“Unique luxury with a personal touch” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bliss-Hotel Seychelles

You added Bliss-Hotel Seychelles to your Saves list
Bliss-Hotel Seychelles
4.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   Vista Do Mar, Glacis, Mahe Island, Seychelles (Formerly Bliss Hill Secret Garden Hotel)   |
Ranked #2 of 2 Glacis B&B and Inns
Victoria, Beau Vallon, Seychelles
“Unique luxury with a personal touch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

I'd visited Bliss hotel's gorgeous rooftop bar many times, with their beautiful daybeds and glorious view and decided to try out the accommodation with some friends for a birthday weekend, what an amazing experience! The rooms are decorated in the most stylish and unique boutique way, almost like a piece of art! We stayed in a waterfront room which had a private deck right on the picturesque beach where we spent most of our time. The room, however was also a sight to behold. A huge bathroom with a shower big enough for four people, expansive room with a separate lounge area, all spacious and tastefully decorated in a very modern style with lovely touches that reflect the real feel of the Seychelles, driftwood and shell decorations. It really has a relaxed feel while being very much of a five star standard. We also dined in the restaurant, again breathtakingly beautiful with a million dollar ocean view, fantastic food and efficient friendly service. I was lucky enough to enjoy a delightful massage in Bliss's spa again overlooking the sea, what a treat! It really is hard to describe just how enjoyable an experience Bliss was, not your run of the mill hotel which often in my opinion lack character and real style. Everything well exceeded expectation and the personal service which we received is almost unheard of, having stayed in many hotels around the world. I was particularly impressed with Nadia, the manageress. She's warm, friendly and unbelievably accommodating. I'll be back the soonest chance I get!

Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

Six friends and I stayed at Bliss for a long weekend to celebrate my birthday. It was a wonderful weekend. The staff were extremely friendly. Management went out of their way to ensure my birthday was one in a million. The food was good. Cocktails were fresh and fruity with a great kick. We also ate dinner at Lounge 8, where another 10 people joined us. Everyone raved about the food and friendly service.
It was hard to leave our room at the end of the weekend. We had our own private balcony leading onto the beach and we had a massive room, with beautiful 4-poster bed.
I have tried booking more weekends, but at the moment its fully booked.
I cannot wait to go back and experience more of what Bliss has to offer.
Natalie Glass

Room Tip: I stayed in Room 1, but was fortunate to be shown a few other rooms - they are all unique with a bea...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

Our stay at the Bliss Hotel was absolutely perfect! We were upgraded from a deluxe seaview room to the Birgo Suite. I'm so glad we got that upgrade because I wasn't that impressed with the deluxe seaview room, but my God, the Birgo Suite was breathtaking!!! (see my photos). The suite was beautiful, it had a perfect view overlooking the turquoise blue sea and white sand beach, it was spacious and dreamy (I wish I was staying there with my partner rather than my mum!). The actual hotel is wonderful - it is a small little boutique hotel which is set on its own beautiful private beach, where the water is a gorgeous bright blue, the sand is white and fluffy and if you go snorkelling there is colourful tropical fish 10m into the water! The staff were wonderful and very helpful - for example one of the guys would climb the palm tree everyday to get my mum and I coconuts! They serve a beautiful continental breakfast at your room each day, which you can enjoy on your balcony overlooking the water. They also had a few dinners on while we were there, which were delicious and meant that we could mingle with and get to know other guests staying at the hotel. There was also complimentary afternoon tea served each day. My mum and I went to the spa a few times and it was wonderful - i really loved the milk, honey and brown sugar body exfoliant, followed by a full body massage - amazing! The day spa looks right onto the beach as well and it is so relaxing with the sound of the waves. I also recommend having a room service dinner but asking them to serve it to you on the deck overlooking the beach - amazing food and a breathtaking view! The restaurant next door (something 8? Can't remember what it's called!) has delicious food as well.

I absolutely loved the Seychelles, and Bliss was a perfect choice for us :)

A tip - I very much recommend a) hiring a car, because that way you can explore the whole of Mahe Island (which is very small!) for yourself and drive around to all of the gorgeous beaches and b), absolutely without a doubt if you are visiting the Seychelles you MUST go to La Digue Island and see Source d'Argent - the closest thing to heaven on earth!!!

Room Tip: Go on, spend the money and book a suite! Or swoon your way into getting an upgrade - you will NOT be...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

I think hotel management never heard of the word maintenance. It is in a great location, lovely views and helpful staff. Sun bed, wooden railings & floor, bathroom walls, breakfast area, balcony, furniture etc all are in dreadful condition. Next to ocean so the sound of waves keeps you awake, and can't hear the TV which has no channel only dvd player with collection of 10 movies.

Ohh the restaurant Lounge 8 has a surprise menu (580 or 800 rupees person) they just tell you it will be 3 course or 5 course meal. lol. Never heard of this before. Have to take bus 5 rupees or taxi 250 rupees to go to Beu Vallon where 4 restaurants available. Nice beach though.

Room Tip: avoid this hotel
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Sheila S, General Manager at Bliss-Hotel Seychelles, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Bliss is more a concept than a hotel, the drift wood, the natural elements, the simplicity of the the design and the material are a choice and a life style statement. Sorry the photos you posted were taken in a rainy and windy day, when our sun beds are wet and the sundeck generally not set as per our standards.

Corfu Town, Greece
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Arriving first day in mahe,bliss was the first hotel we have arranged to stay with our 3 years old son.When we entered the small loby we liked it a lot,as it seemed different from the typical big hotel chains...and the paradise stopped there!We have arranged a room facing the garden.What you see in the net is only the rooms facing the sea.The garden rooms belong to a total different building,crossing the main street,the room was full of humidity,very difficult to breath especially in the night,dirty curtains leaving free view from the outside and the hole zen situation that we have seen in the net was fake.Breakfast was very poor and in the dinner a la carte with 4-5 choices the same every day[there are not other restaurants in walking distance.I wouldn't recomment this hotel to anyone I like!

Room Tip: I suppose only the rooms to the central building.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your review.

As you can see on the web Bliss-Hotel.net the hotel is delelopped in two areas, offering two different surroundings: the Sea Side and the Hill Side. Those two wings are separated by a road: for a better understanding on the hotel categories and locations, I suggest you give a look at the map you can dowload on our web site.

It is actually true that in January the weather in Seychelles has been really bad, we have experienced the effect of an important cyclon in the Indian Ocean, which has cause floads and damages all over the island: fortunatly in Glacis area and at the Bliss, the effects have been only a feel of humidity.

I hope this helps
Donetsk, Ukraine
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

I chose this hotel on the basis of the website that they have, which I liked a lot.
It is obvious that the place used to be really nice but now it clearly needs refurbishments.
Even though I rated staff service as bad it does not apply to some of its members but the general impression was what it was.
Like I called it...it's a good place to come and sleep there while spending your days to explore the island by rented car, which we did.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with OIT Hotels

Vienna, Austria
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

There were a number of positive things to mention. The hotel staff were incredibly helpful and courteous, both at the front desk and at the restaurant. Everyone was knowledgeable and informally friendly. In addition, we were enthralled by the facilities. The hotel is in a great location, and the view from the room and the restaurant, not to mention the immediate beach access, are absolutely fantastic. The food at the restaurant - both breakfast and dinner - were first-rate.
On the other hand, there were several deficiences really compromised our stay. First, there was an animal control problem in the room. There were animals in the duct directly above the bed in the room - most likely birds, as we heard scurrying and chirping in that area on both evenings and during the first night. On the second night, we also found a cockroach in our room. This made the stay particularly uncomfortable for my girlfriend, who does not deal well with animals and so was not able to sleep well either night. Secondly, the toilet in our room suffered from a persistent, pungent odor of urine. We tried several times to mask the smell using perfume, but the benefit was short-lived in each instance. And finally, we were promised a box breakfast given our early departure on Sunday (at 6:30 am), but never received it and were told by the cook present that he had not been informed of the request.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Bliss-Hotel Seychelles? Share your experiences!