“Extraordinary place to stay at the idyllic indian ocean” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 33% on Weekend Stays
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Glacis
Buenos Aires, Argentina
“Extraordinary place to stay at the idyllic indian ocean”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

We travel a lot with my wife, staying in big resorts, small properties, etc. in Asia, all Americas, Europe. so we have the opportunity to compare.

Once we arrived to the Hilton Northholme Spa we had a warm welcome from his employees, then after the chek in, we headed to our room and it was magnificent, they upgraded us to the Ian Fleming room. absolutely better than expected!!. All the villas have an impressive size and space. a huge bathroom with jacuzzi. Modern and fashion furnishing. Excellent view from the balcony. More than a villa, it was a "house" in terms of comfort. privacy and size.

The restaurants ?. wow!. they have 3. one for breakfast, and two other for a la carte menu, one of them gourmet style. very romantic. all of them with breathtaking views.

Small property, but exclusive. you feel like in a country club at the sea.

We definitely recommend this hotel for your stay at Seychelles.

Also another important issue : It is located in the best part of the Island. the most touristic side of the island of Mahe.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
RM_HiltonNortholme, General Manager at Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your recent stay with us in the Seychelles, at the Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort and Spa.

I was extremely pleased to learn that you were satisfied with your overall vacation experience, the villa, the service and you would consider recommending us to friends or family. Please be advised that your kind feedback has been shared with the whole team.

Once again I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and rest assured that all your feedback is shared and discussed with my team to further improve on our services and facilities.

I look forward to welcoming you back to our small paradise.

Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
  • Turkish first
USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

Wow. Just returned from two weeks at the Hilton Northolme and it was divine. First, the hotel facility itself is fantastic. The villas are extremely high end and the views are spectacular. The beaches at the hotel are good for sunning and a bit of swimming, with a nice (if small) pool. It's the island's best location, with Beau Vallon beach nearby (don't miss Wednesday nights and weekends there, with lots of vendors and local crowds), and many great restaurants nearby. I strongly recommend you rent a car so you can easily explore the island and get to the beaches and resturants easily. Daily breakfast was a very good buffet, though otherwise we generally ate at other restaurants away from the hotel for lunch and dinner. When we did eat there it was good (though priced as hotel restaurants are).

The staff was really impressive. First, our bags didn't make it until two days after we arrived, and Hubert was extremely helpful getting us what we needed to make it for a couple days. Second, the staff was attentive again and again. For instance, one night we asked the front desk for some silverware to use on the fruit we bought at the market (they sent it up via room service for free); the next day, the same staff member saw us and asked how the fruit was. For our anniversary the hotel sent up a complimentary bottle of champagne. Little things like this happened again and again, reminding me of my favorite prior resort experience, the Four Seasons Bali at Sayan, another exceptional resort.

We were so sad to leave, and this resort is really something special. Having traveled extensively and stayed at resorts throughout the world, I think it's a truly elite resort and I would recommend it to anyone who wants to get away from it all in paradise.

Room Tip: The top-level villas on the hill are better than the bottom-level villas on the hill.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
RM_HiltonNortholme, General Manager at Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at the Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa and for taking the time to share your comments on Trip Advisor.com. We deeply appreciate any comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

We were very pleased to learn that you were satisfied with your overall experience, your villa, the beach and the service of our team members.

I look forward to welcoming you back to our small paradise.

West Sussex
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

We stayed for a week in December and had a wonderful stay. This is the perfect retreat, a great balance of luxury and going back to nature. The hotel is on the best part of the island in my opinion, lots of good restaurants near by in Beau Vallon and if you have a car (which I recommend) you can easily explore the island. The rooms are beautiful, we were next to the welcome lodge which can be a bit noisy but we live in a city so this was not a problem for us, if you like silence at night perhaps ask for another room. The food was good at all the restaurants, Jason the Chef was often about to talk to us about local ingredients. The hotel prices are what you expect from a 5* resort, there is a small shop 5 mins walk away which sells beer and wine etc so that helps, also the bar has a great happy hour. There are no children under 13 so this adds to the peacefulness of the resort and there are not that many rooms so you have plenty of privacy, even though they are two storey villas we never saw or heard from downstairs. Restaurants to try near by are the Black Pearl and The Boat House, both very good and affordable. The pool is beautiful and the staff very helpful bring drinks and snacks etc. I cannot tell you how much I adored this hotel, I have stayed in some of the best hotels in the world and Northolme is top of my list.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper ask for a room away from the welcome lodge, also be aware that the wildli...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
RM_HiltonNortholme, General Manager at Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa, responded to this review, December 22, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at the Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa and for taking the time to share your comments on Trip Advisor.com. We greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

We were very pleased to learn that you were satisfied with your overall experience; the villas, our restaurant, and be assured that all your positive feedback is shared and discussed with my team.

Baku, Azerbaijan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

Well yep the villas are 1 up one down, yep the beach isn't massive but its a very good location and lovely view of setting sun. the Villas are excellent in fact I think it was one of the best I have been in. I do not like the fact as a captive audience paying massively over the odds for water and internet - I had a VOS in Dubai Fairmount for under 1/2 what Seychelles litre cost.... when will hilton realise its damaging its reputation on this issue. Staff lovely and resort clean and well kept, Massage was good, if a little overpriced again - I spend a lot on a 5* and don't appreciate getting humped at every corner possible when there, if you think I am over reacting - its just annoys....
Buffets were excellent and again staff brilliant. Restaurant for breaky was lovely and even over prosecco, although I was not game at 0730!

All in all I am glad we went there, it was lovely and all in all 4/5 is my score..

Room Tip: The Ocean villas are 1 to a block, the standard villas are not - pay the money get the better ones...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
RM_HiltonNortholme, General Manager at Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Dear Guest,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your recent stay with us at the Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa. I hope that you have experienced the true magic of the Seychelles and return home with many wonderful memories.

We were very pleased to learn that you were satisfied with your overall experience.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

Spend your money elsewhere. Here is the review i left the hotel:
I booked a villa and was supprised that it was not an individual villa but rather a two unit structure. this invaded privacy and made both parties uncomfortable. When you book a villa, you expect a free standing structure without neighbors above or below...this is not the case so beware. The A/C was not powerful enough and I was uncomfortably hot in the room. Early morning traffic and cleaning staff woke me up every morning. The sweeping of the grounds was exceedingly loud. There was no wireless connectivity in the rooms which is ridiculous for 2012. All of my devices are wireless and i had to pay a hefty price to use the weak wireless in the uncomfortable lobby. The wireless did not even extend to the nearbye pool or restaurant areas, and i had to pay double to connect two of devices. This is really unheard of. I started going to Le Meridien to eat meals and utilize their wireless. The restaurants were poor quality. I swear the coffee was of the instant variety. This is not what you expect from a 5 star resort. Dinner portions from the 'live station' were ridiculous. I was offered a quarter of a chicken breast at a time. Just ridiculous. Soft drinks are not even included in the buffet price. I ordered blended drinks one evening and the blender was broken. In a tropical resort?! No blended beverages? Was offered a bottle of water instead...wow. Absurd. The portions at lunch were also laughable. In room dining took three trips to get the order correct. I asked to have the in room safe fixed three times, and no one ever came. I asked to check out early and no one ever addressed the request. I tried to use the 'complimentary' massage offer, but there was never a slot available...surprise surprise. I tried to change money at the hotel desk but were limited to $100 a day. That is not even enough to cover a meal bill at the restaurant on premises. Housekeeping often opened the door on me while I was in the room. All in all, I was very dissatisfied with the level of service at this supposed five star resort.

Room Tip: dont be fooled, these are not villas but duplexes.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
RM_HiltonNortholme, General Manager at Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Dear Guest,

I was really concerned to read about your dissatisfaction with your experience, the villa, the Internet service did not meet with your expectations, and the service and I’m sorry you were disappointed. Please accept my sincere apologies for all the inconvenience caused to you.
Although it is very disheartening to receive this kind of feedback, we do believe it is the most important way to measure the quality of our service, and how best to improve on those areas in which we fail to deliver on the expectations of our guests.

Mauritius
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

All villas have great views, spacious rooms, excellent furnishings, comfortable bed, large bathroom, proper coffee machine, great terrace with garden furniture.
The pool area is on split levels and there is a beach area too, so you only have a few people in each area, which allows you plenty of space and quiet.
The Staff are very helpful and the food is very good. The dining is themed each evening, so it is worth finding out what is being served and also going to see the buffet, before buying the dinner voucher, as sometimes you can be better off with the al-a-carte restaurant.

Room Tip: I had the hillside villa, while it was not positioned on the beachfront, it still had a great view.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

We place great value on your custom and your continued relationship with Hilton. I look forward to welcoming you once more to Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa or any of our Hilton Worldwide Hotels in the near future.

With best regards,

Donegal Town, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

Very friendly staff and excellent service. Booked a luxury beach villa which was in a very good setting right next to the pool and all the facilities. Unfortunately we had to cancel at the last minute the first time we booked due to a family bereavement and they took this on board and rebooked our holiday with no extra charges.

There was just a few things which did not make it perfect. It took the three days to deliver the bathrobes and at times the room towels were very poor quality in fact thread bare not 5 star quality.

Also the floor in the main restaurant was very slippy.. When we mentioned it to the management we were told it was known and just to walk over it carefully! They did say it was going to be replaced. There were no signs up to warn other guests and I did see other guests mention it. Very much a health and safety issue. Hopefully this will be rectified soon.

Food was excellent and very tasty although a little pricey. The spa was a disappointment. We booked the top end couples massage and it did not really fulfill its promise. Nothing technically wrong but it was lacking the ambience promised. We have done this several times before and unfortunately this experience comes bottom.

Nothing was particularly bad and did not spoil the overall experience and we would be happy to return in the future.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
RM_HiltonNortholme, General Manager at Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Dear Guest,

I have greatly appreciated all your kind comments about our villas and service of our team members.
Please be advised that your kind feedback has been shared with the whole team especially in regards to the bathrobes, the floor in the main restaurant and the spa.

Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa

Been to Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!