“Super vacation with a personal touch” 5 of 5 stars

You added Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Orbitz.com Booking.com
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Victoria, Glacis, Mahe Island, Seychelles   |
Ranked #2 of 3 hotels in Glacis
“Super vacation with a personal touch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Great hotel. At a price, but very recommended for anyone looking for a special vacation or honeymoon place. The villas are spectacular and very private, the service is great, everyone has been suprt friendly. Staff to guest relation is over 2 to 1.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
RM_HiltonNortholme, General Manager at Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Dear Guest,

First, I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your recent stay with us at the Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort and Spa. I hope that during your stay you were able to experience the true magic of the islands and were able to return home with many happy memories.

I have greatly appreciated all your kind comments about our villas and service of our team members.

454 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
  • Turkish first
Henley-on-Thames, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Beautiful hotel, friendly staff, perfect setting, all in all a wonderful hotel! Great rooms with private terrace balcony, very comfortable loungers on the decking, romantic 4 poster beds. Clean beaches, and a lovely view from the pool. Can see why it is a honeymoon destination, will definitely be back and to treat my wife. Bar is a little on the expensive side. ut that is my only grumble, can't fault the hotel or the staff otherwise.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your recent stay with us at the Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa. I hope that you have experienced the true magic of the Seychelles and return home with many wonderful memories.

I have greatly appreciated all your kind comments about our rooms, the beach and the pool.
Please be advised that your kind feedback has been shared with the whole team.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our lovely property and to any Hilton Hotels & Resorts in the near future.

Dubai
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

We spent 3 nights here. What we liked:

The rooms are lovely and the large terrace with the sun loungers and love seat provides a private alternative to the pool.
The pool was refreshing and I loved the view over beau vallon.
The two little coves are stunning and the view over the turquoise water from the bar was my absolute favourite thing.
The food at the beach bar was good, although I did feel that pizza was a big miss from the menu, this is often something we like to order for lunch or for room service.
The restaurant les cocotiers food was delicious the one time we went there although my risotto was lacking somewhat (rocket was meant to be added as stated on the menu, they had obviously ran out so chucked some iceberg on instead....not the same thing at all).
Service was always excellent, we had stayed elsewhere and eaten at lots of local restaurants and found the service in the Seychelles to be very sullen, and at times down right rude wherever we went but the staff here had obviously had the Hilton training!
The fact that there were no children! It was the first time we had been in a resort with this rule and it ally made for a peaceful and relaxing time, and the resort is so small it was a sensible rule.
Breakfast was very good. Loved the bubbles! My husbsand had the local speciality twice, fish one day and chicken the other and he loved them.

What we didn't like:
NO FREE INTERNET ACCESS!!! This is really remarkable. We have stayed in hotels all over the world and there is always some provision, be it free wifi is only accessable in the lobby, or a pc in the lobby that you can access Internet on, or a card for a free 15 mins a day and Hilton really needs to catch up and provide this. Cable Internet in room...chargeable, wifi in lobby...chargeable, pc in lobby...chargeable. This is ridiculous considering how much room rates are!

Although we loved our stay and the resort I found it to be very expensive for what it is. It is almost like a banyan tree or six senses resort but not quite as the villas do not have private pools but at over 400 euro a night for the cheapest room (rate we paid) I feel it is charging as one of these elite resorts. Whereas when we have stayed in these other resorts before the name 'hill top villa' was used more appropriately. Our hilltop villa was only second row behind the beach villa, I would class this more a garden villa. Hilltop villas in my mind are high up in the hills with amazing views. We could just about glimpse the sea. Also the name 'villa' did not really describe what our room was either as there are two floors with another guest in the room above. The rooms are not soundproof at all we could hear footsteps, talking, hangers in the wardrobe etc etc which when you are paying a premium you don't expect to get the experience of being in a noisy apartment block. If I had realised this I would have booked the beach villa as they are single story. There are also two single story hill villas right at the end so maybe request these if peace and quiet are of importance to you. Although as the villas are not very soundproof the sound of the groundsmen sweeping etc will still penetrate.

All in all, despite the few niggles mentioned above we loved the resort and will recommend it to friends.

Something to bear in mind:
One night we attempted to walk to beau vallon but the road was so dark we turned back. Security called a cab (ask for frank, he was great) who took us and picked us up for 100 rupees each way.

As someone has recommended previously I would not pay for dinner or breakfast when booking, we paid 40 euro each at time of booking and I am sure we could have bought a voucher for less at the hotel. Vouchers are also available for evening dinner at the buffet restaurant for less than rack rate although we did not try this restaurant apart from for breakfast.

Room Tip: Beach villa has best view. There are two single story hill villas ask for them if you want to avoid...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
RM_HiltonNortholme, General Manager at Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Dear Guest,

I was very pleased to learn that you were satisfied with your overall experience and you would consider recommending us to friends or family.

I have greatly appreciated all your kind comments about our rooms, the view, your snorkeling experience, your appreciation of the bay, the food and especially the service of the team.
Please be advised that your kind feedback has been shared with the whole team.

We have well noticed your comments regarding the Internet service and please accept our sincere apologies for all inconvenienced caused.

Lausanne, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012 via mobile

Very nice and friendly staff. The rooms are unbelievable. Smallest Hilton in the world (40 Rooms). Perfect hotel for a romantic vacation. Access to a small quiet and beautiful beach. The bar is a bit pricy and closes early. Not much happening after 8pm.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
RM_HiltonNortholme, General Manager at Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at the Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa and for taking the time to share your comments on Trip Advisor.com.

We were very pleased to learn that you were satisfied with your overall experience although I I was really concerned to read about your dissatisfaction of the Ocean View Bar did. Please accept my sincere apologies for all the inconvenience caused to you during your stay, spoiling an otherwise joyful vacation.

Once again I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and rest assured that all your feedback is shared and discussed with my team to further improve on our services and facilities.

I look forward to welcoming you back to our small paradise.

Northumberland National Park, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

On arrival you recieve a refreshing drink whilst filling in forms for your stay. After this is done you hop on a golf buggy and they take you down to the reception and to the main restaurant.
We had booked a hillview villa but got an upgrade to the oceanview villa which was well sized.
The staff couldn't do enough for you and were always very polite.
The main restaurant served buffet breakfast where you could get your american style buffet, pastries, cereals, homemade yoghurts, fresh fruit juices, a wide range a fresh fruit, coffee, latte, teas, sparkling wine and the list goes on. On an evening they had different themed nights. All had a wide range of food and cooked fresh.
One night it was seafood which we don't like so went to the Oceanview Bar for something to eat. The food here is not as good and it is not included in your half board basis. It is also far too overpriced and this includes the drinks and icecreams. If they lowered their drink prices they would find that more people would come to the bar on an evening instead of going straight back to their villas after their evening meal. The only time you saw people was at happy hour or the management meeting evening.
The hotel is only a 10 minute walk away from Beau Vallon beach which we walked to every afternoon for an icecream. There is also a bus stop right outside the hotel which takes you to Victoria and only costs 5 rupees.
Overall a lovely hotel and excellent staff but just a shame about the overpriced bar!!!
I would definately recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
RM_HiltonNortholme, General Manager at Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Dear Guest,

I was really concerned to read about your dissatisfaction that menu at the Ocean View Bar did not meet with your expectations. Please accept my sincere apologies for all the inconvenience caused to you during your stay, spoiling an otherwise joyful vacation. Please be advised that your kind feedback has been shared with the whole team.

We place great value on your custom and your continued relationship with Hilton. I look forward to welcoming you once more to Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa or any of our Hilton Worldwide Hotels in the near future.

Bournemouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

THE MOST BEAUTIFUL , LOCATION , PARADISE LOST !!!! I WAS MARRIED ON THE BEACH HERE ,THE WATER WAS LIKE A BATH , THE DIVEING OUT OF THIS WORLD , this is a dream holiday lush is all i can say !!! , the out of this world restaurant a TRUE 5 STAR VENUE X awsome , would not hesitate to recommend this hotel it was sheer bliss ,ppl really helpfull ,friendly and funny ,and the beach beau vallon is a must

Room Tip: SEA VIEW CANNOT BE BEATEN. it is awsome ON THE TOP OF THE HOTEL , LESS NOISE FROM THE MUCH NEEDED AI...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
RM_HiltonNortholme, General Manager at Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Dear Guest,

We were very pleased to learn that you were satisfied with your overall experience and you would consider recommending us to friends or family. Please be advised that your kind feedback has been shared with the whole team.

Yours sincerely,

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

This is a fabulous hotel...from the staff, views, spa services, pool, small but nice beach lagoon, restaurant & breakfast to the comfortable, quiet rooms. The room we had overlooked the ocean with a relaxing sitting area on the balcony complete with beautiful bathrooms, nice amenties and jacuzzi tub in which one could literally "soak up" the amazing views! We stayed there 3 separate times, all ocean view rooms, and just loved it, it was truly our favorite of all the hotels in the Seychelles. The staff was exceptional, my luggage was lost and they not only gave me with a few items to wear but took the initiative to contact their connections to may certain I received my luggage ASAP. I could not speak more highly of this hotel, staff, accomdations, just an absolutely brilliant holiday....destination OMG!!

Room Tip: Oceanview rooms!
Dear Guest,

We were very pleased to learn that you were satisfied with your overall experience, the villa, the view, the spa services, the restaurant, and above all the service of our team members.

Once again I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and rest assured that all your kind feedback has been shared with the whole team.

I look forward to welcoming you back to our small paradise.

Yours sincerely,

Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa

Been to Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!