“Fourth time = Disappointed :(” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Glacis
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Eclectic
Good for: Special occasions, Bar scene, Doing business, Romantic, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Refined and desing, lounge ambience set the tone. Discover original tasting dishes that are well worth the trip there. And seeview on the sunset at the lounge bed...
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Fourth time = Disappointed :(”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

I have been to this place now - the fourth time. And sadly i was disappointed. They now also have an ala carte menu, so you can order and know what you are getting (I actually rather the surprise menu, so you actually don't set an expectation)
Anyway, when we made the reservation, we did mention that i am a pescetarian - however, that very quickly became vegetarian - there is a difference :(
we were handed the menu, and we decided on the Scallops and lamb chops for starter and beef and duck for the main (had to change my dietary requirement as i did not see anything else that was exciting on the menu - catch of the day - something you get in every menu - see now, you know why i say the surprise menu would have worked better on me)ad i was not given the option by the waitress
when the Scallops came - i found the sweet potato could have been smoother, thank god the scallops were amazing! and the duck for my main that i was really looking forward too - the skin was not crispy and the duck was over cooked. the potatoes that came along with the dish was really good and went well with the orange sauce. When we did inform the Waitress about it, she said ' why did you not tell me that earlier?' well, if you actually bothered to come around and ask for our satisfaction (instead of chatting with your work mate) after the first bite that we took, you would have known.
I kindda felt like i shouldn't have told her about it. She said she will speak to the chef and came back to the table to let us know that the Chef is not angry about it!! I just found it rather bizarre.
When we asked for the wine menu - there was some exchange in creole between the two waitress and after much of a hesitation, we got the menu and decided on ordering wine by glass. As my partner was having his starter, she brought the wine, and when his main course arrived, she brought the second glass (he hadn't even finished the first glass). she looked like she was in a hurry to serve the second glass and did not even ask if we were ready for the second.
For dessert - we decided to head elsewhere. We paid the bill and left.

It's rather disappointing that this was what i experienced, as previously i did write a review 'Worth every penny'. I want to give Lounge 8 another try, but rather skeptical about it.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Great steak, great atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

We visited on the last day of our honeymoon. The place was surprisingly empty despite it being a Friday night. I can imagine why as the setting is lovely with a tropical feel right at the ocean and great food. My wife had well made mojito, which came surprisingly quickly. Both of us decided on steak, which we were so glad we did. It was perfectly cooked with just the right amount of peppercorn basting. It was accompanied by a tasty wasabi mash and a fresh, crunchy salad. Generous portions meant we had to share the lovely chocolate fondant for desert. The service was attentive without being obtrusive. I can't believe it was empty! A must do for mahe.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
London, United Kingdom
“Ibiza vibe in the Seychelles”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

Firstly, the bar upstairs has nothing to do with Lounge 8, but it's well worth a stop off to relax on the day beds while enjoying a sundowner, before heading to Lounge 8 for a wonderful meal. They have changed the menu - they no longer offer the surprise menu talked about in previous reviews. However the food is wonderful and the setting great offering a cool vibe. As you'd expect in the Seychelles the sea food platter is a must - but don't expect it to come cheap.

Visited April 2013
Bel Ombre, Beau Vallon, Seychelles
“Great Food and superbe Decor,little Buddha bar in Seychelles!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

A very Nice welcoming from the Lady of the House,its a little Buddha paradise in Paradise Seychelles,We where 6 friends 3 couples,my wife had a very delicious cold salad with seafood,myself i had a coquille St-jacques perfectly cooked and very tasty,after i had a filet de Boeuf cooked as i wished and to not forget dessert chocolate fondue with icecream.
We had a great time and all my friends where very much satisfied about the food ,we are all world travellers with experience about fine dining.Well Done 8 team we sure come back.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
The Hague, The Netherlands
“Best of Mahé”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Top-French cuisine and a magnificant se-view. Enthousiastic team, excellent meals. Nice wines, also French-ones. More than worth the drive to the North of the Island!

• Visited May 2012