“Awesome hospitality and great service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Kempinski Seychelles Resort

You added Kempinski Seychelles Resort to your Saves list
Kempinski Seychelles Resort
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   Baie Lazare | P.O. Box 1356 Victoria, Baie Lazare, Mahe Island, Seychelles   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Baie Lazare
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Awesome hospitality and great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We booked this family vacation in April 2015. We were blown away by the helpful staff and the exotic location of this 5 star resort. There was a slight delay with our check in on the first night ( the manager gave me a logical explanation for this delay.It was related to a group that had delayed their check-out). While we were waiting, we were escorted to the restaurant for supper which was nice because the kids were hungry and we could enjoy dinner while reception sorted the check-in and luggage transfer to the rooms.
After dinner we were briefed about the resort and its facilities. The rooms are spacious with views, serviced 2 to 3 times a day by ever helpful staff.
If any area could be improved, I felt the breakfast and dinner lacked variety. Also tea and coffee are NOT included in the dinner buffet (despite the price). Furthermore I would have appreciated the halaal meat being completely separated from the pork as appose to just being in separate dishes next to each other. However these issues were raised at a cocktail evening arranged by the resort for the guests where we have the opportunity to chat to management, which I thought was very impressive .
Also the first round of the mini bar in the room is free, which is nice as drinks are very expensive. During our entire stay when ever we approached the front desk, waiters, or cleaners for any assistance they would be most helpful.
Lastly the kids club has patient staff and offers sufficient variety to keep kids well entertained
Also wifi connection is excellent in all areas of the resort and on the beach in front of the hotel

Room Tip: Block 2 has rooms very close to the beach with great views
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Friends and I have just arrived at W Hotel Maldives from a 4 day escapade at Kempinski Resort in Seychelles. I still haven't gotten over the great experience at Kempinski. The villa was nice and well maintained and the beach front view really wowed me and still wows me! excellent service, how I wish i could bring all the staffs along with me anywhere i go so i'd sure have a great day always. Amenities were good and the live music was fantastic! Stunning locations, surrounded by superb staffs, this place surely capture my soul and sure be returning! See you next year Kempinski,

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

The property is located on arguably one of the best beach sites on the main Island of Mahe and uses the site very well. The staff in the public areas are very attentive and special mention goes to the shop assistant in the lobby area that went the extra mile to assist the overseas tourist with getting connected on internet and mobile phone. The hotel shares the what of what is great about the Seychelles timeless leisure.

Room Tip: Best areas and most expensive are close to the beach but worth the additional as the beach and surro...
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We thoroughly enjoyed staying at the Kempinski. The staff were very friendly and helpful and the location was beautiful. The breakfast is excellent with lots of choice. Days spent at the beach and in the pool were all the better with the helpful and friendly attendants. Although the free wifi was slow, as expected, there is the option for a faster paid option, although we never had the need for it, as we were there to relax. The food options are varied, but we sit not try the evening buffet. There are a couple of local restaurants nearby that are very good too. Live music every night provided some great evening entertainment. The room was great and spacious with a large, comfortable bed and plenty of cupboard, space should it be needed. Overall a great, relaxing stay.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We have just returned from a wonderful two weeks at the Kempinski with my family. The hotel is set in a stunning location and offers beauty and a great place to relax. The room we had on the beach front was perfect and was attended to very well by the hotel staff. The hotel caters for all types of holidaymakers. If you just want to relax in peace and quiet, you can do so or you can take advantage of the many water sports. My 7 year old son and I played tennis each night once the weather had cooled a little. Families are well catered for however the kids club could be better organised. The staff in the club didn't appear to be overly enthusiastic and appeared quite happy if kids just wanted to play games on a computer. Although there was a daily schedule of activities they didn't appear to stick to the schedule so it became very confusing. One day when my son wanted to go he was informed that there was a private party and he couldn't come in, which was disappointing especially since no notice had been given.

The main buffet restaurant serves different food every night and we thoroughly enjoyed it. the staff were lovely although their level of attentiveness could be improved. You had to wait quite a while to get drinks or have your glass refilled if you went for the unlimited wine option (not a major issue though). We didn't go to L'Indochine (the gourmet restaurant) as it was too expensive and I didn't see anyone in the restaurant the whole 2 weeks I was there. In the main, prices for beer and food are expensive and having the half board option was great.

Overall this hotel is wonderful, set in a stunning location and the staff are lovely. We would definitely return.

Room Tip: Go for beach front room
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
KMPAdmin, General Manager at Kempinski Seychelles Resort, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your well appreciated review regarding your recent stay at the Kempinski Seychelles Resort.

I am very glad to read that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us and you had a relaxing and memorable holiday.

Please accept my sincere apology for the service your experience at our Kids Club. Your feedback has already been discussed with the respective Manager as this does not at all reflect the usual Kids Service we provide. Also your further notes in regards to the service in the restaurant have been shared with the respective Restaurant Manager to ensure that this lack of service will not reoccur in future.

Once again I thank you very much for bringing this matter to my attention and we will continuously work on improving our performance.

I would be more than happy to welcome you again at the Kempinski Seychelles Resort.

With kind regards,

Masami Egami
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Kempinski was the hotel where we decided to start our honeymoon. And imagine: we came from airport at 4 p.m. (Not hurried although the check-in time was declared as 2 p.m). Tired after a long flight and a way from airport we spent in line on front desk more than 40 min. And what we finally heard? That the room will be ready at 8! Instead of taking shower, swimming and relaxing we spent 2 hours in hotel lobby. Although later manager of the hotel make everything a bit faster and offer drinks I'd say that the start of our vacation was awful. All the rest is ok

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
KMPAdmin, Manager at Kempinski Seychelles Resort, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Guest,

Please accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience your experienced upon check in. The length of time you waited for your room was not acceptable and I fully understand your frustration of this situation. I am extremely sorry that your honeymoon started off with this experience which does not at all reflect the high level of quality service we usually stand for. I can only assure you that this will not reoccur in future as this was an exceptional situation we have never had before at our resort.

Once again, thank you very much for bringing this matter to my attention and we will continuously work on improving our performance.

With kind regards,

Masami Egami
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

this is a very nice hotel. i had a bad day 1.. ac not working.. but they did rectify the issue after 20 hours. my
kids were in a room far from us... i complained....
and after that ... the hospitality was superb..
vallerie and then janet upgraded the kids...got our family together!
Navin.. d tennis coach... gr8 sense of humor... his beach boy ..i think justin... took me on a great snorkeling expedition..
to really enjoy this isle of mahe i strongly recommend havg a car rental{cheap}.. u can c all d sites and have your own space.
i have a lot more to stay . but for that private message me

Room Tip: choose sea view .. in block 2, or 4... block 3 is angular to the beach and view. 5 would b best .. c...
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Been to Kempinski Seychelles Resort? Share your experiences!