aplogize sincerely caused to you , spoiling an otherwise joyful vacation.

It woul be a pleasure to hear from you as I believe that all feedbacks are very constructive to further improve the services.

My Kind regards,

Marc schumacher
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

we didn't have the chance to stay here but we did snorkel which was one of the best location on the island.
small beach area but the hotel itself is one of the better ones on Mahe Island that we stopped through during our snorkeling adventures. Accommodations looked very nice, location is central and the beach is one of the best for seeing the fishes, I would come back and stay at this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
RM_HiltonNortholme, General Manager at Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Dear guest,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for spending your day at our resort.

Thank you for your kind words and we are glad that you snorkelling experience was indeed a marvellous one.

I personally thank you for your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort and Spa.

Kindest regards,

Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

I arrived on a Sunday evening without my partner because of business arrangements. I was picked up from the airport by a shuttle and given a bit of the history of Seychelles while en route to the Hotel which was very informative and interesting. All the arrangements for our stay were prepared and no hassles at the Resort. The staff were always smiling, friendly and ready to help. A memorable 7 days at The Resort and we could not have been more happier.

The room was beautiful, property well kept, very expensive but well worth it.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
RM_HiltonNortholme, General Manager at Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 13, 2013
Dear Rene Lecordier,

Thank you for choosing to spend your stay with us. It was indeed a pleasure to welcome.

I am happy to hear that your vacation was a wonderful experience, from arrival and throughout.

Once again I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and rest assured that all your feedback is shared with my team.

Kindest regards,

Seattle, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

So everything in the most recent reviews you've read is correct: great location, beautiful property, very expensive, wonderful room décor, etc, etc.

We arrived on Mahe 18 hours late thanks to a flight cancellation. After being in airports or airplanes for 68 hours, we expected the Hilton would have mercy on us and give us some sort of credit for the night we missed which we booked at a non-refundable rate. We knew what we were getting into when we booked a rate marked as "non-refundable", but really, you arrive late because of a flight cancellation, the hotel isn't even half full, and you're going to allow your guest to lose $600 for a night not spent at the hotel??? Hilton came halfway and gave us the "Ian Fleming Suite", which was a nice gesture.

We stayed at the Hilton before and after our trip to a neighboring island, La Digue. So, we got to see how the Ian Fleming Suite compared to a "normal" King Oceanfront Deluxe Suite and dare I say ... they are almost the same room. We are literally 3 doors down from where we stayed in the "Suite" and it's the same square footage, the same décor ... the only difference is the bed in the "Suite" is circular instead of rectangular, there's a bigger sofa and the light switches are more fancy. How that merits an additional $300-400 per night I will never know. In fact, the oceanfront suites are indeed oceanfront, however, the hillside suites are close enough that I'm sure they are hearing the same ocean noise I am as I write this review.

Moral of the story is ... book the first night as a refundable rate if there's a chance of a flight cancellation and the rest of your stay at a significantly reduced non-refundable rate. Also, beware that if you book your room more than 30 days out, you will likely pay far more for your room. Best that you book it a couple weeks out when there are 25 to 30% room discounts on offer.

Other than the opaque booking process and the chess game of booking non-refundable room rates, the hotel is great. All the staff are respectful, friendly and genuinely concerned about your needs. WIFI and food are *EXTREMELY* expensive. On our first night, we were jet lagged and hungry, so we opened the room service menu and ordered 2 ham and cheese sandwiches for US$40. Didn't feel good about spending so much, but the sandwiches were good.

Hilton has an awesome spot, and the hotel is clean and well-run. I just feel they are over-reaching with room rates and food prices. I've been to 135 countries and have stayed in my share of $600/night+ hotels and although the Hilton Northolme is beautiful, I feel a bit used and over-charged. This is NOT the feeling you're going for when you're on a luxury vacation.

Room Tip: Do NOT pay extra for the "Ian Fleming Suite". Except for light switches and a more elabor...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
RM_HiltonNortholme, General Manager at Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Dear Flyseefly,

Thank you for your recent holiday with us. It was a pleasure to welcome to have you for holiday with us and I greatly appreciate your feedback.

I have well noted and I do apologize for all inconveniences caused during your stay, we will address it appropriately as all of your feedback has been communicated with the whole team.

Oslo, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

We considered many different places for our honeymoon, but landed on the Seychelles. After looking at several different hotels we landed on the Hilton Northolme and after a fantastic 14 days we couldn't be more happy with our choice! We had a Bed & Breakfast deal, and enjoyed a great breakfast buffet every day. The hotel itself is very charming and the villas are very nice and feel private even if they are pretty close to eachother. The pool and beach are fine, but can't really compete with the other amazing beatches on the seychelles. However, it's actually pretty good to snorkle around the hotel beach area and the hotel provides snorkeling equipment to borrow for free. The staff are very friendly and helpfull and you really feel very well taken care of during your stay. They have good knowledge of where to go and what to see during your stay and there is allso a lot of daily activities that they organize. All in all we have been extremely happy with our honeymoon and the stay on Hilton Northolme!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear ?Ystein D,

I personally thank you for your valued feedback and I am extremely pleased to read that you had a fantastic honeymoon with us at Northolme.

I am pleased that you enjoyed the true magic of the Seychelles and returned home with wonderful memories.
Your kind comments have been shared with our team.

Once again, thank you for the feedback and it certainly would be a great pleasure to welcome you back to Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort and Spa.

With my best wishes,

Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa

Been to Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!