“wonderful location but ...” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early & Save
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Glacis
Brussels, Belgium
“wonderful location but ...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

My husband and I spent a week in November and had a wonderful experience.
Villas are terrific, with a balcony and a stunning view, the staff is kind and professional and there are good facilites such as spa, fitness room, etc. This is the ideal place for a romantic week!
We were really disappointed by the restaurant and the lack of quality: poor selection of fruits (bananas available upon request!!!), Mediterranean buffet on Monday is terrible, Thai buffet is average ...forget about coffee and cappuccino!
More attention to details should be paid: Masala tea served in Nespresso cups, low quality cutlery.
By the way, dress code in the restaurant is not respected by every guest ...

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
RM_HiltonNortholme, General Manager at Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your stay with us in November at the Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort and Spa.
I hope that were able to return home with many happy memories of the Seychelles.

We were very pleased to read that you were satisfied with the overall services provided by the team and with your overall experience.

I was really concerned to read about your dissatisfaction that the restaurant service did not meet with your expectations, please accept my sincere apologies for all the inconvenience caused to you during your stay, spoiling an otherwise joyful vacation.

Although it is very disheartening to receive this kind of feedback, I do believe it is the most important way to measure the quality of our service, and how best to improve on those areas in which we fail to deliver on the expectations of our guests.

Once again I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and rest assured that all your feedback is shared and discussed with my team to further improve on our services and facilities.

Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
  • Turkish first
Ouray, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

We spent one week here and enjoyed our Bungalow very much. We were pleasantly surprised since we didn't pay for the "ocean views". Well, it is true, from our balcony, we couldn't touch the water, but, the views of the inlet were amazing and the solitude were wonderful.

Their spa was very nice, the front desk staff was also very warm and inviting.

Room Tip: We loved our room up on the hillside, near the trees but with grand views of the water, we were happ...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
RM_HiltonNortholme, General Manager at Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Dear Guest,

First, I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your recent stay with us at the Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort and Spa. I hope that during your stay you were able to experience the true magic of the islands and were able to return home with many happy memories.

We place great value on your custom and your continued relationship with Hilton. I look forward to welcoming you once more to Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa.

New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

This resort is for you if:
You want to be surrounded by the sea 24/7.
Like to be awakened by the sound of the waves
Enjoy a lush environment and beautiful scenic views
Want to be away from city noises.

This resort is not for you if:
You are on a budget
Want to be within walking distance of sites, shopping, and restaurants.
You have trouble get into “chill out mode”
You want to bring your young children.

We are world travelers, have had the privilege of staying at some of the world's best hotels and I must say that the Northolme ranks right up their with the best of the best. Five November nights turned into six because we just didn't want to leave. Had a private oceanfront villa, breathtaking views, small secluded beach area just below our villa. The rooms were beautiful and clean with a huge bathroom larger than some Asian hotel rooms. The snorkeling at the hotel was almost as good as the marine parks with clear water and abundant sea life. The resort was 5 stars, yes no wireless in the rooms but hopefully this will be resolved in 2013. Staff attentive, personalized, and friendly, went out of their way to assist with last minute requests. The breakfast buffet rivals the Kowloon (Hong Kong) Intercontinental and was excellent. In fact we "enjoyed" it so much so that we never needed to eat lunch. Food was great at all the restaurants but our favorite was casual dining at the Oceanview Bar and Restaurant, listening to the surf break while a refreshing sea breeze cooled the night. Our waiters knew our favorite dishes and were attentive but didn't hover. The only need to leave the hotel is for excursions. We will definitely return if we have the opportunity.

See the video of our amazing vacation at http://vimeo.com/56426117

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
RM_HiltonNortholme, General Manager at Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at the Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa and for taking the time to share your comments on Trip Advisor.com. We deeply appreciate any comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

I was extremely pleased to learn that you were satisfied with your overall vacation experience and you would consider returning. Please be advised that your kind feedback has been shared with the whole team.

Khartoum, Sudan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

The Hilton Seychelles Northholme is an exquisite hotel, offering the perfect mix of efficient and friendly service in a spectacular natural setting. The quality of the food in the restaurants is outstanding, and our experience in the spa was wonderful. I cannot wait to visit this resort again. If I have one criticism, it is one common to many hotels: weak and expensive internet access. When one is paying $400/night for a hotel room, it is outrageous to ask people to pay an additional $30/day for Internet access. Moreover, even at this high price, the Internet was slow.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
RM_HiltonNortholme, General Manager at Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at the Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa and for taking the time to share your feedback on Trip Advisor.com.

I was really concerned to read about your dissatisfaction that the Internet service did not meet with your expectations. Please accept my sincere apologies for all the inconvenience caused to you during your stay, spoiling an otherwise joyful vacation

Once again I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and rest assured that all your feedback is shared and discussed with my team.

Montpellier,France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

reviewing the hotel later than my stay but I need to do it !
Wonderful hilton experience ! the tinest hilton in the world (40 rooms) all with superbs wood villas.The view on the sunset and sunrise is magic.the rooms are beautiful and the big bathroom are really nice and luxurious.
The little beaches are like little reproduction of the best beaches of seychelles with trees, dead woods and rocks...Flowers everywhere and wonderful swimming pool plunging your eyes in the ocean.
Breakfast is really nice, buffet is really tasteful and all the crew is nice and smiling.
at night, the burning lanterns give the hotel a magic touch with the bats flying in the evening sky.
It was difficult for me and my parents to choose a seychelles hotel (banyan tree location is superb, 4 seasons is appealing) but you get here a superb , tropical dream hotel that you need to visit !
The spa is lovely, small like a dollhouse and with good treatments !
thanks to the lovely crew, the lovely reservation manager girl for this dream experience in oner of the best places we've been !

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your recent stay with us at the Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa.
I hope that you have experienced the true magic of the Seychelles and return home with many wonderful memories.

We were very pleased to read that you were very happy with your overall stay with us. You were satisfied with services provided, the ocean views, the comfort and the hotel’s facilities. Rest assured that your kind feedbacks have been shared with the team.

I look forward to welcoming you back to our small paradise or any of our Hilton Worldwide Hotels in the near future.

Kind Regards,

Buenos Aires, Argentina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

We travel a lot with my wife, staying in big resorts, small properties, etc. in Asia, all Americas, Europe. so we have the opportunity to compare.

Once we arrived to the Hilton Northholme Spa we had a warm welcome from his employees, then after the chek in, we headed to our room and it was magnificent, they upgraded us to the Ian Fleming room. absolutely better than expected!!. All the villas have an impressive size and space. a huge bathroom with jacuzzi. Modern and fashion furnishing. Excellent view from the balcony. More than a villa, it was a "house" in terms of comfort. privacy and size.

The restaurants ?. wow!. they have 3. one for breakfast, and two other for a la carte menu, one of them gourmet style. very romantic. all of them with breathtaking views.

Small property, but exclusive. you feel like in a country club at the sea.

We definitely recommend this hotel for your stay at Seychelles.

Also another important issue : It is located in the best part of the Island. the most touristic side of the island of Mahe.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
RM_HiltonNortholme, General Manager at Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your recent stay with us in the Seychelles, at the Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort and Spa.

I was extremely pleased to learn that you were satisfied with your overall vacation experience, the villa, the service and you would consider recommending us to friends or family. Please be advised that your kind feedback has been shared with the whole team.

Best Regards,

USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

Wow. Just returned from two weeks at the Hilton Northolme and it was divine. First, the hotel facility itself is fantastic. The villas are extremely high end and the views are spectacular. The beaches at the hotel are good for sunning and a bit of swimming, with a nice (if small) pool. It's the island's best location, with Beau Vallon beach nearby (don't miss Wednesday nights and weekends there, with lots of vendors and local crowds), and many great restaurants nearby. I strongly recommend you rent a car so you can easily explore the island and get to the beaches and resturants easily. Daily breakfast was a very good buffet, though otherwise we generally ate at other restaurants away from the hotel for lunch and dinner. When we did eat there it was good (though priced as hotel restaurants are).

The staff was really impressive. First, our bags didn't make it until two days after we arrived, and Hubert was extremely helpful getting us what we needed to make it for a couple days. Second, the staff was attentive again and again. For instance, one night we asked the front desk for some silverware to use on the fruit we bought at the market (they sent it up via room service for free); the next day, the same staff member saw us and asked how the fruit was. For our anniversary the hotel sent up a complimentary bottle of champagne. Little things like this happened again and again, reminding me of my favorite prior resort experience, the Four Seasons Bali at Sayan, another exceptional resort.

We were so sad to leave, and this resort is really something special. Having traveled extensively and stayed at resorts throughout the world, I think it's a truly elite resort and I would recommend it to anyone who wants to get away from it all in paradise.

Room Tip: The top-level villas on the hill are better than the bottom-level villas on the hill.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
RM_HiltonNortholme, General Manager at Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Dear Guest,

We were very pleased to learn that you were satisfied with your overall experience, your villa, the beach and the service of our team members.

Best Regards,

Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa

Been to Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!