“Beauty beyond words !” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
New Delhi, India
“Beauty beyond words !”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2015

As we go by saying " Best is saved for the last "
As Honeymoon comes once in a lifetime hence we wanted an experience that should last life-long & we were quite right after booking this beautiful property based on its #1 rating on TripAdvisor.
In comparison to Hilton & other similar hotels here : This one is certainly pricier but If you do not want to be just being a number in well known Chain of hotels then this is the place for you !
Though we had a mis-understanding with one of the partner- Jon { Not because : " what he said " rather " the way he said " } however later the other partner " Michel " solved everything to the best extent through his personalized touch to every moment wherever he was present !
It is the friendly smiling service of Kelvin & Nanette along with mesmerising postcard views that makes it worthwhile staying in this small hotel. Michel is at just the right level and goes to great length to make you feel at home. The room we had was spacious and pretty, the breakfast is good but basic and the distance to the beach is reasonable. The pool may be small, but it’s a relaxing and quiet place – one where you really don’t mind spending some special moments with your loved one !
Thank you very much for making our stay so pleasant!!!

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Oslo, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2015

Fellow travellers, if you go to Mahe, avoid the resorts and try this great villa (4 suites) that is just like explained by others. Stayed at the master suit, and felt like royalty. The view is breathtaking and the tranquility suberb, topped by the friendly and genuine couple that runs the place Jon and Michel really makes you feel at home and share personal stories before dinner withe free appertizer and drink With fellow guests at 7.15. pm.
A big plus that we could keep the room until we left at 9. pm at night.
On the expensive side - but really...., you only live once !
A minus was some misunderstandings with the staff that tried hard, but seemed unexperienced, and the food was a big dissapointment, and really not up to the standard we expected. This is probably due to the fact that the chef was new, but still... The pool was also not as good / big as it looks on the pictures, but the villa itself With large common areas with beautiful Furniture and art work of many kinds together with its owners outways this. We would be back if ever in Mahe again. PS: Not child friendly. Strongly recommend resort if you travel with kids.

Room Tip: The Master suite (to die for), or the Azur suite upstairs are better than the smaller suites downsta...
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
california
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2014

My husband and I spent four nights at Petit Amour Villa and we could not have asked for more. We expected to enjoy the villa in the evening while we explored the island and recovered from jet lag before a cruise through all of the Seychelles. Instead, my husband was laid low by a flu and we used the villa as a home away from home. Except for a few hours each day when I went for walks or drives on my own, we were there all the time, for all of our meals, everything. Thank goodness!! We had a spacious room with adjacent living room, gorgeous public rooms (shared with 6 other guests who weren't around during the day), a magnificent terrace view, a lovely swimming pool, and of course the gracious hosts. Michel took me with him to the Victoria market on Saturday, Jon helped me rent a car and negotiate a reasonable settlement for the damage I caused to the front mirror, they provided tea and toast and simple meals (alas, we were never up for the beautiful 4 course meals the other guests raved about). Every aspect of the villa is beautiful, and had we been on the go all the time I might not have noticed. Fortunately, my husband recovered nicely and the rest of the trip was great!

Room Tip: Al of the rooms are lovely--I took a peek at the biggest suite and it's got a WOW factor, but ev...
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Lugano, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2014

This is the real luxury experience. Not the big chain resorts where you are just a number among many, but the cosy intimate atmosphere of a magnificent villa with only 4 rooms and amazing service.
Michel and Jon are truly fantastic hosts and make you feel like a friend visiting. They often show up for small chats during dinner and every day they organize an aperitif with all guests while watching the sun setting. The view from the villa is the best you could ask for, you can get an idea from the pictures.
The food was gorgeous (and being Italian we were demanding guests), the room was immaculately clean and the staff very nice and friendly.
I highly recommend this jewel and I most likely will be back too.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2014

Thanks to all the team that made our stay unique - petit Amour Villa is special, so charming, full of joyful, helpful staff & astonishing views. We spent an unforgettable 2 days here by ending our honneymoon.
Also the dinner is very delicious!
Thanks - we are happy to recommend :-)

Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Oxford, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2014

I went to the Seychelles for some much needed r+r, I picked Petit Amour Villa purely from reviews left here on trip advisor. And i'm happy to say the reviews do it justice!

From the moment I arrived I was greeted by two of the most generous hosts in Michel and Jon, they made me feel part of the family from day 1. In the evenings I enjoyed canapés with other guests before sitting down to food like nothing you've ever tasted. From perfectly cooked steak to the local creol cuisine at no point as I disappointed.

The room had everything I needed, beds you melt into, tv with 000's of movies to choose from, ac, and if I ever wanted refreshments a simple ask was all it took. The bathrooms were very much the same, all the bells and whistles and very clean!

The villa comes equipped with views you only see on postcards, the stars shine brighter and the tropical weather makes perfect sunbathing weather.

I only have one regret about the whole experience, leaving.

Thank you so much Michel and Jon, I shall book to come back soon!

• Stayed September 2014, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2014

I had the pleasure to stay at Petit Amour Villa in early July. My fiance and I decided to marry in Seychelles and our gut instinct was that Petit Amour was our best bet; we have never been so right. Prior to arriving Michel was in a constant contact with us asking us about every detail of the wedding which was really appreciated.

On arriving at the villa we were greeted with the warmest welcome from Michel and Jon. The villa is like something from a movie, (or from the Raffaelo chocolate advert filmed at the Villa! Check it out on youtube). The views are beautiful, the atmosphere is very chilled and the villa itself is so luxurious, impeccably clean and generally an amazing place to spend time relaxing.

Our wedding was wonderful; nothing was too much trouble. If you are considering a wedding in Seychelles I urge you to get in touch with Michel and Jon as they will put so much love, attention and detail into your special day. Since staying at the Villa I have been put off chain hotels for life.

My husband and I have every intention to return to the villa for another holiday. Some of the things we loved the most were the honeymoon suite (our honeymoon bath prepared by Michel and Jon was insanely romantic and the room is massive which proved useful on the wedding day getting ready). We had the luxury of having the villa to ourselves for several days, Michel showed us the other rooms- I would happily stay in any of the rooms, they are all beautiful. We also loved the food and drinks, so delicious. They have a jam packed entertainment system which you can access lots of movies and music, great for the occasional rainy day you may get.

The most special thing about our stay though, was Michel and Jon. These men are incredible. They are caring, thoughtful, pre-empt your needs and are so much fun. What I would say ia, if you are looking to be anonymous on your holiday, this may not be the place for you. The villa is a sociable place, where guests mingle with one and other. If Jon and Michel told me they were moving to any place and opening a new hotel, I would be there in shot, regardless of the destination! As they are at the heart of this wonderful place.

A thousand thank yous!

Room Tip: They are all stunning.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Petit Amour Villa? Share your experiences!